Other American Team....

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Fitch

Other American Team....

Post by Fitch »

I just had a thought......I think I've figured out who this Other American Team Bernie has talked about is.........of course it makes Perfect sense.......He said a few years ago he was VERY Interested in Formula 1 but he wouldn't be involved if it was gonna cost him $100 Million just to be moderately competitive, but now that the Budget Caps are coming......Of Course....

Why was I so Dumb........

the other team??

Penske
Rentragmuab Tlosz!!!!!
Captain Hammer

Re: Other American Team....

Post by Captain Hammer »

You're drawing your conclusions based on a vague press release issued by the FIA a week ago? There has been nothing to indicate Penske is even interested in returning to Formula One. Sure, they've been in the sport before, but that was thirty years ago, and Formula One is now a vastly different beast. Aside from that press release, there has been no word as to who that American team might be or if they even exist at all. And even if it is Penske, there are at least four very strong teams already in contention.

Also, as a side note, your posting style - long trails of full stops and random, unnecessary capitalisation of words - makes it really dirricult to read your posts. When I first read that on, I thought you meant Bernie Ecclestone would field a team under the Penske name.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
rffp

Post by rffp »

15 years ago, when Penske built their own chassis, that could be a possibility, but I don't think Roger wants to come back.
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
Fitch

Post by Fitch »

Roger Himself stated about 3 or so years ago. That he was very interested in Formula 1, but he was not interested in spending $100million just to be a backmarker, and if they could bring costs way down he would consider it.

Well, now costs are looking to be coming way down......
Rentragmuab Tlosz!!!!!
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Penske built their own IndyCar/CART chassis until 1999, but their facility in Poole (Dorset) here in the UK has been shut down. I'm sure they could easily build a car in the States, but the question is what's in it for Penske? What is the benefit for Penske from entering Formula 1 and probably struggling for at least a few years?
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Faustus wrote:Penske built their own IndyCar/CART chassis until 1999, but their facility in Poole (Dorset) here in the UK has been shut down. I'm sure they could easily build a car in the States, but the question is what's in it for Penske? What is the benefit for Penske from entering Formula 1 and probably struggling for at least a few years?

Especially considering their Marlboro money wouldn't be there.