Reject Liveries

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
dinizintheoven

Re: Reject Liveries

Post by dinizintheoven »

AndreaModa wrote:Gibernau had it on his Honda for a few years, lovely livery:

...the shiny blue reminds me of the 1991 Lambo, which has been discussed on another thread.

Earth calling Hispania! This is what your car should look like. And it's not as if Telefonica have a history of turning down the chance to sponsor back markers.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

dinizintheoven wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:Gibernau had it on his Honda for a few years, lovely livery:

...the shiny blue reminds me of the 1991 Lambo, which has been discussed on another thread.

Earth calling Hispania! This is what your car should look like. And it's not as if Telefonica have a history of turning down the chance to sponsor back markers.

I believe they stopped sponsoring Minardi because they were backmarkers and didn't got much exposure. A change at the top of the company, when Juan Villalonga (yes, the same one who is currently working for Hispania) was replaced, probably had an impact on the decision as well.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

From my point of view, all of the Minardi liveries weren't bad, but weren't a state-of-the-art as well!
I loved all the liveries from the 1980s and 1990s, but then, in 2001, PS01 appeared - and it was just ugly:
It is still painful to watch, mostly because of it's dullness. What is more, when Magnum sponsorship appeared, it looked like a bloody mess.
My all-time favourite is of course lime (not lame) Minardi M02 with Telefonica sponsorship all over.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

These liveries (and maybe the cars) are rare and rejectful. I found it in the Japanese SD F1 car site...

Zakspeed 841 prototype livery.

Zakspeed 901, a lost Zakspeed F1 car. Anyone can describe this? :?

No idea if this the correct thread... :oops:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

FMecha wrote:Image

I'd describe it as a 1990 EuroBrun. Same colours, same number, but with a Yamaha logo crudely stuck on.
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

dinizintheoven wrote:
FMecha wrote:Image

I'd describe it as a 1990 EuroBrun. Same colours, same number, but with a Yamaha logo crudely stuck on.

But I see a Sonax and Castrol logo. So that can't be fake as neither sponsor are found in '90 EuroBrun. :roll:
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Shouldn't this thread be in the Deletraz forum.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

FMecha wrote:These liveries (and maybe the cars) are rare and rejectful. I found it in the Japanese SD F1 car site...

Zakspeed 841 prototype livery.

No idea if this the correct thread... :oops:

Where did those guys find this? I like the first one...

I'm moving this thread, BTW.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

FMecha wrote:But I see a Sonax and Castrol logo. So that can't be fake as neither sponsor are found in '90 EuroBrun. :roll:

Both of which are equally crudely welded on so the colours don't match, and the top right corner is encroaching on the outline.

I will at least admit it's a different shape to the EuroBrun ER189B that's also drawn on the pupukids.com website where this all comes from, but the inescapable fact that of the 15 hits that Google gives me for "Zakspeed 901", all of them are from Japan and 13 of them are pupukids.com pages for the other Zakspeed cars and indices, leads me to believe that this car is a complete fabrication that only exists in the mind of whoever drew these cartoons - much the same as all those cars I've designed for F1RMGP, as well as equivalent cars in F1RWRS and other series. If the Zakspeed 901 car was even conceived in the mind of the team's designers, I'm sure that it would have found its way into one of the lengthy essays on 8W - I'm sure there's something on there about the AGS JH26, for instance, which never made it past the model stage.

I've tested my own theory above, and you can, too: put "AGS JH30" into Google and see what it turns up. Ditto "Monteverdi ORE-5", "EuroBrun ER213", "Simtek S131"...
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

Here's a photo of the Zakspeed test livery in real life:
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

It looks really bulky.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

dinizintheoven wrote:
FMecha wrote:But I see a Sonax and Castrol logo. So that can't be fake as neither sponsor are found in '90 EuroBrun. :roll:

Both of which are equally crudely welded on so the colours don't match, and the top right corner is encroaching on the outline.

I will at least admit it's a different shape to the EuroBrun ER189B that's also drawn on the pupukids.com website where this all comes from, but the inescapable fact that of the 15 hits that Google gives me for "Zakspeed 901", all of them are from Japan and 13 of them are pupukids.com pages for the other Zakspeed cars and indices, leads me to believe that this car is a complete fabrication that only exists in the mind of whoever drew these cartoons - much the same as all those cars I've designed for F1RMGP, as well as equivalent cars in F1RWRS and other series. If the Zakspeed 901 car was even conceived in the mind of the team's designers, I'm sure that it would have found its way into one of the lengthy essays on 8W - I'm sure there's something on there about the AGS JH26, for instance, which never made it past the model stage.

I've tested my own theory above, and you can, too: put "AGS JH30" into Google and see what it turns up. Ditto "Monteverdi ORE-5", "EuroBrun ER213", "Simtek S131"...

Might you just mail the author? :?
And your last sentences seems to be an advertisement for F1RMGP.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

FMecha wrote:Might you just mail the author? :?

Something tells me SuperAguri might be in a better position to do that than me.

And your last sentences seems to be an advertisement for F1RMGP.

Not intentionally. That's what my latest signature's for. I could have proved the same point if I knew there were F1RWRS cars that had similar designations, but I'm unaware of there being any instances there of "what if this real-life reject team had carried on for another season?" - hence the AGS model number incremented beyond where it ever went in reality.

I'm just hoping I never have to do that for Williams...
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

This unraced Larrousse livery from 1994.