Formula E GP-RPG 2019/20 : Shocking The E-stablishment

The place for non-canon series, including all series that contain minimal or no references at all to the RWRS universe
Shawn040217

Formula E GP-RPG 2019/20 : Shocking The E-stablishment

Post by Shawn040217 »

Welcome, everyone, to a pet project of mine : a Formula E Series, starting from Season 6, which saw the arrival of two new manufacturers in Mercedes and Porsche. Which means, a prime opportunity for ya to take them to the very top or drown them into disappearance! The same applies for the other ten teams in the series - will you emerge as champs or fade into the ether in this second season of the Gen2 era?

How does this work?
Teams:
> Firstly, users will send 3 teams they want in desired order and a draft occurs to see which team players will get.
> We will be using the starting RL drivers from Season 6 before driver changes start to occur.
> Trading of money between teams is allowed, on the basis they are of the same powertrain manufacturer.

Speaking of which, the teams available for claiming in Season 6 are :
Audi Sport Abt Schaeffler
BMW I Andretti Autosport
DS Techeetah
Envision Virgin Racing
GEOX Dragon
Mahindra Racing
Mercedes EQ Formula E Team
Nissan e.dams
Panasonic Jaguar Racing
RoKit Venturi Racing
TAG Heuer Porsche Formula E

Drivers:
> Drivers can be signed to a team up to a maximum contract length of 3 years.
> Drivers can be signed on a full-time (FT) or part-time (PT) basis.
> You may attempt to try and sign drivers outside the Drivers list, though they may be less likely to accept.
> Should a driver signed outside the list be signed, they must go through prior approval from the FIA before they are allowed to race.
- PT drivers can be signed by a team for up to 7 rounds a season. Please specify the races you want said driver to take part in.
> For this, there is an Acclaim system that denotes the prestige/desirability of a paid driver.
- The higher the Acclaim Level, the higher the salary said driver is likely to demand.
- All salaries stated below are fixed/non-negotiable : you cannot offer a fee higher or lower than the stated amount.
- If you wish to hire PT drivers race-by-race, take the base PT Salary and divide by number of races you want them to compete in over the total amount of races.
> Should you opt to release a paid driver before contract expiration, 60% of the remaining contract salary is to be paid as a severance fee, along with the original salary.

> Not all drivers demand a salary : some drivers can bring money to a team.
- Paid drivers can also be asked to bring money, though the probability of signing may decrease.
- The higher the tier, the more money a driver may bring to a team.
- If you wish to hire PT paydrivers race-by-race, take the PT Salary (tier is determined via RNG) and divide by number of races you want them to compete in.
- If you opt to release a paydriver before contract expiration, no severance fee is to be paid - only the money for the remaining races is lost.
> During driver resigning, teams can attempt to retain their own drivers first - whether they accept or not is determined via RNG.
- Drivers who are released will automatically enter Free Agency.
- Then, anyone can attempt to sign said drivers. Should multiple teams bid for one driver, it will be determined by RNG or driver preference.

> Driver ratings will vary based on performance and IRL development.
- All drivers have a chance of retiring/leaving the sport at the end of the season. The likelihood of this is based on age, irl retirement date, and in rare cases other factors such as F1 or IndyCar.
- There's also the probability for drivers to unretire.

Powertrain Manufacturers:
- Powertrains can be sold to a maximum of one customer team.
- Supplements of powertrains to customer teams can only be done with prior approval from the manufacturer.
- Customer teams are unable to upgrade their powertrains individually throughout the season - that can only be done by the works teams.
- Customer teams can choose to switch manufacturers at a cost of $1000. Doing so results in a potential change in Team Rating between -3 and 3.
> At the end of each season, there will be a stage of powertrain development.
- Each team of the same manufacturer pays the same amount of money for one of 3 types of development, the prices which are linked in the spreadsheet below.

Finances/Race Winnings:
- Teams should be kept with a positive balance, or else they will go bankrupt.
- Highest-placed driver from a team receives the winnings for the team instead of all its drivers.

Loans:
- These are available in sums of $500, $2500, and $10000 only. You may take multiple loans at a time, but only one per type per season.
- $500 loan must be paid back the end of 2 seasons, $2,500 in 4 season, and $10,000 in 6 seasons.

Regulation Changes :
- At a random point, a regulation change may be decided to be implemented from the next season onwards, which will affect the Team Rating.
- The changes in the TR, which applies for all teams, ranges between -5 and 5.

Sponsors :
- Title sponsors can be signed to bolster team finances.
- The higher tier, the more money the sponsor can bring to a team.
- Sponsors can only be signed between seasons.
- Sponsors can be signed up to a maximum of 3 years.

Upgrades:
- Teams can invest in one of three development types at a time (which is given in the spreadsheet below) to improve their Team Rating.
- Upgrades can be done at two stages, at the midpoint of the season or between seasons.
- Costs for upgrades can be found in the Upgrades tab of the linked spreadsheet.

Speaking of the spreadsheet, which provides a more comprehensive rundown, it is linked down below here :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

So then, whaddaya say - time to electrify your opposition!!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Formula E GP-RPG 2019/20 : Shocking The E-stablishment

Post by Klon »

Alright, then.

My three prefered choices:
1) Nissan e-Dams
2) Panasonic Jaguar Racing
3) Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E Team
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Dragon please

All about the Jay Penske experience
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Going - partially - french (or close enough) in my choices:
Nissan e.dams
RoKit Venturi Racing
DS Techeetah
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

I respectfully request control of Audi.
Gegeolbi

Post by Gegeolbi »

I'd like to join and take control of any of these:

1. TAG Heuer Porsche Formula E
2. DS Techeetah
3. Mercedes EQ Formula E Team
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

My team hopes in order

Audi Sport Abt Schaeffler
Panasonic Jaguar Racing
RoKit Venturi Racing
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

I'll give this a whirl, why not. In order of preference, I'd prefer any of these boyos:

1. Nissan e.dams
2. Rokit Venturi Racing
3. Nio 333
TORA! TORA! TORA!
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

My preferences in order:

1. Envision Chad Racing
2. Mahindra Racing
3. DS Techeetah
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
DigitDan7

Post by DigitDan7 »

I'll be entering, with my team preferences being:
1) Nissan e.dams
2) Panasonic Jaguar Racing
3) GEOX Dragon
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Ok then, time for Alt-FE Team RNGs!
Time to sort the teams who were picked by only one applicant

Novitopoli has Envision Virgin, Gegeolbi has TAG Heuer Porsche
Now we carry on to most hotly-demanded teams, the first being Nissan e.dams.
1-3 Klon
4-6 Nessafox
7-9 Takagi
11-13 Digit
The magic number is.....4!
Nessa assumes control of the former champs!

The second squad in question is Panasonic Jaguar!!
1-2 Klon
3-4 Bleu
5-6 Digit
It will be....3!! Bleu has Jagss to feed.
With Bleu and Nessa having obtained teams, Takagi assumes control of Venturi!!

This also means GB claims Audi Sport Abt Schaeffler!!

In the process, Klon is able to claim Mercedes EQ!!

The last roll of Round 1 comes in the form of GEOX Dragon
1-3 Aisy
4 Digit
It will be.....1!
Aislabie has the goon squad!

This means DigitDan will have to apply for another team out of the remaining, being :
- DS Techeetah
- Mahindra Racing
- BMW I Andretti
- Nio 333

For Geogolbi and Bleu, ya are recommended to join the GPR Discord server linked here https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV, as there is where the races will be held.
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Update : Rounds 1 and 2 at Riyadh will be held this week!

I will also be the interim manager at BMW I Andretti for the time being.
DigitDan7

Post by DigitDan7 »

Sorry for my REALLY late response, but I'll be leading NIO 333 from now on.
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

2019 Ad Diriyah E-Prix Race 1 Quali Results

Seasoned veteran πŸ‡§πŸ‡· Lucas di Grassi starts off the season with a pole position to his name! Alongside him will be the Kiwi πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ Mitch Evans, who came on strong last season and will be looking to build on that in Season 6. Rookie πŸ‡³πŸ‡± Nyck de Vries, in Mercedes's first race as a works team, impressed to take P3, while πŸ‡¨πŸ‡­ Edoardo Mortara and πŸ‡§πŸ‡· Felipe Massa did well to get their cars into Superpole.

With that, all five lights are on.......
....and we go green in Diriyah!!
🟩

Di Grassi hashes the start, allowing Evans to easily outbrake him into T1.
Behind them, there's a bit of pandemonium, as Lotterer gets tipped sideways by Sam Bird through the T1-T3 complex, resulting in a half-spin in the midpack. All emerge unscathed.
After that, the race goes slightly dour as the lack of passing opportunities prove an issue - it's not until the first Attack Mode activations occur that we start to see some action.
de Vries and Mortara are among the first to commit and they start making up places back fairly rapidly.
di Grassi and Evans enter Attack Zone, just as the SC comes out!
🟨
it's Wehrlein, stranded just after the Esses with a driveshaft failure as his car is parked in an awkward spot, the clearup process takes quite a while

🟩
Evans pulls away from the #11 as Gunther gets a bit dicey with de Vries, and they both bang wheels through T18-T19. Thankfully, they both survive.
Di Grassi starts to close back up to the Jag after a few more laps, even brushing the T20 wall as he tries to hunt him down
Meanwhile, πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Sam Bird is making up solid ground from P11, and is right in the podium picture
His teammate πŸ‡³πŸ‡± Robin Frijns is also on the move too
One driver who has done the opposite tho is πŸ‡§πŸ‡· Felipe Massa - he's chewed through too much energy, and is losing places hand over fist after a good start
Lotterer, after that early incident sends it into T18, and the pair go side-by-side through T19
Massa, on the dirty side, loses control and pounds the T20 barriers!
at the same time, πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Oliver Rowland got too Rowlandy and side-swiped Alexander Sims, resulting in damaged suspension for the Nissan
🟨

🟩
di Grassi goes hell for leather and sends it on Evans into T18!!
he locks up, goes sideways, Mitch takes back the lead!
Gunther tries to pounce but the Audi holds him off!
there's a crash behind - Jean-Eric Vergne's clipped the inside of T5 bouching him off into the T6 wall
he limps it back to PL, no SC needed
With the chequered flag in sight, πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ Mitch Evans comes across the line and starts off Season 6 with victory at Riyadh!!

2019 Ad Diriyah E-Prix Race 1 Final Results