Driver Profile: Corrado Fabi

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Evening everyone

A few Formula 1 fans have heard of Teo Fabi, who was very much the 1980s version of Jarno Trulli, achieving poles and high grid placings in subpar machinery. Fewer still have heard of Teo's younger brother, who was once touted as a future Formula 1 star, but whose career foundered in the early 80s and ended abruptly after a family tragedy. Nevertheless, Corrado Fabi is an Osella legend and now he's the subject of our latest GPR Driver Profile!

Our profile maestro Rob Dylan has painted a vivid picture of the younger Fabi, through his glittering junior career, to his Osella stint and his last-gasp shot at F1 stardom with Brabham, which you can read right here today!

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dr-baker

Re: Driver Profile: Corrado Fabi

Post by dr-baker »

A very interesting and informative read. Thank you!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

Is this re-profiling of drivers from the old site going to become a regular thing?
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Thanks for this. I enjoyed reflecting again on the career of a guy I followed in F2 and thought was headed for F1 stardom. Oh well...
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...