The 2016 PETRONAS Malaysian Grand Prix Thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Bleu

Re: The 2016 PETRONAS Malaysian Grand Prix Thread

Post by Bleu »

Barbazza wrote:Proof that most F1 fans are morons: Driver of the day = Max Verstappen apparently. Despite at least half a dozen drivers deserving it more - Ricciardo obviously, Rosberg for coming from last and for that awesome dash to make up 10 seconds after the penalty (which was deserved, I think), Bottas for making the Mediums last so long and making strategy work for him for a change, Alonso for finishing so high up from last on the grid, Palmer for also making a long stint work and somehow getting that car into the points even given all the retirements, Ericsson drove well too.

For me, the most controversial choices for DotD have been two of Verstappen ones.

He has a total of five, from which I pretty much agree with Barcelona and Silverstone. Red Bull Ring was OK, although I voted Wehrlein myself.

Now the other two: Montreal and Sepang. The first one should have been Bottas who was in the podium and here Alonso was my favourite. Would have put few others above Max this time.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Very unlucky for Hamilton, you could see by his body language how bad that felt, loosing a potential victory. That still does not justify his comments to the media after the race. Mercedes more than anything want to win the constructors title, why the hell with that goal in mind would they sabotage one of their cars meaning only 1 finishes and they are outscored by red bull.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I do feel slightly bad for Hamilton, but after he inherited the victory at Monaco after Ricciardo's pitcrew cost him a certain win, I can't feel too bad. Plus, seeing Ricciardo finally getting that win was worth the wait. Definitely my driver of the year so far.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
andrew

Post by andrew »

Is it me, or has vettel been far too agressive at starts in recent years? In Brazil 2012 he turned straight into senna, we all saw what happened in Malaysia, and incidents at Belgium and China also illustrate this, it seems to me that Vettel does not seem to recognise the fact that at turn one (or four in Brazil) there will be cars on his inside and thus does not leave enough room causing a collision.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Simtek wrote:http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37539728

There's a lot of common sense behind that saying "When In Rome..."
Just For One Day...
mario

Post by mario »

CoopsII wrote:
Simtek wrote:http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37539728

There's a lot of common sense behind that saying "When In Rome..."

There is a suggestion that this is now beginning to develop into a minor diplomatic scandal, since one of the men who was arrested turned out to be an advisor to the Australian Cabinet Minister Christopher Pyne. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-03/a ... gp/7899216

To make matters worse, it would seem that man has also violated the Australian civil service's conduct codes as well - so it sounds as if it wasn't exactly the smartest thing to do.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/126513/mercedes-yet-to-find-hamilton-failure-cause
"Mercedes still does not know what caused Lewis Hamilton's Formula 1 engine to expire when he was leading the Malaysian Grand Prix, according to Paddy Lowe"

So, would you say that the issue was caused by...
a...
foreign substance?
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I know I am a bit late but...

RICCIARDO WAS BLOODY BRILLIANT, STRAYA

And on a less nationalistic note, Palmer did well to drag the giant yellow barge of a Renault into the points.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Rob Dylan wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/126513/mercedes-yet-to-find-hamilton-failure-cause
"Mercedes still does not know what caused Lewis Hamilton's Formula 1 engine to expire when he was leading the Malaysian Grand Prix, according to Paddy Lowe"

So, would you say that the issue was caused by...
a...
foreign substance?

Would you describe this foreign substance as being of an...unknown nature?
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Has some rouge Mercedes employee been snorting blow off the engines?

conspiracy theorists stand up
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:Has some rouge Mercedes employee been snorting blow off the engines?

"Dude, what's that on your frickin' nose?"

"<sniff> Nothing <sniff>"
Just For One Day...
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

*Franck Montagny spotted at Mercedes paddock at Sepang circuit*
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:I know I am a bit late but...

RICCIARDO WAS BLOODY BRILLIANT, STRAYA

And on a less nationalistic note, Palmer did well to drag the giant yellow barge of a Renault into the points.

I can see it happening more frequently for the rest of the season. Haas are going backwards, and the Toro Rosso engine is severely outdated now. Renault will capitalise, albeit not enough to go above 9th in the WCC.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

FullMetalJack wrote:I can see it happening more frequently for the rest of the season. Haas are going backwards, and the Toro Rosso engine is severely outdated now. Renault will capitalise, albeit not enough to go above 9th in the WCC.

If I wasn't already embroiled in a terrible avatar bet, I'd take a punt against you on that one :lol: