2018-19 Africa Racing League - Round 9 - Season Complete!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
TomWazzleshaw

Re: 2018-19 Africa Racing League - Preparations (Entries clo

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ataxia wrote:Alg2159 has the chance to enter, if I hear nothing by Friday from him then I'll leave it at 19 entries.

If worse comes to worse, could one of the one car teams expand to a second car? Venezuelan driver Antonio Didac Puerta is interested in driving in the series, and funding the second car for someone through his backers to do so (Spoiler: It's not Jooky :P )
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
alg2159

Post by alg2159 »

I am delighted to have a chance to participate in this exciting competition. I remind you my entry :

Team Name: Tanzania Panthera Racing Team
Nationality: Tanzania
Driver 1: Samora Mondlane (waiting for confirmation)
Livery plans (colour scheme, sponsors, etc.): Green and Blue (Major colors) and Black and Yellows stripes and sponsorship Panthera Compétition
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

We've got a full field of entries, and a full field of colourful liveries! Thanks to all those who helped, and I hope you guys like them:

Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
FantometteBR

Re: 2018-19 Africa Racing League - Preparations (Liveries do

Post by FantometteBR »

Looking darn good these ones!
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2018-19 Africa Racing League - Preparations (Liveries do

Post by Ataxia »

2018-19 Africa Racing League - Round 1 - Kyalami Racing Circuit, 2nd December 2018

...and we begin our season! Feedback on the video coverage is welcome, since it's my first go at this sort of thing. Marrakech, Abuja and a TBD round will also get videos.

Qualifying Results

>>Race Highlights<<

Classified Race Results
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2018-19 Africa Racing League - R1: KYALAMI

Post by novitopoli »

Not the beginning we had hoped for. Zaituni was great, she pushed herself up to the front during the first laps, yet the car has for some reason lost power at the end, leading to our driver having to give up most of the places she had made good. But we're confident we will do far better next time around.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2018-19 Africa Racing League - R2: PHAKISA

Post by Ataxia »

2018-19 Africa Racing League - Round 2 - Phakisa Freeway, 9th December 2018

The 2nd round of the ARL threw up some unusual results, although the winner was ultimately unsurprising; Marcel Agyemang-Badu dominated the race from start to finish. Naas Botha spent most of the race in 2nd, but made an unforced error on lap 15 and resulted in the South African having to pit with some damage. Zaituni Dileita and Rayyan Amirmoez put in some impressive drives to take the other two podium spaces, as others around them made a multitude of errors.

Qualifying Results

Classified Race Results
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2018-19 Africa Racing League - R2: PHAKISA

Post by Ataxia »

2018-19 Africa Racing League - Round 3 - Killarney Motor Racing Complex, 16th December 2018

Qualifying Results

Race Results

Championship Standings
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2018-19 Africa Racing League - R3: Killarney

Post by novitopoli »

Not quite the weekend we had hoped for after the fantastic race at Phakisa. Pity Zaituni couldn't find free road in qualifying, as we feel her performance was worth more than 18th.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

At last Iordanou is on the board! Long overdue.

Disappointing though that Badu lost the win to a driver that started two rows behind him. I suppose it was always going to be DvR vs Badu for the title, wasn't it?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

#ItGetsBetter(OrNot?)

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

2018-19 Africa Racing League - Round 4 - Ain-Diab Circuit, 30th December 2018

Qualifying Results

Race Results
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2018-19 Africa Racing League - R4 - Ain-Diab

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Alexi Schnass wrote:Excellent performance Malik! Even with the busy schedule this year you continue to impress. Next race is good practice for ARWS, so no pressure right?

Malik Zidan wrote:I almost had Marcel at the end of it. These guys put up quite a fight! If they race as hard as they did today then I'll have quite a challenge next race. Here is a chance to sharpen my skills for ARWS, so I plan to give it my all!
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2018-19 Africa Racing League - R4 - Ain-Diab

Post by Ataxia »

2018-19 Africa Racing League - Round 5 - Circuit International Automobile Moulay El Hassan, 6th January 2019

Race Highlights

Classified Results

Current Standings
DemocalypseNow

Re: 2018-19 Africa Racing League - R4 & 5! (Marrakech vid)

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Marcel Agyemang-Badu wrote:Zidan is a talentless hack. Praise god he is not coming back for the rest of the championship, he destroyed any chance I had of a good result. I can't afford another bad weekend like that, or van Rijkens will disappear into the distance.

Image Image
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2018-19 Africa Racing League - R4 & 5! (Marrakech vid)

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Malik Zidan wrote:Those curbs are sharper than they look. I almost had a heart attack from that! Sorry that mi mistake costed our team results, but I've learned a ton from these two races.

I thank Equipe África de Automobilismo for providing the opportunity to give me some racetime in Morocco and I wish them the best for the rest of the season!
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2018-19 Africa Racing League - Round 6 - RUSTY TONY

Post by Ataxia »

2018-19 Africa Racing League - Round 6 - Tony Rust Race Track, Namibia, 13th January 2019

Qualifying Results

Race Results

Championship Standings

Sorry guys, didn't really have the time to video this one.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Marcel Agyemang-Badu wrote:We played it cool with the tyre deg, knowing that they'd blister pretty badly if I pushed them to the maximum from the beginning. It was a case of just biding my time, accepting some guys would be more aggressive and pass, but that I'd get them back in the second half. I admit I cut it a bit fine! But we got there, the approach worked, and that's what matters, maximum points on the board.

Fotis Iordanou wrote:It seems it took coming to Tony Rust to shake off my own rustiness! Result was much better today, improving all the time, now the aim is to start finishing on the podium for the rest of the year.

Image Image
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Tough days for us...

Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2018-19 Africa Racing League - Round 7 - Abuja

Post by Ataxia »

2018-19 Africa Racing League - Round 7 - P-Minus Abuja Circuit, Nigeria, 27 January 2019

Qualifying Results

Race Results

Standings

motorsport.com wrote:Abuja not to return to 2019-20 ARL calendar

After a series of circuit-induced front wing failures in the Abuja round of the Africa Racing League, it has been reported that the series will not return to the Nigerian circuit over safety concerns.

The circuit was recently funded by Prince Falik, but the race was characterised by a number of wing breakages due to the high kerbing at the circuit. It is understood that the circuit management does not wish to change the kerbs for future races, and so the ARL organisers will apparently take business elsewhere.

It is also expected that the Phakisa Raceway will also not return for a second season, although a decision for the South African venue will be taken later.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Yes Nelson! Finally a point! :D
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2018-19 Africa Racing League - Round 8 - Benguela

Post by Ataxia »

2018-19 Africa Racing League - Round 8 - Autódromo de Benguela, Angola, 3 February 2019

Race Highlights Video

Race Results

Standings
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2018-19 Africa Racing League - Round 8 - Benguela (video

Post by Ataxia »

2018-19 Africa Racing League - Round 9 - Kyalami Racing Circuit, South Africa, 10 February 2019

Qualifying Results

Race Results

Final Standings

The first season of the ARL is now at the end, and Marcel Agyemang-Badu becomes the series winner.