Your Reject of the Race - Mexico

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Londoner

Your Reject of the Race - Mexico

Post by Londoner »

1. Haas - Dear christ alive they were terrible today. Gutierrez instigated the lap 1 fracas, and they still haven't solved their braking problems. Hell, they very nearly finished dead last.

2. Felipe Nasr - Seriously making a bid for ROTY now. He was completely outclassed by Ericsson all weekend.

I refuse to nominate anything regarding the controversy during the final few laps/post race, because to be honest it's absolutely hilarious. :D
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Miguel98

Re: Your Reject of the Race - Mexico

Post by Miguel98 »

1. Haas
2. David Croft
Last edited by Miguel98 on 30 Oct 2016, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

1. Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez

2. Anyone that votes for Gutierrez as ROTR
Last edited by Normal32 on 01 Nov 2016, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

1. Crofty - for making Paul di Resta audibly cringe in Free Practice with "You want to know a pirate's favourite team? Ferr-arrrrgh-i". Kindergarten level, fam.

2. Esteban Gutierrez - just go away.

PS: Anyone who nominates Vettel's team radio antics is a colossal melt.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

1. Haas F1 Team: By far their worst race weekend. Grosjean qualified last of the drivers that set a lap time, Gutiérrez was also eliminated in Q1 and crashed into Wehrlein and Ericsson on first lap, and both drivers were among the last three finishers. This just a week after Grosjean scored a point for them.
2. Esteban Gutiérrez: He deserves a separate mention for ruining Wehrlein's race (and almost Ericsson's as well). He should have got a penalty and I think he might have been given one if the race hadn't been in his home country.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

1 - Haas: Easily the worst weekend of the team. I'm starting to wonder Gutierrez getting out of here could be good for him.

2 - The Stewards: For the classic lack of consistency which only adds more fuel to conspiracy theories.

Special mention for Carlos Sainz for almost causing a huge pile up for forcing Alonso of the track in the first lap.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

1- Haas- totally awful all weekend

2- Toro Rosso- Almost just as bad.

HM- Vettel on the radio- Seriously swearing at the stewards? If you do that in football you get sent off and face a ban. Keep your emotions in check. Verstappen was going to get that penalty anyway.
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

1. This dismal excuse for a former racetrack, did Trulli design the DRS zones?
2. Haas - nowhere. Character building times ahead.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

This may be quite a long post...

1. Corner Cutting (and the stewarding of it): both Hamilton and Verstappen got clearly unfair advantages which spoilt the battles for their places and didn't have to give up the position. If there was a gravel run-off (or a barrier) they would be out or a long way down, so I don't see why they receive so little punishment. Also, at the very least they could have been consistent and given Hamilton a penalty- it wouldn't have even changed the result.

2. Haas: hopelessly slow, with inter-team bickering spoiling any strategy in both quali and the race.

DHM:
Mclaren: no pace again
Toro Rosso: ditto
Gutierrez: ruined Wehrlein's race and nearly ruined Ericsson's.
Booing on the podium
Nasr: utterly outclassed by his teammate.
Verstappen: petulant, arrogant and ignored team orders.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
andrew

Post by andrew »

Haas/ corner cutting. Haas had no pace all weekend simple as, they were awful. Gutierrez driving liking a pillock on lap one.
Corner cutting. Hamilton gained an advantage on lap one (this was made bigger by Verstappen v Rosberg) and Verstappen against Vettel. There need to be a bigger deterrent for just flooring it across the grass, maybe a little chicane thing like in Russia on the run off area

David crofts constant bigger up of Joloyn Palmer, saying if it weren't for Russia he would be ahead of Kmag on points. Russia did happen Croft and what you seem to forget is that Palmer was directly behind Kmag when the SC came out in Russia and yet finished I think 14th
Psyclepath

Post by Psyclepath »

1. Nasr - Was he even there?

2. Haas - Trailed the field.

HM: Raikkonen - not dreadful but really uninspiring.
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

1) Corner cutting and general stewarding.

2) Those two godawful stadium sections.
lance_rambert

Post by lance_rambert »

1. The Stewards - In regards to the corner cutting: Lewis doesn't get anything, but Max did. Does Lewis get a pass because he was the leader? He shouldn't, because he clearly pulled out a long gap after pulling that stunt in turn 1. At least with Max, we know for sure he stayed ahead of Seb by doing his corner-cut.

Now we get to the post-race penalty that Seb got stuck with. They decide to heavily penalize him for something that was nowhere near as much of a jerkwad move than anything Max did at Spa. He did indeed move under braking, but that move was more along the lines of "I don't want to plow into the back of Max because he was blocking like a total ____." This is very much unlike the crap Max pulled at Spa, which would fall under the category of "Bathplug safety, I'm moving to block his ass no matter what." I also wanted to rip into Max's antics after cutting T1, but his moves did follow the letter of the rulebook. However, the moves were pretty shady, not helped by doing it after cutting the corner.

I also absolutely disagree with the degree of the penalty. Ten bloody seconds AND two penalty points. What the hell for?! Sure, Seb broke the rule, but that surely didn't warrant ten f**king seconds, let alone the two license points! He didn't have the same malicious intent like Max or Schumacher at Spa. Neither did a huge accident happen. If someone else breaks the rule, that driver better get the same punishment.

If not, then it's safe to call the FIA the end-all-be-all poster child of inconsistent stewarding/punishments. Nothing NASCAR does at this point will top that. If they decided to actually punish Max for Spa, I wouldn't be moaning about this in the first place.

2. Gene Haas - Both racing teams were complete garbage, again. At least try to not look unknown and more crap then Sauber/Manor. Or at least spin one of the Gibbs-Toyotas out the championship.
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

10. Haas

6. stewards penalties
mario

Post by mario »

lance_rambert wrote:1. The Stewards - In regards to the corner cutting: Lewis doesn't get anything, but Max did. Does Lewis get a pass because he was the leader? He shouldn't, because he clearly pulled out a long gap after pulling that stunt in turn 1. At least with Max, we know for sure he stayed ahead of Seb by doing his corner-cut.

In the case of Hamilton, I think that the reason he wasn't penalised was that he then intentionally slowed down on the straight between Turns 2 and 3 to allow the pack to catch back up to him, thereby negating any advantage he gained at the first turn. In the case of Verstappen, he just put his foot down and continued on as if he hadn't cut the corner at all, and therefore did gain an advantage.

With regards to the degree of the penalty being meted out to Vettel, I suspect that making the penalty harsher than usual is the FIA's way of implicitly punishing him for his attack on Whiting and on the stewards.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

The Race - I don't normally nominate the race but I really couldn't wait for the bloody thing to finish last night. I didn't watch last years because of the late highlights broadcast time and it looked and sounded like it had been a good one but this year just seemed like watching traffic. Which leads on to..

When Something Exciting Did Happen It Appeared To Be A Bad Thing - Wheel banging, angry drivers, risky overtaking moves. All these things seemed to cause uproar somewhere whether it was with the stewards, the media or David f.ucking Coulthard.
Just For One Day...
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

1. Haas - Pnowhere during the whole weekend. The only good thing they did was indirectly contributing to Ericsson's IIDOTR.

2. Felipe Massa - Sad to say it, but I understand why both Vettel and Perez were losing patience.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

1. Sebastian Vettel - whether he was right or not, those final few laps just left a sour feeling for me. After being told to calm down and get on with it, he does the complete opposite, has a breakdown and blames absolutely everybody under the sun. The mature thing for the four-time winner of the Formula 1 world drivers championship would be to stfu and get with it, but instead he filled the entire final 5 minutes with expletives. I was genuinely happy to wake up this morning and find out the smug grin he had on his way to the podium would have been wiped out. When Max Verstappen is calling you 'a child', you know you need to calm down :D
2. The 2016 Mexican Grand Prix - for demonstrating Formula 1 in a nutshell. My friend needed a place to stay last night, so I forced him to watch F1 for the first time. Suffice to say, it was an entirely representative race: 1 retirement at the very beginning, nothing for 90 minutes, sudden place changes at the very end, Vettel swearing at everyone, post-race penalties and the guy who finished 5th actually finished 3rd.

HM: Haas - probably more deserving than these, but I felt like ranting
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

1. Haas - Pathetic showing
2. Tarmac runoff areas - This race symbolised why I hate them, drivers just get off scot free
I like the way Snrub thinks!
lance_rambert

Post by lance_rambert »

mario wrote:With regards to the degree of the penalty being meted out to Vettel, I suspect that making the penalty harsher than usual is the FIA's way of implicitly punishing him for his attack on Whiting and on the stewards.

Oddly enough, I kept this in the back of my mind after it got brought up in the IRC, but I didn't want to consider it when I posted by nominations. Should Vettel's post-race radio tirade seriously have any influence in the penalty's degree, then the FIA is setting a very dangerous precedent: "Complain about how we do our job, even if we sucked at it, then we'll hit you as hard as possible for even the smallest offense." I find this utterly reprehensible if this is the case. If the FIA seriously does not want anybody in the F1 circle to complain about them, they should just write up a "Actions Detrimental To Grand Prix Racing" rule and be done with it (I'm not totally sure if "bringing F1 into disrepute" is the equivalent). Don't do this "implied from the stupidly huge penalty" garbage. At least having the rule means you're outright about people complaining.
tBone

Post by tBone »

1 - Sebastian Vettel for exactly what Rob Dylan said.
2 - Esteban Gutierrez for ruining Wehrlein's good qualifying and being woefully slow in his home GP.
YOUR
LOGO

Here
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

1. The third place trophy - The thing's cursed I tell ya.
2. Haas - Excellent job in beating Manor and... oh, they were the only slower team...
#FreeGonzo
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Simtek wrote:1. The third place trophy - The thing's cursed I tell ya.
2. Haas - Excellent job in beating Manor and... oh, they were the only slower team...

think they found the trophy at an Aztec site..... :facepalm:
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

1: Stewarding : Absolutely horrendous in inconsitency and magnitude. Letting Hamilton get scot free for cutting the first corner, giving Max a 5 sec penalty so late and handing Vettel a 10 second one even later. Also, nobody noticed that Hamilton was out of his starting slot by almost half of the car to the side? I thought that was illegal
2: Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez : GOD is the track BORING. No character whatsoever. Even back in the early nineties the only thing the circuit had going for itself was Peraldalta and they frigging butchered it to build a goddamn baseball stadium. Screw Mexico.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)