2016 Grande, GRANDE, GRANDE PRÊMIO DO BRASILLLLLL!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Ataxia
Not Important

2016 Grande, GRANDE, GRANDE PRÊMIO DO BRASILLLLLL!

Post by Ataxia »

Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 Grande, GRANDE, GRANDE PRÊMIO DO BRASILLLLLL!

Post by novitopoli »

Wonder whether that extra hard set could pay off for Force India.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

E É FELIPE, FELIPE, FELIPE MASSSAAA DO BRASIIIIIIIIIIL!!!!!!! *play song*

Anyway, Rosberg champion. This weekend. Hopefully.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Miguel98 wrote:E É FELIPE, FELIPE, FELIPE MASSSAAA DO BRASIIIIIIIIIIL!!!!!!! *play song*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRig_vpH8qw
#FreeGonzo
andrew

Post by andrew »

If the soft tyre turns out to be like bubblegum and the hard tyre turns out to be very good, everyone will be stuffed, what where the choices for Brazil last year?
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

andrew wrote:If the soft tyre turns out to be like bubblegum and the hard tyre turns out to be very good, everyone will be stuffed, what where the choices for Brazil last year?

The choices were soft and medium, according to Wikipedia.

I'm also gonna second Miguel and hope that Rosberg gets the championship this weekend. I'm probably gonna jinx it though, knowing me.
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

It will be amazing irony if Massa somehow hands Rosberg the championship by spinning out on the last lap :P
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

It is well known that Williams always mess up their strategy somehow. Seeing that they are the only team to pick nine sets of softs, I'm going to assume that the softs will last 3 laps before depleting. Therefore I'm fully expecting a Force India 1-2.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
mario

Post by mario »

Rob Dylan wrote:It is well known that Williams always mess up their strategy somehow. Seeing that they are the only team to pick nine sets of softs, I'm going to assume that the softs will last 3 laps before depleting. Therefore I'm fully expecting a Force India 1-2.

There are some long range weather reports which suggest there could be unsettled weather conditions during the race weekend - given how rubbish they usually are in those conditions, it's more likely that they'll just flounder about at the slightest of rain and promptly plummet down the grid.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Benetton

Post by Benetton »

Looks like there is a real possibility of rain for Sunday now. This will be a good race I hope after the snoozefest that was Mexico.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Benetton wrote:Looks like there is a real possibility of rain for Sunday now. This will be a good race I hope after the snoozefest that was Mexico.

Rain in Brazil always makes for an exciting race but how many times has rain been forecast for raceday only for the sun to be cracking the slabs by Sunday? Weird.
Just For One Day...
mario

Post by mario »

CoopsII wrote:
Benetton wrote:Looks like there is a real possibility of rain for Sunday now. This will be a good race I hope after the snoozefest that was Mexico.

Rain in Brazil always makes for an exciting race but how many times has rain been forecast for raceday only for the sun to be cracking the slabs by Sunday? Weird.

Well, at the moment it looks like the teams seem to believe that there is a risk of rain today - the drivers seem to be going out on fast runs in this session, when normally they'd do that in FP2. I agree that the forecasts have been rather hit and miss and there is a good chance that it will turn out to be perfectly dry instead, but it looks like the teams are trying to cover off the possibility of rain right now.

Thinking about it, rainy conditions are probably not what Rosberg would want right now - from his point of view, he probably has more to lose - since it is more likely to bring the Red Bull drivers into play - than gaining from the circumstances.
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
andrew

Post by andrew »

Grosjean :facepalm: :facepalm:
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

ROTR done and dusted. No need to vote.

Also, if we look at Rosberg's track record in the wet, this could absolutely ruin his Championship.
mario

Post by mario »

Aislabie wrote:ROTR done and dusted. No need to vote.

Also, if we look at Rosberg's track record in the wet, this could absolutely ruin his Championship.

If ever you wanted a demonstration of how quickly a driver can fall from grace, that was it - though given how bad the track looked in some corners, he might not be the last one spinning off.

Speaking of Rosberg, the only consolation for him is that Grosjean's accident probably increases the likelihood of a safety car start - if they do go ahead with a safety car start, it might provide him with some protection during the opening laps of the race.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Delayed start.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Riccardo pitted when the pit lane was closed.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Yep, and Horner (and his friends at Sky) are making as many excuses as possible to get around it.

They should have red flagged it as soon as Ericsson stopped in the pit lane quite honestly.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Barbazza wrote:Yep, and Horner (and his friends at Sky) are making as many excuses as possible to get around it.

They should have red flagged it as soon as Ericsson stopped in the pit lane quite honestly.

Remember, red bull are immune and can do no wrong.
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Insane race so far. Three close calls... I'm sure we won't see a restart for a while. Will we even make it to 75% and full points?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I actually closed my eyes when they switched to Kimi's onboard midway through the crash, where that Manor is inches away from hitting Kimi head on.

