ARWS 2023 - PRE-SEASON TESTING RESULTS

The place for current RWRS universe and "canon" historical series
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

ARWS 2023 - PRE-SEASON TESTING RESULTS

Post by Aerond »

After 2019, ARWS commissioner Daniel Prieto decided it was time to give the series a rest due to exhaustion. Now, the time is back!
ARWS returns to make a case that top class racing with classic V10 state of the art engines running at high revs can still be done, this time using synthetic green fuel to make the racing sustainable. A new gen of raging battles with the best drivers, cars and engine noise awaits!

Wiki overview: https://formularejects.com/wiki/2023_Au ... es_season
Last edited by Aerond on 30 Jan 2023, 08:01, edited 16 times in total.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: ARWS new gen - 2023 season - SIGNUPS OPEN

Post by Aerond »

For this new seasons, there'll be up to 20 team spots open, available on a first come first served basis.

To enter, simply post your team name, and nationality. If you miss on a spot, is not a problem as you'll go on a waiting list.

Proceedings;

STEP 1: STATE WHAT KIND OF CHASSIS (and possible extras) YOU WANT, WHICH TYRES, AND YOUR ENGINE BIDS (each engine manufacturer can supply a maximum of 6 teams). Every team starts with 1000 credits (you can go over the limit if you plan to run pay drivers)

Drivers:

Place your driver bids -when the time comes- (feel free to DM me over Discord extra drivers if I forgot anything). You can offer a driver more than 1 to 3 years contract; you can also bid over their stated salary (every offer under will be rejected); pay drivers will offer a random amount of 50 to 150 credits per year (after signing the contract and RNG on a year per year basis). If you fire a driver, you must pay the remaining salary in the contract. No salary will be given back. For Pay Drivers, you must pay the pay driver double of the contract.

DEC owners can state a preference for the destiny of their driver which can affect the RNG if there's more than one offer, but cannot ban their drivers from joining any team, or determine which team their driver go to.

Rest of the rules:

Will be clarified shortly
Last edited by Aerond on 24 Dec 2022, 16:50, edited 13 times in total.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

2023 SEASON PROVISIONAL CALENDAR - Dates TBD -

PRE-SEASON TESTING - Jerez -- 21st-23th February

1. Tim Tam's Australian GP - Adelaide Street Circuit -- 12th March
2. New South Wales GP - Mount Panorama Bathurst -- 19th March
3. Gran Premio Brahma do Brasil - Sao Paulo Street Circuit -- 9th April
4. South African GP - Aldo Scribante -- 23rd April
5. ARWS Indy 500 km - Indianapolis Speedway -- 7th May
6. Dominion Bank GP of Toronto - Toronto Exhibition Place -- 14th May
7. Automobile Club de Monaco GP -- 28th May
8. Thomas de Bock Memorial GP - Spa-Francorchamps -- 11th June
9. Großer Preis von Franken by Brose - Norisring -- 25th June
10. Scania Scandinavian GP - Ås Fartway -- 9th July
11. Czech Grand Prix - Brno -- 23rd July
12. Gran Premio Movistar de España - Valencia Street Circuit -- 3rd September
13. Barilla Gran Premio D'Italia - Autodromo Nazionale di Monza -- 10th September
14. Tetley's GP of Britain - Brands Hatch -- 24th September
15. KFC Indonesian GP - Sentul -- 15th October
16. Petronas GP of Malaysia - Sepang -- 22nd October
17. NTT. Docomo Japanese GP - Fuji Speedway -- 5th November
18. Macau Grand Prix - Guia Circuit -- 19th November
Last edited by Aerond on 14 Dec 2022, 14:17, edited 11 times in total.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Well, let's try this.

