2020 Calendar

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx

2020 Calendar

Post by MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx »

So trying to keep up with what's off,what's on,what's behind closed doors and hopefully can be updated as and when necessary

At the moment it appears we have:
Cancelled- Australia,Monaco,France
Postponed-Vietnam,China,Holland,Spain,Azerbaijan,Canada

Due to take place:
05 July Austria
19 July Britain
02 Aug Hungary
30 Aug Belgium (closed doors)
06 Sep Italy
20 Sep Singapore
27 Sep Russia
11 Oct Japan
25 Oct USA
01 Nov Mexico
15 Nov Brazil
29 Nov Abu Dhabi
Some people are looking for the meaning of life.Me,I'll be satisfied with a cute girl who can tell her Andrea Moda from her AGS...
FortiWinks

Re: 2020 Calendar

Post by FortiWinks »

This is what Autosport were reporting the other day

5 Jul Austria
12 Jul Austria ‘II’
26 Jul Britain
2 Aug Britain ‘II’
9 Aug Hungary
23 Aug Spain
30 Aug Belgium
6 Sept Italy
20 Sept Azerbaijan
27 Sept Russia
4 Oct China
11 Oct Japan
25 Oct USA
1 Nov Mexico
8 Nov Brazil
22 Nov Vietnam
29 Nov Bahrain
6 Dec Bahrain ‘II’
13 Dec Abu Dhabi
Knows two facts about ducks and both of them are wrong
MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx

Do we know which of them will be having spectators and which will be behind closed doors so far?
Some people are looking for the meaning of life.Me,I'll be satisfied with a cute girl who can tell her Andrea Moda from her AGS...
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

Austria, Britain, Hungary, Belgium have all confirmed no spectators while Spain, Italy, Azerbaijan are expected to also be added to that list.

After that is a mystery as the Russia is trying to be the first race with spectators but no official confirmation has come through saying either way. Imagine if China is the first race with people in the crowd though :badoer:
Knows two facts about ducks and both of them are wrong
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

Netherlands now definitely off :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52831525

Wasn't on any of the proposed calendars anyway, and the reasons given make perfect sense :

We and Formula 1 have investigated the potential to hold a rescheduled race this year without spectators, but we would like to celebrate this moment, the return of Formula 1 in Zandvoort, together with our racing fans in the Netherlands.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

In terms of the names of second races, I would like the second Austrian race to be the Lichtenstein Grand Prix, following in the traditions of the San Marino GP, the Luxembourg GP and the 1982 Swiss GP. Equally, the second British GP could be the English GP, the North Sea GP (following the Pacific GP of '94 and '95), or even the Jersey GP (might be funny if there ever ends up being a New Jersey GP!). I think calling it the Irish, Scottish or Welsh GP might be a tad controversial for the region personally.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Well the chance of using the name 'European GP' for one of these double races sounds most realistic.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:Well the chance of using the name 'European GP' for one of these double races sounds most realistic.

Realistically, yes, but which one? And what of the others? I would Love the idea of a Lichtenstein GP and a North Sea GP or a Channel Islands/Manx GP.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I think Silverstone will get the 'European GP' designation for the 2nd race.

Styria's only border with another country is with....Slovenia, so there's your designation for the second race in Austria!!!
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Austria 2 could be called the Niki Lauda Memorial GP and the second British race Sir Stirling Moss Memorial GP
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

WeirdKerr wrote:Austria 2 could be called the Niki Lauda Memorial GP and the second British race Sir Stirling Moss Memorial GP

Would be a nice touch.
MCard LOLA
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

First eight races are up, as follows:

5 July - Austrian GP
12 July - Steiermark (Styrian) GP
19 July - Hungarian GP
2 August - British GP
9 August - Formula 1 70th Anniversary GP (Silverstone)
16 August - Spanish GP
30 August - Belgian GP
6 September - Italian GP
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Ross Brawn has gone against universal cries for the comeback of "The European Championship" of 2020, saying that apparently it's a world championship even if all the races are in Silverstone.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Fetzie

Post by Fetzie »

Rob Dylan wrote:Ross Brawn has gone against universal cries for the comeback of "The European Championship" of 2020, saying that apparently it's a world championship even if all the races are in Silverstone.

Do the rules actually specify that the 8 races needed for a Championship to be valid need to be at different tracks?

I'll be honest, it would have been funny to win the PP Championship based on two points from a cancelled race weekend. Would have summed up 2020 fairly well :dance:
mario

Post by mario »

Fetzie wrote:
Rob Dylan wrote:Ross Brawn has gone against universal cries for the comeback of "The European Championship" of 2020, saying that apparently it's a world championship even if all the races are in Silverstone.

Do the rules actually specify that the 8 races needed for a Championship to be valid need to be at different tracks?

I'll be honest, it would have been funny to win the PP Championship based on two points from a cancelled race weekend. Would have summed up 2020 fairly well :dance:

Brawn's position would seem to be different to what the International Sporting Code states, as that contains the following text on what defines a "World Championship":
2.4.3.b.i The cup, trophy, challenge or series calendar must include Competitions taking place on at least three continents during the same season.

That text is still in force so, under normal circumstances, a Europe-only championship would not qualify as a "World Championship", even if all the races were at different venues. The indication is that the only reason why it would count is because the FIA would probably just cite "force majeure" and therefore give a waiver to the sport, but holding all the races at a single venue would probably be a little too far.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Waris

Post by Waris »

An interesting suggestion appeared, using the "Outer Loop" track for a second race at Sakhir: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/bahr ... p/4805552/
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Also on autosport. Looking at the maps it'd make a 12 corner circuit and could lead to some epic drafting between what is currently turn 13 and 14, as 13 would become a fast sweeper. DRS on pit straight, between 3 and 4, and 13 and 14 could make for a lot of overtakes. Also setups would be an interesting mesh between Monza and Spa. I quite like it, give the race something different.
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx

And now confirmed no Singapore, Azerbaijan or Japan....

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news/co ... li=AAnZ9Ug
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

Bit of help please guys. Is there any truth to the rumours about Portugal being included on this year's calendar?
mario

Post by mario »

Spectoremg wrote:Bit of help please guys. Is there any truth to the rumours about Portugal being included on this year's calendar?

Brawn has confirmed that Portimao is one circuit that is being considered as a possible substitute circuit, and back on the 14th June the circuit did issue a formal statement confirming that they have been holding talks with Liberty Media about possibly holding a race. https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/port ... s/4806513/

However, it is only a possibility that Portugal could be added to the calendar - the article above indicates that a final decision is still a few weeks away at the earliest. The suggestion is that it is more likely that Portimao is being lined up as a possible back up if another race was cancelled - possibly the Russian GP, as one date being discussed was the 27th Sep, the date for the Russian GP.
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

Many thanks. I have a friend who lives along the coast near Faro who's jumped the gun a bit.
mario

Post by mario »

Spectoremg wrote:Many thanks. I have a friend who lives along the coast near Faro who's jumped the gun a bit.

The odds that Portimao might be used have probably increased with the news that further races later on in the season, so I can understand why they might be expecting a race to occur - that said, it does sound a bit premature to say that it is a done deal just yet.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Odd to think that with 2 weeks to go we don't know exactly how many races there will be.....
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

WeirdKerr wrote:Odd to think that with 2 weeks to go we don't know exactly how many races there will be.....

Odd to think that 3 months after everyone travelled to Melbourne for the originally scheduled first round of the year we still don't know how many races there will be...
MCard LOLA
MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx

Looks like we're off to Mugello and Sochi then....a new track and one that's not a Tilkedrome for once
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx wrote:Looks like we're off to Mugello and Sochi then....a new track and one that's not a Tilkedrome for once

Can't see much overtaking at Mugello apart from massive DRS overspeeds along the main straight - maybe possible into the last corner, but in the MotoGP classes that often results in a quick trip to the gravel trap ...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Apparently, the race at Mugello, owned by Ferrari, will be Ferrari's 1000th race..
MCard LOLA