Lance Stroll
47%
Logan Sargeant
18%

Total votes: 17

TomPryce

2024 Japanese GP ROTR

Post by TomPryce »

Danny Ric - I know it was probably a racing incident but he needed a clean race and this was not it.

Lance Stroll - I giggled when his petulant little boy voice came out when complaining about his straight line speed when Alonso was doing so well 😂
Remembering a Welsh sporting hero. Pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
Batty

Re: 2024 Japanese GP ROTR

Post by Batty »

Logan Sargeant - Was going well until whatever that was which had him causing yellow flags and having to reverse from the gravel.

Pierre Gasly - Basically the only thing he did all race was hit his teammate on the side. At least Ocon drove against others and reached Q2. Pierre basically did nothing actually good in comparison. Alpine really is a shite car.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Stroll shouldn't have been mired in amongst Haases and Saubers etc so probably should be him.

Danny Ric, Sargeant, Alpine (they looked like they were being passed left, right and centre every time we saw them) and Hamilton seemingly being very passive all the time all DHM's.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

1. Lance Stroll. The only top 5 car outside the points. Again its not a good look

2. Danny Ric. Yeah the crash was probably a racing incident but the pressure is now starting to build up. Lawson shadow is haunting him now...
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
IceG

Post by IceG »

(1) Logan Sergeant for that unforced error

(2) Lance Stroll for finishing out of the points in a Haas sandwich
Batty

Post by Batty »

My thing with Lance is that he had a good strategy until AM decided to pit him for softs with like 17 laps left (which wtf was that?). I think he could have been close to passing Tsunoda who didn't stop again. I questioned this on Discord during the race.

Like are we really going to give Gasly, Alpine or Logan a pass because of some crappy late strategy from AM?
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Logan Sargeant: Did himself no favors by crashing the repaired Australia chassis in first practice. Had an ok showing until he undid it all with that mistake at Denger curves. You simply can’t be making that many mistakes at this level

Pierre Gasly: I thought he got trounced by Ocon this weekend, Ocon made Q2 and looked like he might race some other cars with that heap he has to drive until Gasly hit him and damaged his car. This was up there with some of the terrible weekends he had in his last season with AlphaTauri

Lance Stroll: Alonso thrashing Stroll is not unexpected anymore but questions do need to be asked when you can’t get the car out of Q1 especially if a major upgrade has been brought to the weekend. The top 5 teams are well clear of the rest but you always know that if there’s one of those cars that can be beaten to the points on merit it’s Mr Stroll
Last edited by Alextrax52 on 07 Apr 2024, 20:17, edited 2 times in total.
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

Lance Stroll: Absolutely hopeless. A piss poor performance all weekend by every metric and his radio outburst doesn't hold up under any scrutiny when you look at where Alonso finished.

On that, Lance's never been high up in terms of talent kn the grid but there were times in Racing Point such as Turkey 2020 (a race he would have and should have won if not for floor damage) where he's shown that in low grip conditions he can mix it with the best.

The novelty has truly worn off now and I have to wonder why he bothers wasting his and everyone's time taking up a seat in Formula One. Surely he knows by now he is consistently one of the lowest performers on the and surely the businessman in Lawrence knows that his performances greatly hamper and handicap the team.

No one driver in the history of Formula One has consistently put in the mediocre performances for such longevity as Lance Stroll and it's really a shame considering the lack of space on the grid and the amount of talent waiting for to pick up and maximise the chance of a lifetime - which Lance squanders his own and others potential by letdown after letdown week in and weekout. There has to come a day where his F1 number is up and that day needs to be soon. Lance has had his chance in F1, and he does not deserve another.

Myself: First Japanese GP I've missed live in about two decades. Two alarms set between 6 and 5 am, but a house warming from 8-12 and watching Wrestlemania from 12-4 proved to be my undoing. Weak.
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Mclaren pitwall - bringing in Lando when they did threw away a genuine podium shot.

Sky Commentary - they made so many flubs today
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Daniel Ricciardo: Not really what he needed with his seat at risk. And another Williams wrecked. :glasses:
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Williams Grand Prix Engineering - Wrote off both sets of upgrades and may or may not have damaged another tub. while Alpine is just slow, Williams is farcical, and missed another chance for points at a (relatively) high attrition race. As an older fan, it hurts. But hey, at least they don't use Excel anymore.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Lawrence Strulovich Jr.: "GP2 engine, GP2, eh. Wait... what do you mean it's a Mercedes? It's not my buddy, guy. Eh."
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

Everyone except Red Bull - Back to normal....
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Reject of the Race is open for the Japanese Grand Prix! Vote via the poll at the top of this thread - you have 48 hours to do so. :dance:
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!