Alt-Mario Kart 1993: The Year of Prestige

The place for non-canon series, including all series that contain minimal or no references at all to the RWRS universe
User avatar
Frogfoot9013
Posts: 537
Joined: 11 Aug 2014, 12:25
Location: Connachta, Éire

Re: Alt-Mario Kart 1993: The Year of Prestige

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

Mario Mario shall spend eight tokens (x4 upgrades) on Engine; however, should two of the first three upgrade attempts be successful and thereby result in a Lv.10 Engine, the remaining tokens shall be redirected towards Tyre upgrades.
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
User avatar
Dom_Wings
Posts: 927
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 13:44
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Alt-Mario Kart 1993: The Year of Prestige

Post by Dom_Wings »

Wario will spend:

2 points on aero
1 point on grip
2 points on reliability
1 point on setup
2 points on qualifying
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
User avatar
Frogfoot9013
Posts: 537
Joined: 11 Aug 2014, 12:25
Location: Connachta, Éire

Re: Alt-Mario Kart 1993: The Year of Prestige

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

Mario Mario shall spend 8x tokens on Tyre upgrades (4 upgrades); however, should two of the first three succeed, the remainder are to be diverted to Engine upgrades.
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
User avatar
Rob Dylan
Posts: 2778
Joined: 18 May 2014, 15:34
Location: Andy Warhol's basement

Re: Alt-Mario Kart 1993: The Year of Prestige

Post by Rob Dylan »

I realise I didn't do a Flower Cup summary. Whoops!

1993 Flower Cup
Image

Yoshi had absolutely dominated the Mushroom Cup, and seemed everyone's favourite to walk the 1993 title. However, it didn't turn out that way for various reasons. Coming into the Cup off a win in the fourth round, defending champion LUIGI MARIO #1 continued that momentum with a string of pole positions and top-two positions. By the end of the Cup it seemed that Luigi was the one dominating this time, and the new and clear favourite to win the championship.

Yoshi on the other hand had a dire Cup. Things just seemed to go wrong all the time for the dinosaur, and his haul of one point was miserable at the end of the day. And speaking of misery, it seemed that Toad and Mario were desperate to be fighting for that penultimate position in the championship. Having funnelled all his resources into the Marioserati and Pirelluigi behemoth, Mario selflessly gave up all hope of championship success for the time being, with only one point to his name after a year's worth of races. Toad on the other hand has been nowhere, and there seems to be no answer for the total lack of pace.

There was a lot of dramedy between Luigi and Donkey Kong Jr., apparent championship rivals, as they collided in no less than two events! The stewards made a thorough enquiry and concluded that while one of the incidents was an unforced error for Kong Jr, it didn't stop excuse the poor driving standards and sportsmanship from both drivers. Kong Jr. was put on an suspended penalty and Luigi was given a warning. Aggravating the stewards would be the last thing Luigi wants to do with a championship at stake.

Finally, the mid-season break saw rumour fly out of his own garage no less, that Yoshimura Munchakoopas has been doping. Putting his poor performance in the Flower Cup down to an aversion to a recent vaccine, the dinosaur agreed after a request from the MIA to undergo a drugs test. He was found clean, and the matter was dropped. We wonder what caused the complete drop-off in pace at the cup.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.


Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
User avatar
Rob Dylan
Posts: 2778
Joined: 18 May 2014, 15:34
Location: Andy Warhol's basement

Re: Alt-Mario Kart 1993: The Year of Prestige

Post by Rob Dylan »

1993 Star Cup
Image

The Star Cup was all manner of strange, but also familiar in other factors. It has been very strange just how consistent Bowser has been in getting race results week-in week-out. The off-season has seen much improvement from the Koopa King, and with two wins on the trot in the Cup, he goes into the Special Cup as the championship leader for the first time in his career. However, like so many others before him, is this just a curse waiting to happen? Winning his second Star Cup in a row, it feels familiar in many ways.

None of the top four going into the Cup had any intention of winning it, it seemed. Yoshi's dreadful Flower Cup form somehow got worse, while there were surprise results from almost all of the backmarkers. Daisy almost got a strong second before binning it, while even Mario stood back on the podium for the first time since Round 8 of 1992. Toad's form continued to be garbage, and Peach too had a largely disappointing stint. Another few podiums went to Koopa, putting him on 11 podiums without a win. Oh, what could be!

