2018/19 Free Agency: Open season

The place for current RWRS universe and "canon" historical series
DemocalypseNow

Re: 2018/19 Free Agency: Open season

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Nismo Academy Voeckler extends offers to Kyoko Katayama and Rayyan Amirmoez to race for its AutoReject 2.0 squad in 2020.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

The Redline Driver Development Program (RDDP) would like to extend an offer to retired F1RICS driver Brendon Cassidy, Jr. to a driver mentor role from the 2020 season.

The program was formed to discover hidden talents who want to move up the AutoReject racing ladder with three drivers currently on the books including touring car driver James Smith (GBR) and hopeful F4 drivers Lindsay Blackman (NZL) & Felipe Ribeiro (BRA).

We would be thrilled to aquire a driver who has competed at the level Brendon has to mentor our young drivers and can’t wait to hear a response.
Knows two facts about ducks and both of them are wrong
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

As the original DEC owner I feel like I should just point out Brendon Cassidy Jr originally retired to focus on running Cassidy Racing. Not that I want to stand in the way or anything, but whoever runs the RNG may (or may not) want to factor that in.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

Salamander wrote:As the original DEC owner I feel like I should just point out Brendon Cassidy Jr originally retired to focus on running Cassidy Racing. Not that I want to stand in the way or anything, but whoever runs the RNG may (or may not) want to factor that in.

Ah okay, makes sense and I will respect that

Then I will bid on Lawrence Tucker then for the exact same role (if that’s okay Salamander)
Knows two facts about ducks and both of them are wrong
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

FortiWinks wrote:
Salamander wrote:As the original DEC owner I feel like I should just point out Brendon Cassidy Jr originally retired to focus on running Cassidy Racing. Not that I want to stand in the way or anything, but whoever runs the RNG may (or may not) want to factor that in.

Ah okay, makes sense and I will respect that

Then I will bid on Lawrence Tucker then for the exact same role (if that’s okay Salamander)

That's no problem at all. :)
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

DemocalypseNow wrote:Nismo Academy Voeckler extends offers to Kyoko Katayama and Rayyan Amirmoez to race for its AutoReject 2.0 squad in 2020.

RNG says yee.

Done.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

I've agreed to transfer Aimée Gauthier's DEC back to Salamander.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

aggi, Alg2159, Bandon23, BKGlover, Gonzalez, matisena, Normal32, Salamander, TomDilain, MinardiFan95, RonDenisDeletraz, V8fan12

Please confirm by Jan. 5, 2021 (23:59 PT) whether you intend to retain control over the drivers listed in the above doc that are pertinent to you by replying in this thread.

Once this deadline passes, preparations will proceed for a Free Agency draft of the drivers listed. More details to come.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I'll keep my boys (Ortega, Anez, and Rudiartono) in my hands.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

FMecha wrote:I'll keep my boys (Ortega, Anez, and Rudiartono) in my hands.

I've removed these from the sheet :)
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Right, let's get this underway.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Phase One, the bidding process, will last from 6 January, 2022 (21:00 PT) until 20 January, 2022 (23:59 PT). During this phase, any user directly and presently involved in the ASMF in a formal capacity (team owner, driver/DEC manager) may bid for any of the DECs listed in the Google Sheet provided above. A bid must contain an explicit description of the bidder's intentions for the driver in question (e.g. "Race Team shall bid for Agnes Hertz, with the intention of entering her into Generic F3 Series. As Race Team runs a race team in Generic F3 Series, Race Team can thus guarantee its offer for Ms. Hertz").

The attractiveness of a bid is contingent upon the following factors:

1. Prospect for career progression/maintenance: Drivers will generally prefer bids where the bidder can promise career progression (e.g. a driver moving from F3 to F2) or, at least, ensure that the driver in question remains at their present competitive level. Individual cases may differ - specifically, category transitions due to age or stagnation will likely be considered outside of this framework - but these cases will be assessed correspondingly on an individual basis, and drivers preferring offers that leave them at least indifferent will stand as a general principle.

2. Credibility/risk of offer: Drivers will generally prefer bids where the bidder can guarantee the offer through direct team ownership, or where the bidder is able to present a receipt of an agreement with an existing team owner for the driver's seat. "Best Effort" bids are, of course, welcome, and occasionally inevitable, but will generally be considered inferior compared to a guaranteed bid.

3. History/prestige of bidder: Drivers will take the competitive history/perceived competence of the bidder into consideration, where there are multiple competing bids for the same driver. In such an instance, drivers will generally prefer bids from the more successful bidder, as determined by recorded competitive results.

