Women in motorsport

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
dr-baker

Re: Women in motorsport

Post by dr-baker »

Faustus wrote:Mate! I was there as well. I hadn't planned to go but I ended going on sunday.
Had to insult a couple of twats that thought it was funny to make fun of Miki Koyama, who kept spinning.

If they had been following the season at all, they would have known she was a competent driver. I always have the impression of her qualifying poorly but charging through the field and finishing higher than qualifying. Plus, if they knew the driver selection process, they would know that even the reserve drivers are not slouches. I bet any W Series driver would whip those spectators' arses.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/ten ... 03316.html
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

GPRejects forum was ahead of the time as we had women's series already years ago.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Bleu wrote:GPRejects forum was ahead of the time as we had women's series already years ago.

Yes, thanks to both dinizintheoven and Turbogirl!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
LadyMarussia295

Post by LadyMarussia295 »

Koyama didn't look that bad... not front runner level, but she did some good racing. Not on that race maybe, but during the rest of the season.
Life runs fast, unless you're driving it.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

So after less than 3 full seasons, looks like the writing is almost on the wall for W Series. If they don't find the money to replace a dodgy sponsor, Singapore will be the last round for the series.

Did better than: Premier 1 Grand Prix

Did worse than: A1GP, Superleague Formula, Formula E

So far unknown comparison: Extreme.E
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

MCard LOLA
Row Man Gross-Gene

Post by Row Man Gross-Gene »

dr-baker wrote: 31 Jan 2023, 20:49
Heavy sigh. I guess we still have a foot in that old world. Hopefully it will be dead soon.
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
mario

Post by mario »

Row Man Gross-Gene wrote: 02 Feb 2023, 18:59
dr-baker wrote: 31 Jan 2023, 20:49
Heavy sigh. I guess we still have a foot in that old world. Hopefully it will be dead soon.
As noted by some who have commented about that article on Twitter, what is already a fairly unpleasant article becomes more uncomfortable when you realise that the youngest driver in the W Series - Juju Noda - has only just turned 17: in some jurisdictions, Noda would not be above the age of legal consent for sexual relations.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... J08XH.html

The entry list for the all-female F1 Academy series has been published, and I am not familiar with all of the drivers.

Campos Racing

Nerea Marti - #1
Lola Lovinfosse - #2
Maite Caceres - #3

MP Motorsport

Hamda Al Qubaisi - #4
Emely de Heus - #5
Amna Al Qubaisi - #6

ART Grand Prix

Lena Buhler - #7
Carrie Schreiner - #8
Chloe Grant - #9

Rodin Carlin

Abbi Pulling - #10
Jessica Edgar - #11
Megan Gilkes - #12

PREMA Racing

Chloe Chong - #14
Marta Garcia - #15
Bianca Bustamante - #16

I recognise those who have been in W Series, and Al Qasibi, but I don't know any others. I suppose not having Jamie Chadwick competing will reduce the comparisons with its predecessor series.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Interesting that there was no TV coverage earlier in the history of F1 Academy, but there is now on Sky Sports F1 in time for the final weekend in Austin.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

For the recent International Women’s Day, Autosport compiled a list of top 10 female drivers of all time, based purely on results and not being first, or being influential, or anything of that ilk. Link here. So no Maria Teresa de Filippis or Susie Wolff, but also no triple W Series winning Jamie Chadwick. Maybe junior ranking series didn’t carry much weight, or maybe discounted as it was not eating any men?
MCard LOLA