However, more drama was to follow. Another two races saw questionable driving from Luigi and Donkey Kong Jr., who found themselves magnetised to each other on track. Two more crashes were investigated by some angry stewards. DK Jr was found to have gone off of his own accord in the first, but in the second both were disqualified for their performances. It was bad enough that they were sharing the back-row, but to be unable to avoid incident was simply unforgiveable. The DSQ was followed by mandatory anger management training provided by Funky Kong. Neither driver lost points, but it did impact how much time they would be able to spend on car upgrades for the following Cup.

Rumours are abounding as to the enquiry into Mario and Luigi's future together as teammates. For the time being it is just rumour, but it has also already been decided that the top two in 1993 will be the lead Marioserati runners for next year, and that all but immediately excludes Mario from the event. That is because the other success story of the Star Cup was Wario Jumpman, whose early-season promise (and engine boost) has been backed up by excellent speed and a bit more consistency. He may prove to be an outside contender for the championship.

See you at the Special Cup :dance:
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.


Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
User avatar
Butterfox
Posts: 6039
Joined: 30 Nov 2009, 19:45
Location: Stupid, sexy Flanders.

Re: Alt-Mario Kart 1993: The Year of Prestige

Post by Butterfox »

As for development, use enough tokens to max out grip, for the rest nothing.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
User avatar
Hermann95
Posts: 1218
Joined: 20 Jul 2013, 14:17

Re: Alt-Mario Kart 1993: The Year of Prestige

Post by Hermann95 »

Bowser development:
1x Grip, 1x Qualifying, 2x Aero, 2x Setup
User avatar
This Could Be You
Posts: 1342
Joined: 05 Jun 2016, 16:40
Location: Somewhere else

Re: Alt-Mario Kart 1993: The Year of Prestige

Post by This Could Be You »

Equipe Luigier will spend two tokens on Grip.

That's it.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
User avatar
Rob Dylan
Posts: 2778
Joined: 18 May 2014, 15:34
Location: Andy Warhol's basement

Re: Alt-Mario Kart 1993: The Year of Prestige

Post by Rob Dylan »

1993 Special Cup
Image

Much like the Star Cup, the 1993 Special Cup was straightforward in a variety of ways, but in others it promised (and continues to promise going into the off-season) to provide drama drama drama.

At the back, Mario returned to his old ways and scored zero points during the whole cup. Daisy again showed some promising pace but continued to throw away countless good results. Toad had something of a comeback podium but otherwise publicly declared his desire to move all resources towards 1994. Another podium for Koopa puts his unwanted record another number higher. DK Jr also picked himself up a podium to round off what has been a season of incredible ups and downs: things were either going perfectly or they were a disaster for the old ape.

Speaking of throwing away results, the Mitsuyoshi/Peachelin duo of Yoshi and Peach finally got their acts together to win the final two rounds of the season. It cemented both drivers in their positions, and Peach especially could be seen as the most improved driver of the year. Wario, who has shown championship-level skill, has also shown his lack of experience with a variety of errors. He was unable to win the championship but still picked up two podiums.

Then we have the championship battle. At Ghost Valley Luigi picked up a decisive win to put himself equal on points with Bowser but ahead on countback. That is where the fight ended unfortunately: a crash in quali at Vanilla Lake coupled with the lowest attrition in Mario Kart history saw him finish a lowly 6th. At Donut Plains 3 he crashed again in Q1, and even with the help of his brother putting him a place up the grid didn’t save his championship hopes. He finishes the season a strong second, but 15 points off an even stronger Bowser.

Bowser was all-dominant and became the first driver to win two cups in succession, as well as the first driver to win three cups at all. His late season form has him as a worthy champion, if in spite of a lap 1 crash with his rival at the dead rubber Rainbow Road round. Having already sewn up the championship, Bowser collided with Luigi, and the whole debacle left a bad taste in the mouth after what was a sensible and clean championship. But it's official, Bowser is the 1993 Mario Kart Champion!

Luigi and Mario fell to blows yet again with their attempt to reroute the rules of qualifying. Mario was caught out deliberately crashing in Q2 to push his brother a place higher up on the grid, and the stewards punished both incredibly harshly for the misdemeanour. Again, no points were affected, but the message is clear.


And so that concludes the 1993 season. It hardly feels like it is over though, what with the ever-worsening relationship between the Mario Brothers finally spilling out into the public eye in the off-season…
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.


Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
User avatar
Frogfoot9013
Posts: 537
Joined: 11 Aug 2014, 12:25
Location: Connachta, Éire

Re: Alt-Mario Kart 1993: The Year of Prestige

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

Mario Mario's spokesman wrote:I have been instructed to relay it to the MIA that Mario intends to withdraw from Marioserati and form a new team of his own for 1994, as the predetermined arrangement of him becoming the customer driver at the end of the season for being the lowest-scoring Marioserati driver would bereave him of the engine and tyre programme that he alone developed, and which saw no contribution from Luigi or Wario. Because of this, Mario knows that he is permitted to take these two programmes with him whither he goes next. He is prepared to take this all the way through the courts if needs be.
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
User avatar
Rob Dylan
Posts: 2778
Joined: 18 May 2014, 15:34
Location: Andy Warhol's basement

Re: Alt-Mario Kart 1993: The Year of Prestige

Post by Rob Dylan »

The Mario situation is very serious. 1993 is ending in a court feud as Mario Mario intends to take his hard-earned engine/tyre combo with him to a new team. Initial rumours that the Italian, who again finished 8th overall in the series bearing his name, would join a separate team have been quashed. Instead he intends to start his own team and to attract other drivers to it. Having had his seat replaced by Wario, and in his eyes having been betrayed by his own brother, it seems unlikely that either of those two will be joining him.

What matters now is who takes what in this messy divorce. One thing for sure is that Mario is going. The court has heard the evidence and will act accordingly. Mario argues that he built the tyre/engine combo to be the powerhouse it is singlehandedly and without help from his teammates. Luigi argues (Wario was not present at the court hearings) that this was entirely Mario’s choice, and that the customer rules were clear – therefore Mario is in breach of contract. Neither brother has faith in the other, and now it remains to be seen what the judges will say.

1-50 The court rules in favour of Mario
51-100 The court rules in favour of Luigi

41

1-50 Mario has the legal right to take the Marioserati engine with him to his next team.
51-100 Mario has the legal right to take both the Marioserati engine and the Pirelluigi tyres with him to his next team.

53

Mario has taken both the engine and the tyres with him :badoer: this case is closed. Bear in mind now that there is a free, non-customer seat at the absolute by-far best engine-combo on the grid.

Now is a good time to give Mario a call. You may make any requests here on the thread. In fact, please do so that I can gather all the requests.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.


Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
User avatar
Rob Dylan
Posts: 2778
Joined: 18 May 2014, 15:34
Location: Andy Warhol's basement

Re: Alt-Mario Kart 1993: The Year of Prestige

Post by Rob Dylan »

Silly Season has now opened and you may go berserk


To be clear: you do not have to post where you are driving in 1994 if you're already in an engine/tyre combo - if you say nothing I will assume that you are intending on keeping your seat. For example, Bowser will be 100% safe in BMW. However, you may claim a drive with any engine/tyre combo you like.

Currently I have noted interest from Donkey Kong Jr and Daisy von Sarasaland for driving with Mario's as-of-yet unnamed new team.

Luigi and Wario will have to state their interest in engines/tyres. They may join an existing combo or attempt to start their own.

The Engine/tyre combos are currently:
- Marioserati/"Pirelluigi" - Mario Mario. Two seats available, one proper and one customer.
- Bowser Motor Works/Booridgestone - Bowser Koopa: two seats available. Donkey Kong Jr is interested in leaving, and there is also a customer seat once that second seat is filled.
- Mitsuyoshi/Peachelin - Yoshi/Peach. Currently only a customer seat available if neither owners leave.
- Koopa Climax/Fireplant - Toad/Koopa: This is all up in the air. Koopa has mentioned an interest in joining BMW, while Toad is reportedly being poached by Mario.
- Kongsworth/Donklop - Diddy Kong: a brand new entrant coming in for 1994. Another driver and a customer available. It is unknown at this time the power of the combo.
- possible new engine/tyre combo developed by Luigi or Wario?

Each engine/tyre combo can hold up to three drivers: two drivers and one customer driver. You may now cause chaos.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.


Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Kinnikuniverse
Posts: 411
Joined: 04 Nov 2019, 12:57
Location: Montreal, Quebec, canada

Re: Alt-Mario Kart 1993: The Year of Prestige

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Donkard Kong Jr is interested in the second main seat for Scuderia Mario. If, in any case, he doesn't get the seat, then he'll stay put with BMW
User avatar
Frogfoot9013
Posts: 537
Joined: 11 Aug 2014, 12:25
Location: Connachta, Éire

Re: Alt-Mario Kart 1993: The Year of Prestige

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

Mario Mario has agreed terms with Toad Toadstool for him to drive the second car in the reconstituted Marioserati team. In addition, he is now renaming the 'Pirelluigi' tyres as 'Mariotani' tyres, to preclude the manifestation of any legal imbroglio.
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
User avatar
Pinkd56
Posts: 644
Joined: 06 Aug 2015, 14:38
Location: Bedfordshire

Re: Alt-Mario Kart 1993: The Year of Prestige

Post by Pinkd56 »

Daisy von Sarasland is willing to back a Luigi-based consortium with her extensive wealth in exchange for a favourable seat
User avatar
Hermann95
Posts: 1218
Joined: 20 Jul 2013, 14:17

Re: Alt-Mario Kart 1993: The Year of Prestige

Post by Hermann95 »

It's now DK Jr's turn to decide if he wants to stay on as a factory driver at BMW.

Further, to ensure the teams' competitiveness in the future and to develop new and exciting talent, the championship winning BMW outfit is looking into hiring a third driver for the 1994 season. This driver will have customer status, with exact details open to negotiation
Kinnikuniverse
Posts: 411
Joined: 04 Nov 2019, 12:57
Location: Montreal, Quebec, canada

Re: Alt-Mario Kart 1993: The Year of Prestige

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Hermann95 wrote:It's now DK Jr's turn to decide if he wants to stay on as a factory driver at BMW.

Further, to ensure the teams' competitiveness in the future and to develop new and exciting talent, the championship winning BMW outfit is looking into hiring a third driver for the 1994 season. This driver will have customer status, with exact details open to negotiation


DK Jr., after considerations, decides to stay with BMW.
User avatar
Rob Dylan
Posts: 2778
Joined: 18 May 2014, 15:34
Location: Andy Warhol's basement

Re: Alt-Mario Kart 1993: The Year of Prestige

Post by Rob Dylan »

Ok so it's been a while now and Mario's in his brand-new office. It's not much, in fact it's made of plywood and it's a shack. But it does have four walls and a telephone.

The first guy he phones is his girlfriend's slave Toad, and invites him to be Mario's co-driver at Scuderia Mario in 1994. Toad gladly accepts, heads on over later that day. The two chat over whatever Mushroom Kingdom folks drink for tea over there, and Mario pulls out the contract, written in crayon. Toad is fumbling around with his pen, and this gives Mario some time to think.

1-90 "Well Toad is in the office already so he might as well sign the document"
91-100 "I've changed my mind about the whole thing. Put that contract in the shredder and burn yet another bridge. Get Daisy and DK Jr on the phone"

60

Mario gives Toad a look that genuinely worries Toad. "What are you looking at me like that for?" Toad asks. "Oh nothing," Mario says. Toad hurriedly signs the paper and the contract is sealed.


However, this puts the fate of Fireplant Tyres in the air. Toad, going to Scuderia Mario will not need them, and it will be a question of who has the rights to use the tyres come the following season. For now though, one more piece of the puzzle is in place
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.


Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Hammercat42
Posts: 41
Joined: 29 Oct 2021, 13:40

Re: Alt-Mario Kart 1993: The Year of Prestige

Post by Hammercat42 »

Daily Kat News /w The headliner of the moment: New team enters the MK-1994 season!
Rick Hammercat, a new manager on the block did a bid on the entry licenses to form a new racing team for the MK-1994 season, after a day at the office of the government body of the series.

Mister Hammercat told the tabloid that he is trying to get a whole new project from the ground with his own team powered by the Hammer Bros. and with they co-operation they will start the Hammer Bros. Racing Team (HBRT) with a longterm planning to even bring in their own engine and tyres.

Hammercat said to the press: "we keep all options open to have a stable 1994 season, one where we can learn to develop our chassis with an already existing engine and tyres or we will and shall go full in with our own engines and tyres"
He also said that he will wait till the market is stable enough to find a engine and tyre partner for the 1994 season, because in his eyes its better to wait till the experienced teams made their moves so that he can learn what they do and what kind of decision they make.

More information will be shared through the tabloid.

-
General Press
Kat from Daily Kat News



MK-1994 Entry Form:

New Team:
Manager: Rick Hammercat
Team: Hammer Bros. Racing Team (HBRT)
Driver 1: S.Pike (ref. Super Mario Bros. 3 (1988))
Driver 1 Age: unknown The government body need to exterminate and classify the age.
Driver 1 number: #13
Chassis: SMK/94 (new chassis)
Engines: TBA (Hammeronda's)
Tyres: TBA (SpikeSteins)
DigitDan7
Posts: 38
Joined: 10 Aug 2021, 00:09
Location: Spain

Re: Alt-Mario Kart 1993: The Year of Prestige

Post by DigitDan7 »

Kooper Troopa will race using Koopa Climax engines in 1994. He will also defend his right to use the Fireplant tires, following the departure of Toad Toadstool.
User avatar
Rob Dylan
Posts: 2778
Joined: 18 May 2014, 15:34
Location: Andy Warhol's basement

Re: Alt-Mario Kart 1993: The Year of Prestige

Post by Rob Dylan »

So Fireplant is in an interesting position. Having provided for the two-car entry of Koopa and Toad in 1992-3, they are now in the place of providing for only one driver. Koopa Troopa, who has no intention of letting go of his supplier, also hasn’t attracted interest from other teams. Fireplant have interest from the Luigi-Wario consortium, though also have the option of funding the promising Diddy Kong and his up-and-coming project. S. Pike, who has remained rather passive in the off-season negotiations, seems an unlikely option, but not an impossible one should the Fireplant executives be impressed.

1-40: Koopa has been good to us and been very strong. We will stand by our chief driver.
41-80: A former world champion and last year’s runner-up is at our door. Of course we’re interested.
81-95: We want to try something different and fund the new Diddy Kong team.
96-100: S. Pike I guess?

22

Fireplant stays with Koopa!

Daisy now has the options:
- Opting to stay where she is as Peachelin/Mitsuyoshi customer.
- Joining Bowser and DK Jr as a Booridgestone/BMW customer.
- Joining Mario and Toad as a Marioserati/Mariotani customer.
- Joining Koopa as equal at Koopa Climax/Fireplant.
- Joining Diddy Kong / Steven Pike's mystery teams as equal driver.

Luigi has the options:
- Attempt to take Daisy's place at Peachelin/Mitsuyoshi.
- Joining one of the main teams above, though I will tell you it is very unlikely.
- Joining Diddy Kong / Steven Pike's mystery teams as equal driver.

Wario has the options:
- Attempt to take Daisy's place at Peachelin/Mitsuyoshi.
- Joining one of the main teams above. The only team likely to take you would be BMW/Booridgestone.
- Joining Diddy Kong / Steven Pike's mystery teams as equal driver.


Please let me know what your choice is and I will RNG them all
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.


Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Hammercat42
Posts: 41
Joined: 29 Oct 2021, 13:40

Re: Alt-Mario Kart 1993: The Year of Prestige

Post by Hammercat42 »

Small edit on the driver name, it became Foreman Spike (Wrecking Crew - NES 1985)

Update:
Team manager: Rick Hammercat
Team name: Hammer Bros. Racing Team (HBRT)
Team Chassis: MK94
Team Engine: Hammeronda
Team Tyres: SpikeSteins

Drivers:
Driver #1: Foreman Spike (Wrecking Crew - NES 1985)
Driver #1 Number: #13
Driver #1 Age: 38


Daily Kat News /w The headliner of the moment:
Hammer Bros. Racing Team ready for 1994


Rick Hammercat, the new manager at Hammer Bros. Racing Team finally completed all the paperwork for his team and send us a lovely letter with all the info about the plans and the team:

"Today, February 1994 we finally signed all the mandatory papers at the organisation's office. The place to be when you want to fill dozens of forms and copying full folders with detailed info about the chassis, engine, tyres, drivers, the manager heheh and all other stuff"

The new manager gave us also a picture of his new driver full in uniform or better said racing suit for the new season.
Printing the photo.......
Image

Hammercat continued: "This this driver we finally can hammer us on the road to the top!"

Hammercat Bros. Racing Team will race a full season in the Alt-MK94 with the special build Hammeronda engines and SpikeSteins tyres.

More information will be shared through the tabloid.

-
General Press
Kat from Daily Kat News
Post Reply