Team Name: MarchSixteen Racing
Nationality: Austria
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Team Name: Equipe Gauthier
Nationality: France
Last edited by Pinkd56 on 14 Dec 2022, 22:59, edited 1 time in total.
Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

I'd also like to run a team. I haven't got an idea yet (I'd additionally be happy to take an existing team if wanted) so I'll sort that out later this week.
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Czechmate Motorsport would like to apply for an entry on the 2023 grid.
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Team: Jones Couteau Racing Team
Nationality: British
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Forti
Location: The Pacific time zone, the most rejectful time zone of them all

Post by Forti »

I'd like to join. My team is run by my retired driver Bert Anzungolst (who will not be able to be hired for a drive).

Team Name: TBA (Team Bert Anzungolst, races under an Austrian license)
Aislabie wrote: Oh that's another thing, if you hang around with us it will completely reshape your perception of Mario as a character.
It would be funny if FortiWinks returned from his absence only to find out that I'm the Forti in town now.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

If tommy doesn't continue Gillet, i'd gladly take over the team.

If he does continue, Redfox (formerly RonDen) would like to buy another already existing team, for the sake of continuity.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

As MinardiFan appears to have disappeared from the site, I would be interested in taking over Simpson Motorsports.

Regardless, I intend to run Emma Kickert in one of the cars, and have agreed with Ataxia to take over her DEC from now on.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Blokkmonsta will return:

Name: Blokkmonsta Motorsport (Still looking for a title sponsor!)
Nationality: German
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
NickyDustyOwl

Post by NickyDustyOwl »

Team Name: Challenger Grand Prix
Nationality: American
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I would like to bring Foxdale Auto Racing Team, from the Isle of Man, back to this series, jointly run by siblings Pippa and Douglas Mann.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Daniel Prieto said:

Selling the business to those australian c*nts was a big buttplug mistake. I should have kept running the business as usual and none of the events of 2020 would have happened. Well, here we are again, ready to give F1 and their hydrogen cars with speakers a run for their money. Bring your earplugs!
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Team Name: Calinetic Lotto Racing
Nationality: Jamaican/Belgian
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Wooo, yet another ARWS comeback that ain't happening. Bentley Team Kahama (GBR) is in.
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Dom_Wings wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 23:02 Czechmate Motorsport would like to apply for an entry on the 2023 grid.
The team intends to run in a partnership with an already existing ARWS team. Watch this space!
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

I would like to revive Euromotor for the ARWS revival. :deletraz:
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Kjellerup Racing will return for the new era of ARWS
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Sir Richard Branston is moving on and up from GPR Cards and into ARWS! Enter Dial-Up Racing!
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Spot 17 reserved for Wazzle -- TBD
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Having bought whatever assets MRT did not need in their transition to F1 as BMW's factory team (along with some technical assistance), Bryan Taylor Racing (AUS) will make the step up from F5000/F2 to the big leagues of ARWS
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

bathplug it, it's about time I returned to the ASMF :D

After nearly a decade on the sidelines, old Richie White has decided to revive Shock of the Lightning Motorsports under a new trading name. :deletraz:

Team: Pretty Green Motorsports
Nationality: British
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Scuderia Adriatica (ITA) should not miss this opportunity.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

If sponsors can just be made up, then I shall make up that Vodafone are our primary sponsor. We will be known as Vodafone Dial-Up Racing.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

BORC will attempt to enter ARWS, using the assets of the former Mediterranean Motorsports concern acquired in early 2020
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

RejectFans.net wrote: Simpson confirms sponsor, driver

Image Image
Simpson, and rookie driver Emma Kickert, will race in the silver and orange of Jetstar this year.

Long-standing ARWS team Simpson Motorsports has today announced a title sponsorship agreement with Jetstar, the "value-based" subsidiary airline of Qantas, and will compete as Simpson Jetstar Motorsport for the coming season. They also unveiled one of their drivers, rookie Emma Kickert who has previously competed in both main ARWS feeder series, and more recently in Super Formula in Japan. Sources close to the team suggest that Kickert's announcement as a race driver has come before receiving approval from the series organisers that she will be allowed to race.

Simpson's prospects for 2023 are hard to guess at [...]

