Reject of the Race - Miami 2024

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Londoner

Reject of the Race - Miami 2024

Post by Londoner »

1. Kevin Magnussen. Finally, Pastor Maldonado's record of most penalties in one race weekend is broken. Absolutely epic, he'll go far in this sport. :facepalm:

2. Sergio Perez. Nearly committed the cardinal sin and achieved the square root of sod-all today.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
You-Gee-Eee-Day

Re: Reject of the Race - Miami 2024

Post by You-Gee-Eee-Day »

1. Ricciardo - I forgot he was still in the sport.
2. Albon - You silly billy.
:deletraz:

F1 2019 in a nutshell:
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
"Ferrari is faster"
Mercedes 1-2
went

Post by went »

1- KMag: Collecting a minute's worth of penalties over 78 laps is an achievement.

2- Race Control for deploying the Safety Car in front of the #2 driver. I guess even they were shocked to find out that Verstappen was not leading a race for once.

HM Albon for locking up so hard he almost got into Georgia.
RAK

Post by RAK »

1) Kevin Magnussen: Ridiculously poor performance.

2) Alexander Albon: Undeservedly made his sub-par teammate look better than he is by comparison.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

K-Mag for accumulating an absolutely hilarious amount of penalties.
Row Man Gross-Gene

Post by Row Man Gross-Gene »

Honorable mention to Sainz for whinging so hard about Piastri. But Kev probably deserves this one.
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wanna say Ferrari for promising a blue car and delivering the traditional red car with hints of blue.

Sargeant for being the only American racer in an American race and being the only DNF.

Mags for all his penalties and earning the wrong kind of points.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

1 K-mag. Yes he caused the Safety car that brought so much joy to almost everyone (barring Logan) but seriously though. So many penalties over 1 weekend. If this continues Olly Bearman will be back in f1 earlier than expected.

2. Carlos Sainz. The incidents with Piastri were questionable at best. The whinging reminded me of a certain HRH who is taking his seat. Hints for the future...
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
mario

Post by mario »

Londoner wrote: 05 May 2024, 21:34 1. Kevin Magnussen. Finally, Pastor Maldonado's record of most penalties in one race weekend is broken. Absolutely epic, he'll go far in this sport. :facepalm:

2. Sergio Perez. Nearly committed the cardinal sin and achieved the square root of sod-all today.
It seems that we're probably going to be spoilt for choices this weekend.

Magnussen is a magnet for penalties right now, Ricciardo was anonymous and Albon was lacklustre as well. As for Perez, some have said he has a tendency to do well in the early part of the season when contracts are being discussed, but tends to go off the boil after that point.

I'd even argue that perhaps Aston Martin could be nominated here - whilst Alonso did manage to get into the points, they were off the pace compared to their performances over the past couple of races.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
dj_vicious

Post by dj_vicious »

1: Kevin Magnussen. What was he doing all weekend? Why is he even in F1?

2: Logan Sargeant. If there was any final thread of hope for his F1 career, it has vanished now.
IceG

Post by IceG »

Driver: Magnussen for the full bouquet of penalties

Team: Mercedes - neither driver looked like they were trying
Aston Martin for just underperforming their investment
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

1. The Safety Car - I have never seen that before, Norris had the pace but that was an ultimate gift

2. Kevin Magnussen - driving like it was an online open lobby race
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Has to be K-Mag for me as his massive penalty collection was the kind of comedic things this award was designed for :)
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Kevin Magnussen: Absolutely useless and a nuisance all week. Should get a race ban at this rate (but they'll stop giving him the penalty points, I guess).
tBone

Post by tBone »

Magnussen for reasons already mentioned.

DHM: Zak Brown for allowing Donald Trump's campaigning with his team.
YOUR
LOGO

Here
Batty

Post by Batty »

KMag easy. 1 minute worth of penalties. Pure rejectfulness.

Anyone nominating Logan is harsh when he got punted off by Magnussen. I wanna hear the proper rationale for Sargeant cause like cmon.
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

1. Magnussen: WHAT… in God’s name was that performance all weekend

2. Albon for that mess up, which could’ve xaused a second Safety Car
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

1. K-Mag. One of the deadbeats I alluded to a while back.
2. Carlos. That Australian win has made him feel important.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Reject of the Weekend: Kevin Magnussen: Yes it was one of those weekends so bad I wheel out my own Reject of the weekend segment. Magnussen produced probably the worst driving standards I’ve seen since the glory days of Grosjean and Maldonado. As much as I loved what he did to Hamilton for most of the Sprint the novelty factor of it wore off when he started cutting the chicanes, that’s when I started wondering if he was really at the real Miami GP or playing virtual esports. In the race itself he punted Sargeant out in a move that was never on and when Sargeant was actually performing reasonably well for once. As mentioned the ton of penalties he picked up broke Maldonado’s record.

Oliver Bearman should be getting a Haas seat next year and even with Hulkenberg now off to Sauber I wouldn’t be keeping Magnussen alongside him even for experience reasons because he’s been a liability for most of the last year and a bit. Haas need to start afresh with the line up for 2025

Reject of the Race Nominees

Sergio Perez: Most lightheartedly joked he almost made the race interesting with his kamikaze dive at the first corner, Me? I just shook my head at the fact he’s seemingly learned absolutely nothing from Mexico last year. After that he did nothing even with a 2nd stop and fresher tires and was shadowed home all the way by 2024-spec Lewis Hamilton to scrape a lucky 4th after Sainz was penalized.

Aston Martin: Slow and anonymous, what has happened since Canada last year? Lawrence Stroll must be wondering what he’s getting for his investment. Had Alonso not profited from the Safety Car chances are they wouldn’t have scored

Ricciardo’s Grand Prix performance: After the wonderful Sprint performance it was back to 2022-spec Ricciardo from main qualifying onwards where he got knocked out in Q1. He and Tsunoda both benefited from being able to make their sole stop under SC yet Yuki converted it into another fine 7th place while Daniel used it to toil around to an eventual 16th place.

Ferrari Livery: Teased a genuinely exciting livery complete with the race suits only to deliver another pretty “meh” livery
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

K-Mag - Dude it was kinda funny the first time in Saudi. Now? Just no. You are the reason Hinchcliffe takes potshots on Indycar coverage about the races "devolving to the level of F1 driving standards."

Ferrari - You literally just had to do a NART livery. That's it. HP's colors are even blue and white.

Race Control - Literally proves Alonso right by penalizing a Spainard for....well not much really.

Williams - Beaten on track by Alpine. Claim they never talk about driver contracts.....unless its reminding people Albon has a contract for next year. Question now is can they score any points this season? Without a miracle, probably not.

Hinch and Ruth Buscomb in the booth on Saturday - Get a room you two. That was a bit over the top.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

1. K-Mag

No second entry, because Magnussen's performance in this category was so much ahead of everyone else.
Jarvis

Post by Jarvis »

Kevin Magnussen: How can you get so many penalties in an F1 race?

Logan Sargeant: He once again failed to impress.
My F1 Favorites: Fav Track | Fav Driver | Fav App
Row Man Gross-Gene

On Logan, I thought it was pretty clear the crash wasn't his fault? Did I miss something post-race showing that it was his fault?
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Row Man Gross-Gene wrote: 10 May 2024, 20:06 On Logan, I thought it was pretty clear the crash wasn't his fault? Did I miss something post-race showing that it was his fault?
For me, it was more just the irony that the first (only?) DNF in a race in the USA was the only American driver.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Row Man Gross-Gene

dr-baker wrote: 10 May 2024, 20:41
Row Man Gross-Gene wrote: 10 May 2024, 20:06 On Logan, I thought it was pretty clear the crash wasn't his fault? Did I miss something post-race showing that it was his fault?
For me, it was more just the irony that the first (only?) DNF in a race in the USA was the only American driver.
Fair enough, there is precedent for such a rotr to be awarded. Still, it has to be Kev.

-Jamie McGregor

Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

K-Mag, just what an increasingly underfire Logan Sargeant needed in his home GP! NOT!