Autosport mega Christmas quiz

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
mario

Re: Autosport mega Christmas quiz

Post by mario »

dr-baker wrote:So here is this year's traditional Autosport Christmas quiz offering.

I scored 22/50, which, apparently, is "not bad, but you could do better." Not given a breakdown between F1 and non-F1 questions this year, unfortunately . :(

I note that it seems to be using a similar system to that which the BBC were using on their F1 quiz - guess that somebody has decided that it is easier to use a third party system rather than shelling out for your own system.

Anyway, only 19 out of 50 there - I'll admit that, like quite a few others, there were a lot of guesses in there. I would be interested if it is the case, as is apparently quite common in multiple choice questionnaires, if the majority of the right answers were the middle answers - it did feel like that when I tried it.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

25 out of 50, mostly blind guesses but I am kicking myself for second guessing my initial feeling of the James Moffat question! I watch Supercars every round :oops:
Knows two facts about ducks and both of them are wrong
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Uh oh, 14! Should start watching more next year maybe :D
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
girry

Post by girry »

19, so slightly better than just blindly guessing...
when you're dead people start listening
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

27/50

but like with so many others, around 15 of them were more or less educated guesses. Although, like so many years before, I got all the WRC ones right which I'm very happy with :)
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Sign me up for Club 19, I don't think I could have done much better without cheating.
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

The annual Autosport seasonal Christmas quiz is linked to online here:
https://www.autosport.com/netw/news/147 ... stmas-quiz

Although I haven't taken it yet, because the questions were not loading up onto my Samsung phone...

EDIT: Done it now. 19/50.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

20/50...
Knows two facts about ducks and both of them are wrong
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

19/50.

But most of the questions are ridiculously hard factoids such as “how many laps did Quartararo lead this season? 71/72/73”, or worse...
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
mario

Post by mario »

novitopoli wrote:19/50.

But most of the questions are ridiculously hard factoids such as “how many laps did Quartararo lead this season? 71/72/73”, or worse...

I agree that those sorts of questions can be rather frustrating - I did get 20/50, but I'll admit that several answers I gave were somewhat lucky guesses because, in that sort of scenario, it's going to take a very serious study to know exactly how many laps he was leading for (even an avid MotoGP fan would probably get caught on that very easily by dint of how similar the numbers are).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Ducktanian

Post by Ducktanian »

I also got 20/50 aswell.
As well as getting a few lucky answers, i also got a few due to poor question design.
Murray Walker: "A lot of people here are really debating whether Ricardo Rosset is Formula 1 material"
Martin Brundle: "Well, it's a fairly short debate, Murray".
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

Yup, 20/50 for me as well.

Which I reckon is about the same as the number of adverts I had to get through to finish the quiz off ... :x
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

17/50

But yeah, that wasn't a very good quiz - could have chopped off 10 or so of the questions which were a bit silly with the answers being so similar. Half my answers were just guesses, which I somehow was very successful with!
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

So, my score on this year's quiz is.....

......non-existent because there isn't one. And I can't remember there being one last year either. So that's that I guess.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA