Reject F1 Games

Archive for the three above subforums
Alianora La Canta

Re: Reject F1 Games

Post by Alianora La Canta »

I am glad nobody has mentioned Grand Prix Challenge on the PS2. {Bort - 2 posts ago}

I've never even had a PS2, never mind Grand Prix Challenge on it. I think I can probably tell without playing it that it includes methods of overtaking that make some sort of sense ;)
Bort

Post by Bort »

Alianora La Canta wrote:I've never even had a PS2, never mind Grand Prix Challenge on it. I think I can probably tell without playing it that it includes methods of overtaking that make some sort of sense ;)

We tried. :)
Of all the games I have ever worked on, I think working on that was my favourite project.
I also worked on the LeMans 24-Hour racing games on the Dreamcast and PS2 for Infogrames back in 2001 or so. Yet another dream project for me.
Python

Post by Python »

Bort wrote:
Alianora La Canta wrote:I've never even had a PS2, never mind Grand Prix Challenge on it. I think I can probably tell without playing it that it includes methods of overtaking that make some sort of sense ;)

We tried. :)
Of all the games I have ever worked on, I think working on that was my favourite project.
I also worked on the LeMans 24-Hour racing games on the Dreamcast and PS2 for Infogrames back in 2001 or so. Yet another dream project for me.

I feel honored that I have played 2 games that someone has worked on that is a member of this board.
Best quote ever
watka wrote:There's only one fair way to settle this: a duel to first blood, using canes, and each of you must be wearing a top hat, waistcoat, and ascot tie.
Bort

Post by Bort »

[quote="Python]
I feel honored that I have played 2 games that someone has worked on that is a member of this board.[/quote]

I am honoured that someone on this board both played games I have worked on, and also didn't nominate them for reject status. :P
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

I remember my dad came home with the original Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix - his boss gave it to him, knowing that I was into racing cars as he'd upgraded to GP2 - and it was so old it came on four floppy discs. I decided to re-install it a few years ago on an old computer just to see what it was like and I can't believe I used to love the game. The only sounds were about three different notes of electronic beeping; have you ever heard The Chain perfored by Microsoft Sam?
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

Le Mans 24 Hours for the Dreamcast was an effing fantastic game and still one of the most enjoyable driving games out there.

Just thought I'd say that.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Captain Hammer wrote:I remember my dad came home with the original Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix - his boss gave it to him, knowing that I was into racing cars as he'd upgraded to GP2 - and it was so old it came on four floppy discs. I decided to re-install it a few years ago on an old computer just to see what it was like and I can't believe I used to love the game. The only sounds were about three different notes of electronic beeping; have you ever heard The Chain perfored by Microsoft Sam?

IIRC the tune at the start of F1GP isnt The Chain but sounds similar......
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

Ah, the wonders of PC internal speakers before computer games musicians started using MIDI...
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

WeirdKerr wrote:
Captain Hammer wrote:I remember my dad came home with the original Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix - his boss gave it to him, knowing that I was into racing cars as he'd upgraded to GP2 - and it was so old it came on four floppy discs. I decided to re-install it a few years ago on an old computer just to see what it was like and I can't believe I used to love the game. The only sounds were about three different notes of electronic beeping; have you ever heard The Chain perfored by Microsoft Sam?

I don't know if F1GP and Geoff Crammon's Grand Prix are one and the same, but the start of the intro (at least) is very definately an electronic version of the bass solo in The Chain.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Captain Hammer wrote:
WeirdKerr wrote:

I don't know if F1GP and Geoff Crammon's Grand Prix are one and the same, but the start of the intro (at least) is very definately an electronic version of the bass solo in The Chain.

And it sounded pretty decent on the SoundBlaster sound card I had at the time.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Bort

Post by Bort »

jackanderton wrote:Le Mans 24 Hours for the Dreamcast was an effing fantastic game and still one of the most enjoyable driving games out there.

Just thought I'd say that.

Aww shucks, thanks!
If only our Producer had been into car racing himself. We had so many ideas to improve that game and he wanted none of it. :(