*snip*
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: ARWS new gen - 2023 season - ENTRY LIST FULL

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Auto Motor und Sport wrote:snippet, title is missing

..."We don't know who is even running the show at Leipzig, let alone who is bringing the checks in." spoke John Lindt, Blokkmonsta's public relations director, in a leaked video call. "Can we even fund our GTSS team???"

"We need to cut this failure lose. I've been calling potential buyers, hoping one may bite." It is unclear who Blokkmonsta may sell their AutoGP operation to at this time, or if a title sponsor may come in to save the sinking outfit and all the jobs at Pfaffenhausen.

RUF again declined to comment on the termination of their partnership with Blokkmonsta, though their spokesperson clarified...

end of snippet
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Sport.cz wrote:Czechmate Motorsport confirms title sponsor, hints at driver line-up

Earlier this week, the motorsport community in the Czech Republic celebrated as Martin Moravec confirmed that his team, Czechmate Motorsport, would be entering the resurrected AutoReject World Series for the 2023 season. Indeed, no Czech team and even driver has competed in the series to date; Moravec is also hoping to add a Czech driver to the line-up. The most obvious suggestion would be Czechmate's GTSS driver Jiri Komarek, who has got experience in AutoReject 3.5, however some rumours also hint at the possibility of the team signing fellow Czech team Charouz Racing System's F2 driver Vaclav Malsyz (who was supposed to drive for the team in the 2021 Auto2 season).

Czechmate Motorsport has unveiled their title sponsor for 2023, that being Telefonica's subsidiary O2 Czech Republic. O2 is the second-most popular mobile phone operator in the country, and as one of the sponsors for Czechmate's GTSS program, it seemed like a logical decision. The team will henceforth participate as O2 Czechmate Motorsport for the upcoming season.
NickyDustyOwl

Post by NickyDustyOwl »

(I'll learn fancy stuff later)

Challenger Grand Prix announces their title sponsor: AutoNation
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

ARWS approves new pre-qualifying rules for the 2023 season

In a meeting this morning, the ARWS commission announced new pre-qualifying rules , with an exciting pre-qualifying format that will go far beyond the two 15 minute sessions from the past.

In this new format, 10 teams will face on Friday two 15 minutes qualifying sessions, followed by a sprint race of 25% the distance of a normal race. Then, the positions from this race will be combined between the two drivers of each team, with the best 4 teams going through. Shall a driver retire, the driver will be classified according to the moment of retirement, so first lap shunts could have a significant impact in a teams fortunes over the rest of the weekend.

Half of the grid, that is, 10 teams, will be required to go through Pre-Qualifying for a period of 6 races, the teams being drawn at the beginning of the year as the series reboots, then being decided by the constructor championship positions at the end of each 6 races period.

It has also been decided that the main weekend will keep the old format of two 15 minute qualifying sessions followed by a 320 km race on Sunday, except for the round at Indianapolis
Last edited by Aerond on 15 Dec 2022, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Auto Motor und Sport wrote: MarchSixteen announces major sponsor deal

After their recent approval for an entry into the 2023 ARWS season, the MarchSixteen Group revealed a new strategic sponsorship deal with the Austrian OMV Group. The oil company is heavily invested into synthetic fuel production, which is a major component of the ARWS re-boot, and therefore offers more than just a sticker on the car, says MarchSixteen CEO Toto Wolff: "A strategic partnership is what can give us a competitive advantage, and you need every help you can get to compete at a level as high as it is in ARWS. Obviously it helps that they are an Austrian company as well."

A multi-year deal, which will also expand to all other MarchSixteen racing teams in one way or another, starting in 2023 is what the official press release says. Wolff hinted, that it is over a period of at least 5 years.

Given the recent expansions of the MarchSixteen Group, which makes most of their money in the investment capital market, this partnership appears to give the racing operation side of things a bit more independence and a better foundation to work with for the coming years. Recently promoted MarchSixteen Motorsport consultant Günther Steiner thinks: "this will give the whole operation some more room to breath and grow, to become a staple in the motorsport sector."
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

JCR Press Team wrote:Jones Couteau Racing announces title partnership with Samsung

South Korean electronics giant joins British squad on multi-year deal

Electronics giant Samsung has joined Jones Couteau Racing as a title sponsor for its AutoReject World Series team for 2023 and beyond, marking a fruitful relationship between the two teams.

The multinational corporation based in South Korea will have a visible presence on the Jones Couteau Racing 2023 car to signify the intent of the partnership between the two entities, which will involve a technology tie-up across both brands' various products.

In deference to this new partnership, the team will go racing as Samsung Jones Couteau Racing.

"We are delighted to commence our relationship with Samsung for the foreseeable future," says Team Principal and CEO Jacques Couteau. "With Samsung, we have one of the biggest technology and electronics giants in our corner, and this underlines the prestige and the commitment of the Jones Couteau Racing team to engineering excellence."

Samsung joins our excellent portfolio of partners at the team, with Spanish clothing giant Inditex already joining - represented by its Pull&Bear and Zara brands - as the Official Clothing Partner of Samsung Jones Couteau Racing. Automotive marketplace Cazoo has joined the team as our Official Car Retailer Partner, while the likes of 3M, Brembo, Northgate and Castrol continue with us having been key partners of the Jones Racing Group.

Couteau Brands will also continue its partnership with the team; café chain Jacques & The Beanstalk is our Official Coffee Partner, while Couteau Black Label remains as the Official Suitwear Tailor. New digital asset start-up Couteauken is our Official Cryptocurrency Partner.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Foxdale Auto RacingTeam wrote: Press Release

Foxdale Auto Racing Team would like to announce that they have confirmed a title sponsorship deal with The Isle of Man Bank. This is a joint deal with The Isle of Man Tourism Board to draw more awareness to the team's homeland and to increase trade and tourism with Britain, Ireland, Europe and the rest of the world.

In some territories, the title sponsorship may revert to parent company NatWest International, and in testing, the bank's credit card partner MasterCard will be prominently displayed.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

We have some high-profile names up our sleeves.

sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

Generic Z-List Media Source wrote:New ARWS Team Launches

The new 2023 ARWS season is building up, and one team has claimed an entry which was unknown. Until now, when this new team made its official launch. It had a model open wheel car in a black paint scheme with the logos of the team's title sponsor - with Rich Energy CEO William Storey and Racing Point Team Principal Matthew "Matt" Spinotto announcing the creation of the Rich Energy Racing Point ARWS Team.

Storey in his role talked at length about how great his drink was and how fantastic the team is going to be, throwing in a few jibes at F1 to boot. Spinotto meanwhile clarified a few details, revealing that the team will be known as Rich Racing in the Constructor's Championship, and their first chassis will be known as the WJS-23. He then went on to state that the team had a "grand master plan" that would "immediately propel them to the top of the sport" and that he was merely waiting to "spin into action".

He also clarified that the team would race under a British licence and that they had additionally acquired sponsorship deals from technology company ROKiT, chemicals company Ineos and tobacco company British American Tobacco, through which the team will advertise the company's A Better Tomorrow initiative.

No other deals have been announced so far, so we wait for further update on the team's plans.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Hereby Redfox confirms they will run Ecurie Gillet, from the pre-existing base.
Some major sponsors remain, like Proximus, Belfius whilst we got a new deal with Engie to make sure energy prices remain high. Ab Inbev will promote whichever of their beer brands sells best in each country they race in.
Redfox will bring Octan sponsorship to the table and Fabrique Nationale and TNT will also help as logistic partners.

Despite Redfox running the team, the car will not be red, but purple and blue. The drivers helmets will have fox ears though, as an innovative aerodynamic revolution.

We also confirm Lamberigts as reserve driver, negiotations with other drivers are ongoing but those with Belgian nationality are heavily favoured.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

novitopoli wrote: 20 Dec 2022, 21:35 We have some high-profile names up our sleeves.
I wanna see how all that fits in a GP2 livery :deletraz: