The Lucas di Grassi Formula E Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
SammiRei

Re: The Lucas di Grassi Formula E Thread

Post by SammiRei »

dr-baker wrote:However, in the past few days, Mercedes have hinted that they may not remain in FE beyond next year for the Gen3 model of car, so there may actually be hope yet...

That's a little concerning, given both BMW and Audi have already pulled out citing a lack of further development opportunities from next year onwards.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Article on Autosport says that FE will start discussing Gen4 rules soon, and that nothing will be left off the table, including hydrogen fuel cell power trains. If they do this, I will be very enthusiastic. Wonder if that could lead to in race refuelling and therefore longer races if they go down that route? With a fuel limit, they could still insist on fuel saving if they insist on that as their USP.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Maserati to return to single seater racing at the start of the Gen3 rules for the first time since the 1950s, but not joining their then rivals Ferrari and Alfa Romeo in F1 again.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
SammiRei

Post by SammiRei »

McLaren have declared they want to take over from Mercedes from next year, and Abt Sport have said they're looking to come in as a customer team (possibly of Mahindra), so we should be back up to 12 teams next year (or 13 if Maserati aren't taking over another existing team).
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I feel like this will be the first season in which Sam Bird will not be a race winner. I hope to be proved wrong, but I fear that it will be very unlikely.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

The pre-race stuff ahead of both races in London features Jacks Jones and a dance crew, with the lights going down. Not a great working environment for the mechanics, engineers and drivers a few minutes before a race start. And first lap contact leading to DNFs seem to happen more frequently at the London Excel track than anywhere else. Probably just a coincidence, call it correlation rather than causation, but it cannot have helped.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dr-baker wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 12:09 I feel like this will be the first season in which Sam Bird will not be a race winner. I hope to be proved wrong, but I fear that it will be very unlikely.
It is now confirmed. He will have an operation on his broken hand and will therefore miss the final double header in Seoul, and will be replaced by Norman Nato.
MCard LOLA
SammiRei

Post by SammiRei »

I had front-row seats on the first corner to the Sunday E-Prix (round 14), and it was a really awesome experience. First time I've been to a race, and definitely planning on going again next year (originally had tickets for 2020, until Covid happened). Really sad for Sam Bird, I was hoping he'd maintain his winning streak, but alas, not to be.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Congrats to Stoffel Vandoorne for winning this year's Formula E Championship.

Now, I need to find out where I can get a Stoffel T-shirt.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."