What things do you miss from older F1 races?

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Alextrax52

Re: What things do you miss from older F1 races?

Post by Alextrax52 »

I miss how harsh penalties for multiple infringements used to be. Speeding in the pitlane, jump starts and mechanics on the grid too long used to be a 10 second stop go penalty and crossing the white line at pit exit and unsafe releases used to cop a drive through penalty. They really used to punish drivers for things like that and usually meant you’d be out of contention for even a point.

Now drivers only get 5 or 10 seconds either added to their race time or serve it at pitstops and if your driving for Red Bull/Ferrari/Mercedes the worst that usually happens is you still get 8 points for 6th. I’d like to see the old penalties back and really make them work for it
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Thursday practice at Monaco
Just For One Day...
Jarvis

Post by Jarvis »

More competition among the top teams.
My F1 Favorites: Fav Track | Fav Driver | Fav App
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Murray Walker and Jackie Stewart in their respective commentary teams referring to every driver as "young" before their name. In late 1987, JYS is calling Rene Arnoux "the young Frenchman", despite Arnoux being 39 years old with ten years experience in the championship!
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!