DigitDan7's Alternate F1 (aka welcome to my bizarre mind)

The place for non-canon series, including all series that contain minimal or no references at all to the RWRS universe
DigitDan7

DigitDan7's Alternate F1 (aka welcome to my bizarre mind)

Post by DigitDan7 »

So, a bit of context first. I'm DigitDan7, and in my head live several different stories rent-free. One of them is a Fire Emblem story where, several centuries after the games, many characters are reincarnated into a 21st century version of their world (so magic still exists, but people drive cars & have cellphones). So one day I wondered, "What would F1 look like in that world?" Now I could have just plonked our F1 timeline, make some small changes here & there and call it a day.

But where's the fun in that?

This thread is actually about the third (& final) incarnation of my Alternate F1 History. The first incarnation was me just arbitrarily picking 12 teams, adding a 13th fictional one & that's it. After that, I RNGed the constructors championship from 1950 to 2017, with a extremely rudimentary Prestige/Danger system, where I'd just have a list of the teams, then randomly select the champion, the 2nd place & so on. If teams performed consistently crap, they'd eventually disappear. Champions would get extra slots, so they would, on average, place higher. After finishing the second incarnation (which included Sinmara Grand Prix, a renamed LDS which were multi constructors champions & no Ferrari), I decided to resart the whole thing after reworking the rules a bit. So here we are, having RNGed the constructors standings from 1950 to 2019, now I have a grid of 13 2-car teams, for a full 26 car grid. So let's introduce the grid, shall we?

FRONTRUNNERS:
-Airbus Team Lotus. The original Team Lotus is rather similar to ours, succesful in the 70s & 80s, but dissapears in the early 90s. This though, is Tony Fernandes' team, but instead of a reject, they're the team to beat in 1820 (2020 equivalent, all other years are like this). This would be weird, but Alt-F1 did it first, so eh. They took both the WDC & WCC in 1819, so unsurprisingly, they have a target on their back. They've retained their line-up from 1819, composed of the defending WDC, Gia Sarno (fankid of Gangrel & Aversa from Awakening) & young talent Stace Davison. Their car this year is the T137, & it's unbeatable over a single lap (especially on the straights), helped by the Peugeot A60 engine. However, reliabilty seems to be a concern, & races are won on Sunday, in the end.
-MG XPower GP Team. IRL, Peter Gleed failed to enter F1 with his Cooper-based, MG-engined F1 car. Here though, he doesn't just race, he's rather succesful, even taking two WCC (1771 & 1774) However, they were a ragtag team with not a big budget, so financial troubles were inevitable. However, MG, having supplied them engines since the beginning & seeing an opportunity, bought Gleed in 1781 & saved the iconic team. Not much has changed team-wise since then, the only thing of note being the addition of the XPower brand in the 1800s. However, in preseason, they managed to poach 4-time champion Stainimir Yanev from their long-time rivals (more on them later) to partner Barnabé Noyer. While their E40 engine may be the least powerful on the grid, it's also light & reliable. Paired with the aerodynamic beast that is the X20 chassis, & MG are nigh unbeatable in the corners.
-BMW M F1 Team. The arch-rival of MG started out as Fry, a small team that entered F1 in 1759. Just like Gleed, they didn't have much money, but had plenty of talent to make up for it. However, they too fell into financial troubles & were bought out in 1801, this time by BMW. They're starting the 1820 season angry & out for blood; after all, MG managed to poach Yanev from them, a move that had F1 fans picking up their jaws from the floor. BMW have one (1) objective in 1820: BEAT MG. To achieve that, they've signed Priti Chaudhari from Toyota & retained their other driver, Mina Darzi. Car-wise, the combination of the F1.20 chassis & P87/7 engine isn't the best in the corners, but is decently fast & has incredible reliability, explaining the shockingly small amount of spare parts they had in preseason. It seems that BMW's plan is to outdrag &, more importantly, outlast the MGs.
-Agip Minardi Team. Everyone's favourite backmarker is here, except this time round, they were never a backmarker. Minardi are now F1's jack of all trades, a team whose cars, while never the best at anything, don't have any obvious flaws either. As such, you can throw a Minardi onto practically any F1 track & they'll do quite well. They're also the kings of consistency, as they've been competitive pretty much their entire existence. They retain their 1819 lineup of Yuuna Yamasaki & Emilio Mariani, & the M220 chassis is well-rounded, as it should be. One interesting thing to note is that despite technically not being a works team, Minardi have had the same engine supplier since the beginning: Maserati. I say technically, because at this point, Maserati builds engines to Minardi's specs & then sells them to other teams, & the Tipo 55/F1 is no exception.

HIGH MIDFIELD:
-DENSO Toyota TOM'S Racing. In 1794, tuning company TOM's announced their entry into F1. They had one objective: goad Toyota into entering F1. For 2 years, they used Cosworth engines, but in 1796, they got their wish, as Toyota entered F1 as their engine. However, it all seemed lost in 1800, as financial woes threatened to sink the team. Toyota, however, had other plans, and rescued TOM'S by buying the team, thus Toyota TOM'S was born. After spening the 1800's in the lower half of the grid, the hybrid era has done them wonders & they've risen up to the top of the midfield. For 1820 driver-wise, they retain 2-time champion Sarita Das & promote Danilo Olguín from Ikuzawa, to replace the BMW-bound Chaudhari. Their 1820 chassis, the TT120, has shown itself to be light & packed with downforce, although drag is an issue. Powering it is the lightest engine on the grid, the RVX-25. All in all, it seems that Toyota are ready for another season of growth. Who knows, they might contend for titles soon...
-Phoenix Grand Prix Ltd. In 1802, people laughed when a team with zero F1 experience, no heritage & no manufacturer support entered the sport. It's 1820 now, & people aren't laughing. Phoenix is the undisputed king of the privateers, even having 5 WCC titles to their name. They may have dropped off a bit recently, but they're still a formidable team, capable of podiums & even wins if possible. Ciril Loncar stays with the team in 1820, but his teammate is rising star Conor Ó Briain, fresh from Virgin & whom many are touting as a future world champion. The PGP18 chassis, while not the most refined, is sturdy & predictable, & when paired with the ultimate engine for privateers, the Cosworth CA1820, it's shown itself to be a car that is easy to push to the limit. They may not be the fastest, but Phoenix are willing (& capable) of taking advantage of any mistakes of the rest of the grid, so they better watch out!
-Total Peugeot Sport. It all started with Automobiles Martini, a small team that entered F1 in 1778. They did pretty well, even netting 2nd in the Constructors 3 times, the third one in 1793. After that season, they got a offer from Peugeot: "We'll buy the team, and in exchange you get more funding & our brand new engines". Martini accepted, and thus Peugeot Sport entered F1 with a bang. They steadily improved, & eventually took 2 WCC titles in 1803 & 1810. They dropped off a bit since then, but are still a force to be reckoned with. Lilou Clark, the only non-human driver in F1 currently (she's a wolf laguz), stays at Peugeot this season. However, after a bidding that lasted most of the off-season, Peugeot have signed the most wanted rookie in recent years: 19-year old Beverly Power. This year's chassis, the 90X-26, plays to the strengths of their engine, the A60, whih, as mentioned earlier, has more power than any of it's competitors, so it's fair to say straigths are where the car is most comfortable. People love to point out that they're the only factory team to do worse than one of their customer teams, but Peugeot will then point to: 1) their rather good results, & 2) the fat cheque they get from Lotus.

LOW MIDFIELD:
-Virgin Manor Racing. In 1810, there were 6 new teams that entered F1, out of which 4 are still around today. One of those teams is Manor, a small team that entered F1 thanks to their benefactor, Virgin. In this universe, Virgin takes a liking to F1, forming a close partnership with Manor. They've been rather unremarkable in general, although they had a great year in 1818, battling with Toyota & Phoenix. Vitomir Gasper stays with the team, hoping to get a chance to showcase his skills. But while most of the teams were scrambling to sign Power, Virgin nabbed equally talented Oria Capello from under everyone's noses. Virgin have gone for a balanced car this year, with the VR-11 chassis being slightly lighter than average to compensate for their rather heavy P87/7 engine from BMW. Virgin hope to recapture some of that 1818 magic this year, but only time will tell...
-Sega Ikuzawa GP. In 1794, Ikuzawa entered F1 as a small but talented team, ready to make their mark (for those asking, Stewart are their own thing in this world). And make their mark they did, with the 1800 WCC title to their name. Right now though, they're a rather middle of the pack team (& Toyota's unofficial B-team), although they still have flashes of brilliance from time to time. Ikuzawa's driver lineup this year consists of Philipa Pinheiro, retained from last year, & Alexey Hildebrand, who makes his debut in F1 to replace Olguín. The HW-027 chassis is rather balanced, although it seems to have slight issues with top speed. Their engine, Toyota's RVX-25, won't help on the speed front, but it's light, so the Ikuzawa's will like the corners. The team's hoping for an upturn in fortunes & maybe it will happen this year...

BACKMARKERS:
-Pacific GP Igol. Now THIS is the Minardi equivalent of this world. Pacific entered F1 in 1794 & have achieved.. not much really. The've had some alright seasons, but for the most part, they're stuck in the basement. They've had money troubles in recent years, & it's reflected in their drivers. Ella Antonsen & Kishori Korrapati aren't that good, but they bring some much needed cash to the team. Their chassis this year, the PR27, is a light chassis, but not the most aerodynamically refined. Combine that with the MG E40 engine, & the result is a car that really lacks pure speed. But hey, maybe it's all part of the plan.
-Kärcher Stefan GP. This is Stefan's second run in F1: they first entered in 1798, but left in 1802, saying that they would re-enter when they were ready & take F1 by storm. But that didn't happen. Since re-entering in 1810, they've been stuck at the back of the pack with not much to do. Every year, they promise that their fortunes will change, but that hasn't happened yet. Maybe this year will be different. They have a decent lineup, with Cezary Sienkiewicz as their number 1 & Branimir Kovacevic as their number 2. The S-11 chassis has decent aerodynamics, but it's rather heavy, & combined with the porky Cosworth CA1820, it explains the early reports of the Stefans suffering from a lot of understeer. However, they do seem to be reliable, so a race of high attrition might allow them to score points.
-Cypher F1 Group. The last of the surviving 1810 entries, Cypher started out as Ylisse F1 (abbreviated to YF1) & have always had the same issue: they just don't have the budget to be able to consistently get into the midfield. A rebrand to Cypher in 1818 has done nothing to change their fortunes, but one of their drivers just might. Jalo Rosenberg doesn't bring too much talent, but brings some much needed cash to Cypher. Valentin Blanchard, however, is a promising young talent & might be able to score Cypher some points if the opportunity arises. Aiding Cypher this year is the Type 11 chassis, which, all things considered, is a pretty rapid chassis considering Cypher's budget. It is rather tricky to drive & fragile though, so it remains to be seen if the drivers can squeeze out it's potential. At least the engine, Cosworth's CA1820, is sturdier, even though it's weight will slow the car down. Fingers crossed.
-Haas F1 Team. Well, at least some thing are the same in both worlds. Haas entered F1 in 1816 & have NOT done well so far (Haas did okay their first few seasons IRL, this Haas couldn't). After their sponsor made them the laughing stock of the paddock in 1819 (no prizes for guessing said sponsor), they hope for a fresh start in 1820. They have two promising rookies this season, those being Georgo Akers & Nazli Alinejad. Now, car wise, the Haas can best be described as "discount Minardi", since the VF-20 has the same balanced design philosophy as the M220 (but with a lot less budget) & they have the same Maserati Tipo 55/F1 engine. Here's hoping they have a half-decent season for once.

(Note 1: if you want to know what a wolf laguz looks like, here you go.)
So that's the full grid for the 1820 season. Now what about the calendar?

FIA 1820 FORMULA ONE SEASON CALENDAR:
Preseason Test
Race 1: Pirelli Ylisse Grand Prix
Race 2: Eni Valmese Grand Prix
Race 3: SOCRR Rosanne Grand Prix
Race 4: B&O Grannvalian Grand Prix
Race 5: Fortenova Thracian Grand Prix
Race 6: DHL Lycian Grand Prix
Race 7: Campari Etrurian Grand Prix
Race 8: Foster's Renais Grand Prix
Race 9: Visteon Crimean Grand Prix
Race 10: Benetton Daeinite Grand Prix
Race 11: Toyota Hoshidan Grand Prix
Race 12: Mobil 1 Nohrian Grand Prix
Race 13: Airtel Vallite Grand Prix
Race 14: Sanofi Fódlan Grand Prix
Race 15: TISSOT Almyran Grand Prix
Race 16: RAC Askran Grand Prix
Race 17: Guinness Emblian Grand Prix
Race 18: IKEA Nifl Grand Prix
Race 19: Heineken Muspell Grand Prix
Race 20: Adidas Aytolis Grand Prix

So that's the basic rundown of this series. Track-wise, I've actually designed & named 10 tracks myself (still have 11 to do), which will be revealed when their race comes up. I've already done the first race, but I'll actually go backwards in time to do preseason testing, which will be my next post here. This is a non-interactive series I'll be running using Racing Scorinator v2.5.6, so you can just sit back, relax & enjoy this weird, weird version of F1.

(Note 2: If you want to see how I got here, enjoy this abomination. =P)
Last edited by DigitDan7 on 11 Sep 2021, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.
dr-baker

Re: DigitDan7's Alternate F1 (aka welcome to my bizarre mind

Post by dr-baker »

DigitDan7 wrote:
(Note 1: if you want to know what a wolf laguz looks like, here you go.)

Don't let dr-baker see that!

Oh, wait...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA