FIA - FOTA War: no white smoke

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
CarlosFerreira

FIA - FOTA War: no white smoke

Post by CarlosFerreira »

As expected:

The FIA's crunch meeting with teams ended without agreement on Friday as the governing body refused to compromise over plans for a two-tier category.

Max Mosley said there had been 'friendly' discussions with teams but that the FIA was not willing to back down over its plans for a £40 million cap.

Teams have now gone into another meeting to discuss their response to the FIA's stance.

Furthermore, it emerged during the meeting that Ferrari has lodged legal action in the French courts to block the 2010 rules - claiming their introduction was a breach of a technical veto they had.

Ferrari is trying to stay. Any announcement of a new Championship next year will be a preliminary idea.

I'd quite like to know where Bernie stands on this one. I have a feeling he'll drop the FIA if things get really ugly.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
rffp

Re: FIA - FOTA War: no white smoke

Post by rffp »

CarlosFerreira wrote:I'd quite like to know where Bernie stands on this one. I have a feeling he'll drop the FIA if things get really ugly.

Bernie will side with the championship that has a higher return on his invested money!

I hope they work out this, it will be a disaster for F-1 to split.
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
Yannick

Re: FIA - FOTA War: no white smoke

Post by Yannick »

rffp wrote:Bernie will side with the championship that has a higher return on his invested money!

I hope they work out this, it will be a disaster for F-1 to split.

That would be the current F1 championship. But he could make even more money if FOTA and FIA battle it out until after May 29th when teams must confirm their continuation. If they decide to continue later than that, they will probably get the status of a "new team" even though they are not, and lose all the TV money they would get from this year and next year to Bernie and CVC.

Maybe that is the only real reason for this feud.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."