I haven't been this scared watching Formula One since Suzuka 2014. Red flag totally the correct call. :|
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This race may well be worth missing the evening service at church for. After all, someone has to pray for safety...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
mario

Post by mario »

East Londoner wrote:I actually closed my eyes when they switched to Kimi's onboard midway through the crash, where that Manor is inches away from hitting Kimi head on.

I haven't been this scared watching Formula One since Suzuka 2014. Red flag totally the correct call. :|

There have been quite a few close calls now, and that was a particularly close call in a very uncomfortable place - they had to throw the red flag by that point, because there is no way they could have got his car out of there.

Now, it looks like Ricciardo and Massa have both got time penalties - however, they both seem to have been given fairly lenient penalties (5 seconds) for their offences (Verstappen seems to have gotten away with it as I think that, by the time that the race directors could react and issue an instruction, he'd already pulled into the pit lane).
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

FOM coverage has been awful again - missing things completely (Gutierrez went off earlier, and we've just heard about a Kvyat / Palmer clash) and taking forever to get replays up. Is it just me that thinks they've been very shoddy this season?
andrew

Post by andrew »

Barbazza wrote:FOM coverage has been awful again - missing things completely (Gutierrez went off earlier, and we've just heard about a Kvyat / Palmer clash) and taking forever to get replays up. Is it just me that thinks they've been very shoddy this season?

Palmer just drove into kvyat
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

This has all been a bit farcical, hasn't it?

Another F1 winner.....
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

This is like a bad dream :facepalm:
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Of course, if they'd started it behind the safety car on the hour as they should have done, we'd have had at least a bit more racing.

As it is they've given a big win to Nasr and Sauber by default. Which is a bit shite, to be honest.
andrew

Post by andrew »

The track will not get safer with nothing going round it.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Absolutely, and if F1 can't even listen to the DRIVERS any more then I'm done with it, quite honestly.
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Barbazza wrote:As it is they've given a big win to Nasr and Sauber by default. Which is a bit shite, to be honest.

Or have they? Ricciardo has a five-second penalty so he would drop behind the Manors. This would mean (if there are no more racing laps), Manor gets ten points (five with half points) and Sauber get eight (or four with half points), with Manor having already scored that one crucial point...
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Meatwad wrote:Or have they? Ricciardo has a five-second penalty so he would drop behind the Manors. This would mean (if there are no more racing laps), Manor gets ten points (five with half points) and Sauber get eight (or four with half points), with Manor having already scored that one crucial point...

Oh yeah, good point! So Renault would lose out? I'm fine with that tbh!
Benetton

Post by Benetton »

What a farce FIA!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Benetton wrote:What a farce FIA!

A FIAsco?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
andrew

Post by andrew »

Meatwad wrote:
Barbazza wrote:As it is they've given a big win to Nasr and Sauber by default. Which is a bit shite, to be honest.

Or have they? Ricciardo has a five-second penalty so he would drop behind the Manors. This would mean (if there are no more racing laps), Manor gets ten points (five with half points) and Sauber get eight (or four with half points), with Manor having already scored that one crucial point...

The 8 points would move Sauber ahead of Renualt.
johnnyl

Post by johnnyl »

What a complete joke. Reject was gonna be Grosjean but the FIA take the biscuit now.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

I don't see what's worth complaining about in a situation where Sainz can finally unrejectify himself, Manor get a double points finish and Sauber also score. You can't have your cake and eat it. :P
#FreeGonzo
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Simtek wrote:I don't see what's worth complaining about in a situation where Sainz can finally unrejectify himself, Manor get a double points finish and Sauber also score. You can't have your cake and eat it. :P

Not when Haryanto isn't driving one of the Manors :(
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Tony Hancock wrote:This is GLK London calling HB24D Tokyo area, GLK London calling HB24D Tokyo, come in Tokyo, hello hello, HB24D Tokyo... Yoki! How are you? ...no, no, no, how are you? ...no, no, how... are... you? (...) Oh, never mind, what's the weather like out there? ...no, what is the weather like? No, no. Is it raining? Raining? Pitter-patter, water! Water, wet, ooh, nasty! ...hello, hello? Yes, yes, yes... listening, go ahead... hmm, sorry, what was that... yes. I can hear, no... understand... I cannot understand... no comprendi! Say it slowly! Slow... can you put it another way? ...in English, fool! Slowly now, slowly now, yes... it... is... are... raining... not. Oh, good! Very good, yes! It is are raining not here also!

Yuji Ide wrote:This HB24D here. It is are raining not in Tokyo.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

Hopefully this will be the last red flag but if they stop it again because of the weather I suspect they will just award half points
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject