1924 AIACR World Championship

The place for non-canon series, including all series that contain minimal or no references at all to the RWRS universe
Kinnikuniverse

Re: 1924 AIACR World Championship

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Let this be known to anyone here, at Monza. I, Nicola Romeo, founder and president of Alfa Romeo Automobiles S.p.A, am proud to announce that the Automobile championship of the world is coming back home to Italy! This historic win is made possible by all the hard work done by those brave and talented engineers and mechanics, as well as those sublime drivers, Signores Wagner, Bordino, our test driver signore Tazio Nuvolari, Signore DePalma back in America and, how could i forget? Signore Ascari right there!

Our job is far from done, as we still have the drivers championship of the world and the italian championship to add to our trophy cabinet. Nonetheless, my brothers and sisters, let us celebrate this historic achievement! Let us enjoy the celebrations of one of the greatest nights in the history of our great sport!

FRATELLI D'ITALIA

L'ITALIA, S'È DESTA!

-Nicola Romeo, about to get utterly shitfaced on endless amount of franciacorta, September 7th, 1924
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

I, Nicola Romeo, on behalf of Scuderia Alfa Corse and Alfa Romeo Automobiles S.p.A, dedicate the world championship to all our fallen compatriotes that tragically lost their lives this year: Signores Enzo ferrari, the brothers Alfieri and Bindo Maserati and, most heartwrenching of all, signore Antonio Ascari, who lost his life at the San Sebastian Grand Prix only a few weeks ago.

I will also dedicate this championship to every single employee at Alfa Romeo. The Engineers, who put their blood, sweat and tears building those wonderful machines back in our factories. To the Mechanics, who did a marvelous job of setting up our all-conquering P1s and, finally, to the drivers who risked their lives to make Alfa Romeo the epitome of excellence in our great sport of Motor Racing: Signore Bordino, Signore DePalma back in America, Signore Nuvolari, Signore Ascari, god rest his soul and, of course, our world champion, Monsieur Wagner!

On this night, the greatest in the sport's history, i will only say one thing:

Italia, my fatherland, the World Championship is yours!

FORZA ALFA! FORZA ITALIA!!

Yours truly.

Nicola Romeo.

girry

Post by girry »

Non championship race winners:
Gigi Platé - Alessandria, Junior Car Club
Raúl Riganti - Autodrome
Christian Werner - Eifelrennen
Albert Divo - Ouverture

Driver deaths:
Alfieri Maserati, Bindo Maserati, Enzo Ferrari: 17.4.1924, near Bermuda (Transatlantic boat went down)
Maria Antonietta d'Avanzo: 26.4.1924, Madonie Circuit Medio (crashed in practice for Targa Florio)
Howdy Wilcox: 14.6.1924, Kansas City Speedway (crashed in the AAA championship race)
Antonio Ascari: 24.9.1924, Circuito Lasarte (crashed during the San Sebastian GP)

Retirements due to crashes/injuries:
Giuseppe Morandi (Tigullo), Christian Lautenschlager (Eifelrennen)

Injuries extending the start of the 1925:
Jimmy Murphy: 15.9.1924, Syracuse (12 months)

1925 will begin in a few days.
when you're dead people start listening