100418 Bahstralaysian Edition

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

100418 Bahstralaysian Edition

Post by eytl »

A round of applause please! The hard work of kostas22, ADx_wales, TimmyB and shinji has finally borne fruit! Seriously, these guys deserve an honorary reject award - for bravery if nothing else.

The F1 Rejects podcast version 2.0, the Bahstralaysian edition, has now been uploaded. Hear these brave souls discuss the latest F1 news, and the Bahrain, Australian and Malaysian GPs. As well as inane sections recorded by yours truly, including another GMIF1P. Click your way to the podcast page from the front page of the site, or alternatively at this link: http://www.f1rejects.com/podcasts/index.html

The file is larger than usual at around 24MB. The file came to me at 48MB but I've reduced the sound quality slightly for ease of upload/download. Hope you don't mind. If you want the full-blown 48MB version, you can get it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hztajhzzny1

Hope you enjoy it, and drop the guys a line to show your appreciation!
TomWazzleshaw

Re: 100418 Bahstralaysian Edition

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

That was totally and utterly rejectful... in a good way :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

I kept waiting for TimmyB to pop out as Enoch, because it didn't sound exactly like him.

ADX-- It's pronounced "drive", not "dra-eef".

Kostas + Skype --> Kostamus Prime.

I'm glad I didn't have to represent America during the USF1 discussion.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

thehemogoblin wrote:Kostas + Skype --> Kostamus Prime.

Indeed, something was very wrong with my microphone as it turned out :roll:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

kostas22 wrote:

If you record in monaural, you shouldn't have that problem next time.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

ahaah haha ha hahahaha haha HAAAAAAAAAA hahaha ha hahaha HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! :lol: hahaha ha hahaha HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! :lol: haha HAAAAAAAAAA hahaha :lol: HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

NEXT TIME?!?!?!?!?!?!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

ADx_Wales wrote:ahaah haha ha hahahaha haha HAAAAAAAAAA hahaha ha hahaha HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! :lol: hahaha ha hahaha HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! :lol: haha HAAAAAAAAAA hahaha :lol: HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

NEXT TIME?!?!?!?!?!?!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What he said.

Image Image
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

I always say Draeef.

I always say Ren-ALT aswell :P
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

Wizzie wrote:That was totally and utterly rejectful... in a good way :lol:

Now's probably a good moment to give a shout out to Wizzie. He turned up on time and primed to two recording sessions and never actually made it onto the podcast for various reasons. At least the rest of us get some sort of reward (if you can call it that :? ) for the efforts we put in.

Congratulations to 'Kostamus Prime' and the 'English Maestro' for your achievement.

We did it guys! :)
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Suggest we make a "Deleted scenes" via links in here. Thus Wizzies efforts can get broadcast.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

thehemogoblin wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

If you record in monaural, you shouldn't have that problem next time.

Next time you use it, not next time you record a podcast.
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

Sounds like Kostas22 and ADx_Wales were competing in the "Of course" World Championship, I counted 25 "Of course" uses in the news section alone! :lol:
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

TimmyB wrote:Sounds like Kostas22 and ADx_Wales were competing in the "Of course" World Championship, I counted 25 "Of course" uses in the news section alone! :lol:

We thought it was about time 'for sure' was replaced by something a little less annoying... :roll:

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Couldn't get it to download via iTunes so have downloaded direct from the F1 Rejects website onto my laptop then transferring to iTunes library. Looking forward to listening to it. Anybody else had this problem or is it just me?

(And thank goodness this isn't one of my first posts otherwise I would worry I wass sounding like a spambot. Or maybe I am?!?!?!)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Wow. Just wow. I think my personal highlight was the magic roundabout music...
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Of Course, or for sure.

But which is better???

Theres only one way to find out....

Speaking of repeated two word sayings, watching the first round of the British Rallycross championship (where my eureka moment happened in understanding why they're called BMW Sauber Ferrari), Martin Haven and Barry Lee could not help saying "Exactly right" when answering the other guy's question or suggestion.
Bort

Post by Bort »

Hrmmm,... the podcast RSS feed didn't update with this new podcast.
PWNSNBM

Post by PWNSNBM »

"Is this post pointless? Maybe yes, maybe not, this is an F1 forum."
thalion

Post by thalion »

This podcast exceeded my expectations and made me wish that I had a Welsh accent.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

I also found it quite enjoyable. Of course, having been without a podcast since the preseason, maybe that was the cause. ;)
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
Dom

Post by Dom »

Brilliant! Thanks a lot guys, I really enjoyed the faux-momentous introduction and the truly superb melange of accents you managed to find.
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

PWNSNBM wrote:Image

Well we got our podcast COMPLETED unlike peter windsor, stick that in your toaster and bake it.
K-RON

Post by K-RON »

Just finished listening to it, the sound quality was a little poor but the content was great :D well done to all involved! Looking forward to the next one.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

ADx_Wales wrote:

Well we got our podcast COMPLETED unlike peter windsor, stick that in your toaster and bake it.

He's just ironic...or perhaps frustrated with something...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

K-RON wrote:Looking forward to the next one.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HAHAHAHAhahahaahHAHAhahahahahahahHAAHhahaha...we have a comedian in the house!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait, are you being serious? :shock:

Image Image
K-RON

Post by K-RON »

kostas22 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HAHAHAHAhahahaahHAHAhahahahahahahHAAHhahaha...we have a comedian in the house!!!!!!!!!

Yes being serious, content wise the quality was good, just the sound quality that was rejectful.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

K-RON wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

Yes being serious, content wise the quality was good, just the sound quality that was rejectful.

So much work for him though. That's what he was getting at.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

shinji wrote:So much work for him though. That's what he was getting at.

Divide and conquer.
Abhishek

Post by Abhishek »

dr-baker wrote:Couldn't get it to download via iTunes so have downloaded direct from the F1 Rejects website onto my laptop then transferring to iTunes library. Looking forward to listening to it. Anybody else had this problem or is it just me?

(And thank goodness this isn't one of my first posts otherwise I would worry I wass sounding like a spambot. Or maybe I am?!?!?!)

I always have this problem when a new podcast is posted. iTunes doesn't recognize it for a couple of days. After about two or three days, I'm able to download it through iTunes without any issues.
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Clearly PWNSNBM is volunteering to do the next one. Single-handedly.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

eytl wrote:

Oh snap.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

eytl wrote:

There's two of those in that picture.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

First, I haven't quite listened to it yet - but thanks in advance. I am absolutely sure it'll be, to quote Clarckson, sweeeeeet. :D

In another issue, has anyone had any problems downloading it? My podcast receiver, which has always picked up F1Rejects perfectly well, still hasn't caught wind it has been uploaded. Manually downloading the beauty right now.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Malta Shadows F1

Post by Malta Shadows F1 »

thehemogoblin wrote:I'm glad I didn't have to represent America during the USF1 discussion.

i would have done it...would have gotten chewed out because i only started following formula 1 at the start of last year...but i still would have done it.
The "no team gets in option" will probably end up getting used now that Lola has pulled the plug, good call you guys.
Also a big "thank you" guys for keeping this site alive, it has been extremely helpful in getting me up to speed on the sport.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Malta Shadows F1 wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:I'm glad I didn't have to represent America during the USF1 discussion.

i would have done it...would have gotten chewed out because i only started following formula 1 at the start of last year...but i still would have done it.

Of course I would have done it as well, but it's just one of those discussions that is unpleasant. People automatically assume that since the team took the name of the country, it's automatically representative of the nation as a whole.

The only thing it did was set F1 back in the United States approximately 10 to 15 years.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CarlosFerreira wrote:First, I haven't quite listened to it yet - but thanks in advance. I am absolutely sure it'll be, to quote Clarckson, sweeeeeet. :D

In another issue, has anyone had any problems downloading it? My podcast receiver, which has always picked up F1Rejects perfectly well, still hasn't caught wind it has been uploaded. Manually downloading the beauty right now.

I've had exactly the same problem, and did exactly the same thing. Listened to it last night and really appreciated the effort. Also loved the addition of the outtakes at the end! And did somebody mention 24 TEAMS ??? (I'm looking at you, shinji, a.k.a. Ed!).
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Oh, and one more thing - disappointed not to hear to reference to the Canberra Milk Kid on the podcast! :( :cry: :x
MCard LOLA
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

dr-baker wrote:Oh, and one more thing - disappointed not to hear to reference to the Canberra Milk Kid on the podcast! :( :cry: :x

I thought about it but decided to save that one for eytl... even thought it will be old news by then! ;)
joeyjojo

Post by joeyjojo »

it certainly kept me interested in my computer dungeon in uni here, good first try. I need another one cause i'm about to slip in to an irreprible coma. Having similar feelings to the bahrain gp.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

dr-baker wrote:Oh, and one more thing - disappointed not to hear to reference to the Canberra Milk Kid on the podcast! :( :cry: :x

I wanted to put it as the intro music for the Aussie GP bit!!!!

But nooooo, Adrian had to over-rule that and pick Manic bloody Street Preachers instead!!

Image Image