The most anonymous F1 stints

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Har1MAS1415

Re: The most anonymous F1 stints

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote: 29 Nov 2022, 22:33
dr-baker wrote: 29 Nov 2022, 22:00
Har1MAS1415 wrote: 29 Nov 2022, 20:29 For the time being, Mick Schumacher, all anyone will remember him for is being Michael's son.
Or perhaps Ralf's nephew?
I’d agree with the latter given he drove most of 2022 like Ralf’s final season with Toyota
Least he managed to break his points duck this year. His battle with Max at Silverstone might spare him some anonymity but not much.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Maybe I haven't taken my brain medicine tonight, but was Ralf really that bad in 2007? I rewatched the season a few years ago and remember more that he was anonymous and had a kind of crappy season compared to his earlier Toyota years and to Trulli. But I've never understood why specifically Ralf 07 has gone down in GPR lore as an all-time dud season. Perhaps someone can refresh my memory.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Rob Dylan wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 20:49 Maybe I haven't taken my brain medicine tonight, but was Ralf really that bad in 2007? I rewatched the season a few years ago and remember more that he was anonymous and had a kind of crappy season compared to his earlier Toyota years and to Trulli. But I've never understood why specifically Ralf 07 has gone down in GPR lore as an all-time dud season. Perhaps someone can refresh my memory.
I believe that the old F1 Rejects masters ranked Ralf bottom of the drivers who at the very least did half a season. The undoubted low point was when he qualified 20th and finished 16th at Monaco having run 22nd and last on merit in the early stages. The only half good race I remember him having was Hungary where he qualified 5th and finished 6th. He was also involved in incidents with Wurz in Spain, Heidfeld in Germany, Yamamoto in Japan qualifying and finally he wasted a 6th grid slot in China by spinning twice with the 2nd of those causing retirement.

That’s what I can remember
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I don't remember Trulli really doing anything either in '07 though so maybe it was just an all-round bad year for Toyota? I mean both Trulli and Glock got some podiums in their lasty 2 years, Glock would always be remembered for Brazil and they had a few forays near the front then!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

Kazuki Nakajima, aside from running over his pit crew on debut.