April Fools thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
dr-baker

April Fools thread

Post by dr-baker »

We don't seem to have a thread for April Fools pranks, whether it be Autosport, FIA, the teams, drivers, or even ourselves on this forum.

So what have been some of your favourite from years gone by, or even the present?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Rob Dylan

Re: April Fools thread

Post by Rob Dylan »

There was an announcement many years back that Liberty Media were going to run Silverstone backwards as a way of increasing excitement about the race, with Ricciardo doing an interview explaining how he welcomes the change due to something regarding the electromagnetic field allowing drivers from the southern hemisphere better movement the other way round. It was bizarre but well rehearsed.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Rob Dylan wrote: 01 Apr 2023, 13:44 There was an announcement many years back that Liberty Media were going to run Silverstone backwards as a way of increasing excitement about the race, with Ricciardo doing an interview explaining how he welcomes the change due to something regarding the electromagnetic field allowing drivers from the southern hemisphere better movement the other way round. It was bizarre but well rehearsed.
I remember this being a serious discussion in 2020 (racing Silverstone in reverse) as people considered how to host races without too much travel. However, the reconfiguration of the walls and Marshall posts etc was too much.

watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I've only just spotted this one, but the Formula E website ran a story about racing the London EPrix underwater.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Barbazza wrote: 01 Apr 2023, 20:09 I've only just spotted this one, but the Formula E website ran a story about racing the London EPrix underwater.
To parody Busted, I’ve been to the year 3000, not much has changed, but they race underwater…
MCard LOLA
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

dr-baker wrote: 01 Apr 2023, 20:21
Barbazza wrote: 01 Apr 2023, 20:09 I've only just spotted this one, but the Formula E website ran a story about racing the London EPrix underwater.
To parody Busted, I’ve been to the year 3000, not much has changed, but they race underwater…
Still waiting for that legendary seventh album of Busted to come out :D
I don't know what i want and i want it now!