Login Trouble

Resolved problems & previous planned downtimes.
Turbogirl

Login Trouble

Post by Turbogirl »

I've encountered some strange glitch - for lack of a better term. Since I've returned, the website logs me out on its own after a certain amount of time, despite me being "logged on automatically". At first it didn't happen too often, but since a few days ago I can't stay logged in for longer than a couple of seconds.

It kicks me out when I click on a different subforum, it kicks me out when I try to post stuff, it kicks me out when I click on the preview button before posting, it even kicks me out when I do nothing at all.

FAQ suggests that it could be because of my 4 years of inactivity. But I suppose it could also be that I've caused a glitch by updating parts of my profile recently and clicking on something I shouldn't have clicked on. Wouldn't put that past me...

Since I have no trouble with any other forum I'm subscribed to, and since I can't be the only one using IE, chances are the glitch lies somewhere within the GPRejects forum coding.

Thank you in advance for looking into this!
DemocalypseNow

Re: Login Trouble

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Turbogirl wrote:Since I have no trouble with any other forum I'm subscribed to, and since I can't be the only one using IE, chances are the glitch lies somewhere within the GPRejects forum coding.

Thank you in advance for looking into this!

Hello,

Cookie settings use a universal code which is supported by IE11. We don't promise any compatibility with IE versions earlier than IE11, as Microsoft no longer supports these.

I would suggest purging your cookie and cache data for gprejects.com by following the instructions located here.

Also, give another browser like Chrome a try for a day or two and see if the issue also occurs there.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

DemocalypseNow wrote:Hello,

Cookie settings use a universal code which is supported by IE11. We don't promise any compatibility with IE versions earlier than IE11, as Microsoft no longer supports these.

I would suggest purging your cookie and cache data for gprejects.com by following the instructions located here.

Also, give another browser like Chrome a try for a day or two and see if the issue also occurs there.

Thank you so much for your quick response! :)

I'm using IE11, so that can't be the problem (thank god). And after I did the purge, things seem to be normal again. I've been logged in this morning for more than 20 minutes, clicking on subforums and posts like a crazy person, without encountering the glitch a single time.

EDIT: Make that 2 sessions of more than 20 minutes, including posting a rather long and complex announcement. That should mean I'm safe from the glitch, right?

Weird, but satisfying. Must be one of those once-in-a-lifetime-glitches then. Should it happen again, I'll try out one of the other browsers.

Thanks again for your help! See you around!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Turbogirl wrote:Weird, but satisfying. Must be one of those once-in-a-lifetime-glitches then. Should it happen again, I'll try out one of the other browsers.

Thanks again for your help! See you around!

No problem! It sounds like there was a mismatch between your cache information and our database's session information. If it happens again, always try clearing cache and cookies before anything more drastic!

[Moving to closed tickets]
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image