GPR's "Hey, look what I did but not on here!" thread.

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
AdrianBelmonte_

Re: GPR's "Hey, look what I did but not on here!" thread.

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:I'm gonna drop a future funk album this weekend under the moniker of D U R O W A V E (there's already a 4-track mixtape on bandcamp under the same name, you can search it but i advice, it sounds too sloppy)

Fun fact, i was preparing a full album under the same name, but i had a problem in my hdd and lost the tracks, then i just cba to remake them, maybe i go on again with that, but with different tracks, who knows, it depends on the amount of spare time i have
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

After some confusion and delay this week, I have finally had confirmation that I have now been awarded my third undergraduate degree with my best result yet, and with a professional qualification to boot! I am now a qualified nurse!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

dr-baker wrote:After some confusion and delay this week, I have finally had confirmation that I have now been awarded my third undergraduate degree with my best result yet, and with a professional qualification to boot! I am now a qualified nurse!

Whoop! Congrats doctor! ahem or should I say nurse baker? :D

To add to topic I host my own radio show for the past couple of months and have been really enjoying it! Also have been doing a screen and media course as well.
Knows two facts about ducks and both of them are wrong
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

FortiWinks wrote:
dr-baker wrote:After some confusion and delay this week, I have finally had confirmation that I have now been awarded my third undergraduate degree with my best result yet, and with a professional qualification to boot! I am now a qualified nurse!

Whoop! Congrats doctor! ahem or should I say Nurse Baker? :D

Nurse Baker BA, BSc, BSc!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Ooooooooooooh, matron! Put it away!
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:Ooooooooooooh, matron! Put it away!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uTi5DzMsK3c
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Serious thread bump, but there is a piece of work that my nursing colleagues, PBS colleagues and I have been working on over recent months that we are proud of. And a video has been made about it. Link is below. Please get your vaccines, even if not for yourself, your friends or your family, but for the vulnerable in society. At the end of my nursing career, this may well continue to be one of the most significant things that I will have been a part of. I am proud to be a learning disabilities nurse.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NH4TvZ0Vhys&pp=sAQA
MCard LOLA
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Another major thread bump but.......

I now own a Cosworth! A 1975 Chevrolet Cosworth Vega, more specifically. The brainchild of John Delorean, the "Cosworth Twin Cam" was going to accomplish several things. It was going to spice up the slumping (and wildly unpopular) Vega line, it was going to be America's answer to the new wave of European hot hatches eating into GM's market share, it was going to introduce the US to the future of automobiles, with its 16v DOHC all-aluminum I4 engine with EFI, and with a planned run of just 5000 individually numbered units a year, it was going to give Chevy a true halo car.

Of course, it accomplished literally none of those things. Many people did not understand the (for the time) insanely radical engine, and many garages and even dealerships couldn't work on them. They didn't understand why this option package could only be had in black and gold, owing to some funny little English "grand prix" team they had never heard of but that apparently was really good. But most importantly, aside from the engine and a beefier brake and suspension set-up, this car was just a Vega with all the Vegas (many) flaws, and so people didn't understand why after taxes and tags it was well over $6000 in 1975, (for a car that A/C, power steering, power brakes, and an automatic transmission were all unavailable for) when a "normal" Vega was barely $2100 fully loaded with all those options and more.

So instead of selling 5000 per year, GM quit after barely two model years ('75/'76) and an abysmal 3508 total Cosworths built. Note I say built. Some took years to sell, a few even hanging around dealerships until the early 1980s! But it's certainly cool as hell. The engine is a 2.0L inline-four. A four-valve per cylinder, DOHC semi-hemispherical combusted chambered head (designed by Keith Duckworth himself) sits atop a strengthened version of the Vega aluminum/silicon alloy block. The crank, rods, and valves are all forged stainless steel, with forged aluminum pistons and a higher compression ratio. A bespoke Bendix EFI system and ECU (making this the first GM production car ever with electronic fuel injection) and a racing header exhaust complete the package.

The numbers were.....ok. 112bhp at a staggering 5800rpm (with an 8k redline!) which sounds pretty blah, but remember, a 5.7L V8 Corvette only produced 148bhp in 1975. The car can do 0-60 in around 8 seconds with a decent driver. Top Speed of 122mph. The Cosworth, with its "Pulse Air" system and catalytic converter, was also meeting the tougher 1977/1978 US Emissions standards on the test bench back in 1974. The Cosworth Vega was the first GM car to be 50 state emissions certified in fact.

My cossie is #926 of 3508 (which due to a numbering error with cars 501-601 means it's actually #826 ever built) and has barely 40k miles on the odometer. Admittedly, 23+ years of sitting and neglect have pretty much ruined the paint, and it's missing several trim pieces and factory stickers, but it runs, it's a Cosworth, and it's mine.

https://imgur.com/a/kbVSfBC
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

MCard LOLA
Row Man Gross-Gene

Post by Row Man Gross-Gene »

dr-baker wrote: 21 Oct 2023, 12:03
Nice job doc! As we say, keep up the good work!
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Row Man Gross-Gene wrote: 23 Oct 2023, 23:19

Nice job doc! As we say, keep up the good work!
Thank you. It's nice to have got recognition just for going round doing your everyday job.
MCard LOLA