If a bid contains an offer that is ineligible - that is, a driver is presented with an offer to race in a series that they are ineligible for - the bid in question will be disqualified if necessary amendments are not made by the deadline. It is incumbent on the bidder to determine driver eligibility prior to submitting a bid. If you are unsure about whether the driver you intend to enter into a series meets that series' eligibility requirements, please refer to the series rules contained in either the series thread, or the Wiki, or contact the series manager of the series in question.

Bid away!
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

I would like to take Vaclav Malsyz, as I would like to give him a chance in Formula 2 driving for Charouz Racing System, or on loan for another team in the series if there's a suitable need.

Same goes for European Formula 3 and driver Carla Wilkinson.
Last edited by Dom_Wings on 07 Jan 2022, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

I would like to take Lauren Kendrick, with a view to getting her either a reserve or a full-time seat in Formula 1 at Loonmotor, or perhaps AutoGP, depending on the situations that arise.
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

I would like to take both Imelda Hermann and Verania Andrés with the goal of entering both of them in a potential American F3 entry for 2021. Failing that, I should ensure that both of them have a seat in either American or European F3.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

The Red Bull Junior Team would like to offer the below drivers a development contract with the aim of bringing them towards the top of the motorsport pyramid. This would involve them being placed within teams on the F3 level initially.

Paolo Leonetti
Michael McManus
Jemma Triggs
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

I'd like to offer a contract to the following drivers:

Rayyan Amirmoez, with the promise to keep her around in ARL for the 2020/21 season.
John Davis, with the promise to give him a seat in Auto2, with my team.
Alejandro de la Vega, with the aim to get him a seat at F3 level (currently not owning a team)
Alex Smith, with the aim to get him a seat at F3 level (currently not owning a team)
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

The Couteau Youth Genetics & Neurobiological Enhancement Team (C.Y.G.N.E.T.) (formerly the Astro Racing Stars) is looking for new recruits to its scientific testing, training and augmentation program.

It would formally like to invite Rayyan Amirmoez, Skye Summers and Dakota Summers onto the program, with the promise of finding them seats in Auto2 for the 2021 season.

Amirmoez will also be allowed to pursue an ARL seat during the off-season.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

And with that, we move on to Phase Two, the RNG process, which, thanks to the comparative paucity of competing offers, should be a bit of a cinch. All offers were valid, which means that all DECs that were recipients of sole bids will default to their respective bidders. For the sake of facilitating future reference and general convenience, the new DEC allocations will be listed below:

Dom_Wings:

Vaclav Malsyz
Carla Wilkinson

Frogfoot9013:

Lauren Kendrick

novitopoli:

Imelda Hermann
Verania Andres

Pinkd56:

Paolo Leonetti
Michael McManus
Jemma Triggs

Hermann95:

John Davis
Alejandro de la Vega
Alex Smith

Ataxia:

Skye Summers
Dakota Summers

Rayyan Amirmoez has found herself the recipient of two competing bids:

MarchSixteen Racing, an Austrian outfit, has promised her a seat in the African Racing League for the 2020/2021 season. Amirmoez notes that MarchSixteen is officially on the shortlist for new ARL team slots, which improves the credibility of the offer in her mind, and while MarchSixteen doesn't have an especially extensive history to evaluate, the absence of any associated controversy and MarchSixteen's presence in Auto2 essentially balance out any potential reticence pertaining to lack of pedigree.

C.Y.G.N.E.T., the former Astro Racing Stars, has invited Amirmoez to participate in its driver development program, with a promise of finding her a seat in Auto2, on top of allowing her to continue to participate in ARL during the off-season. Amirmoez is flattered by the attention from a prestigious organisation such as Astro, and the promise of a promotion to Auto2 appeals to her sense of ambition, but she is concerned that C.Y.G.N.E.T. cannot strictly guarantee a seat in either Auto2 or ARL.

1-65: Amirmoez leaps at the chance to join Astro, and bets that the organisation's proven clout and competence, and the apparently prospects at progression attached to the offer, will compensate for the absence of a strictly guaranteed seat.
66-100: Amirmoez plays it "safe", and opts for MarchSixteen's guaranteed ARL offer.

RNG says...53!

Rayyan Amirmoez makes her nest with C.Y.G.N.E.T., and trusts that the Astro Racing Group will propel her to the next level in Auto2. Ataxia is Amirmoez's new DEC holder.