1994 Season Review

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
stupot94

1994 Season Review

Post by stupot94 »

If you have this tape you will know that it contained music. Great music in my eyes! (Ears)

And I have finally found some names and links to some of the tracks. If you are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw6YkgSJZkU The Intro music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j7XlZoI2bU Germany
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SyGYCJuMp8 Australia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YD5LII-2OI Europe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASWt4cKCKDE France
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZcucI50ZM0 Pacific
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1KVb7B0PO4 Brazil
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XGH7C171b8 Japan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCBQ9A6CMfM Belgium

I hope you like!
Say your prayers, here comes the Pastor
SeedStriker

Re: 1994 Season Review

Post by SeedStriker »

Awesome! I remember playing the original TOCA in the PSX and the opening theme was rad!
Can you find the BGM's of the 1990 season? I remember seeing the Honda-made one, which had amazing music.
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

SeedStriker wrote:Awesome! I remember playing the original TOCA in the PSX and the opening theme was rad!
Can you find the BGM's of the 1990 season? I remember seeing the Honda-made one, which had amazing music.

I will try. However I don't own the 1990 review. So I am basically going in blind. But I will try (As I say)
Say your prayers, here comes the Pastor
tzerof1

Post by tzerof1 »

The amazing soundtrack that was composed, intertwined with the beautiful sounds of the 3.5L V10's and the V8's, and some really cool camerawork, makes it my most favourite of the season reviews. Also the commentary was stellar as well. I believe I shall go watch it again for the umpteenth time. It never gets old :)
"If you don't like it, overtake or f**k off!"- Niki Lauda responding to complaints of his Brabham BT46 'fan car" throwing debris in drivers' faces.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I agree, the Spam you just posted was very nice.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

baki49 wrote:Very nice, what I can see

--------------------------------------------------
small business

One cannot simply "see" music
MODERATOR!!
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
MrMG

Post by MrMG »

Hey all.

Long time reader, first time poster!

Upon finding out the names of the tracks online, much like the original poster, I decided to go one step further and get the original tunes straight from the music libraries.

Naturally, I'm gonna share them! Really good tracks, some last nearly 10 minutes in full! As an added bonus, the 1995 Season Review theme is also included.

F1 FIA 1994 SEASON REVIEW MUSIC

I'm gonna try and track down the 1995 and 1996 music, but with no names (other than the main theme for 1995 - Out of Control by Ian Anderson) it'll prove a bit tricky.
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

Wow! Thank you for this. :)
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

Any other backing music you can find from any of the classic season reviews would also be much appreciated! And I know I'm not the only one!
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
MrMG

Post by MrMG »

Here's another one, kindly posted elsewhere at my request :)

Electrosphere
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

Thank you! Probably my favourite opening montage right there.
--Nigel Roebuck
MrMG

Post by MrMG »

You're welcome :) I was glad to get hold of it, luckily someone found it for me and I'm really grateful :) That was one I've been hunting down for years!

I also found 2 of the 1995 tracks, one of which plays over the footage of Katayama's exploits!

Communique
Techtronic
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

Thanks! And the other is to commemorate Johnny Herbert's first win, am I correct?
--Nigel Roebuck
MrMG

Post by MrMG »

It does indeed
Last edited by MrMG on 29 Jun 2016, 21:15, edited 1 time in total.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Tunes!
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
MrMG

Post by MrMG »

Have a few more from 1994 :)

Energize
Action Hero
Morning Mood - EASY one to find! ;)
MrMG

Post by MrMG »

Room for 2 more? Both from 1995:

Powerhouse
Rebound

I was pointed in the right direction for the first, then lo-and-behold, the other was on the same album!
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

Thank you! Those are from the overtaking feature and the FIA Gala/final championship standings sections, I believe.
--Nigel Roebuck
MrMG

Post by MrMG »

Yep they sure are!
JJMonty
Location: Jersey! (The old one, not that American mk2 version!)

Post by JJMonty »

Not from 1994 I know, and apologise.

However good find for the 1995 ones! :D Would anyone know what the name of the songs are in the 1996 review? Specifically the ones during the Benetton Launch and McLaren Launch? http://vimeo.com/86010150
MrMG

Post by MrMG »

Sadly the video has gone. I know the two tracks you're thinking of but I can't ID them. If the video resurfaces I should be able to grab a snippit and pass it on to someone who would know :)
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Hi MadGaz and welcome to the forum :)

There's been two piece of music that I've always loved and would dearly like to find them but I've had no success, so hopefully you can track them down for me.

Firstly, its from the official 1998 season review called 'Flying Finn first at the Finish'. In it, the Jordan team pick up a 1-2 at Belgium and right at the end of the Belgian report, there's a 55-second montage of Jordan highs-and-lows over the past few years. Never been able to find the clip of music that accompanies it.

Secndly, it's from Damon Hill's account of his 1996 season entitled 'The fight for victory' and it's the piece that starts to play during the Italian GP build-up. The music starts around the formation lap and properly kicks-in once the lights go out. The part was on YouTube but its either been taken down by FOM or the uploaded has done it.

Any information on these clips will be greatly appreciated :)
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Like AdrianSutil I have a curiosity about a piece of music in a season review. Its in the 2006 season review (I know, a long way from 1994! :oops: ) and is used for the start of the Australian GP of that year. I know a link to the review if anyone wants to hear it.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I particularly would like to hear full versions of the intro music from the reviews for most of the 80s ones too. My favourites are the 1981, 86 and 87 intros.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
MrMG

Post by MrMG »

Hey all, gonna try and track down some more tunes soon :)

A bit of a bump to post about an oddity I found: There are alternative versions of the 1993, 1994 and 1997 season reviews on Dailymotion. Simon Taylor handles commentary duties for the first 2 (So no Wossy in 93!) and the bloke who did the 91 review is on the 97 review. A warning for those watching 1994 is that unlike the review released on VHS, the fatal crashes are both shown.

Here's the link: http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x1y ... deo=xpmb39
JJMonty

Post by JJMonty »

Hey MadGaz

Just to let you know I found another video of F1 1996 - https://www .youtube.com /watch?v=H88S1SlSHpk (Just un-space URL)

Again, still trying to find the song during the Benetton Launch and the McLaren one .... reckon you can find it now? :)

Thanks for your help! :D
JJMonty

Post by JJMonty »

With a little help from youtube users, I've found the Benetton launch for F1 1996!

Andrew Faulkner - World Class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68Hb1RGltv8
JJMonty

Post by JJMonty »

With a bit more searching around, I found out that Andrew Faulkner also did the song at the beginning of the 1996 F1 review (Ferrari Launch)

Andrew Faulkner - Muscle Punch - http://m.unippm.cn/Browse/Labels/CD%20L ... wId=190629
MrMG

Post by MrMG »

Year and a half bump, but worth it! :)

I've managed to track down a few other pieces of music, enjoy! :)

Metal Machine (Intro track)

Hot Summer Nights (You all know what one this is!)

The Party's Over (The end of Team Lotus)

Blade (Full version) (Alesi's first win)
Blade (30 Second version) (Version as used on the tape)

Baroque Blitz (Full version) (Coulthard's first win)
Baroque Blitz (30 Second version) (Version as heard on the tape

Muscle Power (Ferrari launch, as posted above, downloadable).

World Class (Benetton/Tyrrell/Williams launch, as posted above but cleaned up slightly).

Still trying to track down a few others - unfortunately my method of IDing certain tracks (uploading a snippit as an unlisted video on YouTube and checking the Content ID match) didn't work for the 1996 McLaren/Jordan launch as there's too much talking over it.
MrMG

Post by MrMG »

Lo-and-behold, 4 more! :)

Mo' - Opening sequence

Reach For The Clouds - Fangio's obituary

Intergrate - Silverstone buildup/Hospitality segment

Paradox - The one you've all been waiting for......The Best of Taki Inoue!!
AlliotsUsualAccident

Post by AlliotsUsualAccident »

MadGaz85 wrote:Hey all, gonna try and track down some more tunes soon :)

A bit of a bump to post about an oddity I found: There are alternative versions of the 1993, 1994 and 1997 season reviews on Dailymotion. Simon Taylor handles commentary duties for the first 2 (So no Wossy in 93!) and the bloke who did the 91 review is on the 97 review. A warning for those watching 1994 is that unlike the review released on VHS, the fatal crashes are both shown.

Here's the link: http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x1y ... deo=xpmb39

This just sent me down the rabbit hole. Found the 94 Season Review (http://dai.ly/x2tn7ib) I used to watch constantly on VHS as a youngster - so awesome to rewatch now. In fact, listening to the preseason buildup, I never appreciated how much it seems to indicate Prost taking a McLaren seat in 1994 was a real possibility.
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

AlliotsUsualAccident wrote:I never appreciated how much it seems to indicate Prost taking a McLaren seat in 1994 was a real possibility.

Read an article recently by Martin Brundle who was asked how good/bad that 1994 Mclaren was. Martin replied that one morning during 1994 pre-season testing in Estoril, Prost spent the whole morning testing the new Mclaren and decided it wouldn't be competitive so he chose to retire.

Brundle jumped into the Mclaren in the afternoon, after Prost did his running, and on the 1st flying lap the engine blew and one of the bits of the engine (possibly the flywheel) made a massive pothole in the track. Sums it up really. :lol:

But yes Prost @ Mclaren in 1994 was indeed a possibility until Alain apparently tried the new car. So he was clever enough to know how to end his career on a high. I also remember talk of Prost driving for Mclaren in 1996 (after Mika's crash) and Prost in 1997 (after Panis' crash), but they were only rumors however.
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/
AlliotsUsualAccident

Post by AlliotsUsualAccident »

ibsey wrote:
AlliotsUsualAccident wrote:I never appreciated how much it seems to indicate Prost taking a McLaren seat in 1994 was a real possibility.

Read an article recently by Martin Brundle who was asked how good/bad that 1994 Mclaren was. Martin replied that one morning during 1994 pre-season testing in Estoril, Prost spent the whole morning testing the new Mclaren and decided it wouldn't be competitive so he chose to retire.

Brundle jumped into the Mclaren in the afternoon, after Prost did his running, and on the 1st flying lap the engine blew and one of the bits of the engine (possibly the flywheel) made a massive pothole in the track. Sums it up really. :lol:

But yes Prost @ Mclaren in 1994 was indeed a possibility until Alain apparently tried the new car. So he was clever enough to know how to end his career on a high. I also remember talk of Prost driving for Mclaren in 1996 (after Mika's crash) and Prost in 1997 (after Panis' crash), but they were only rumors however.

That sounds like a great article. Makes a lot of sense that Prost only would have done the season if the car seemed competitive. Surely after driving the 93 Williams he would have known pretty much straight away if the MP4/9 could be decent or not. At that point in testing I'd imagine the car was extremely raw after all the changes instituted for 1994 and between the crap Peugeot engine, "new" team, and a long development track ahead it's hard not to blame him for bailing. I remember seeing pictures (on here I believe) of Prost's 96 McLaren test but that sounded more for show, in the same way Mansell driving for Jordan was :D
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

AlliotsUsualAccident wrote:That sounds like a great article. Makes a lot of sense that Prost only would have done the season if the car seemed competitive. Surely after driving the 93 Williams he would have known pretty much straight away if the MP4/9 could be decent or not. At that point in testing I'd imagine the car was extremely raw after all the changes instituted for 1994 and between the crap Peugeot engine, "new" team, and a long development track ahead it's hard not to blame him for bailing. I remember seeing pictures (on here I believe) of Prost's 96 McLaren test but that sounded more for show, in the same way Mansell driving for Jordan was

If I remember where the article was I will post a link to it for you as I found it insightful & enjoyable. I have a feeling it is in the MARTIN AT McLAREN article on Page 51 from December 2004 Motorsport Magazine which can be viewed here;

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/archi ... 4?page=1&f[0]=field_issue%253Afield_year%3A2004

I get the feeling that Prost was content with his decision in September 1993 to retire from F1. Not least because he probably felt undervalued, i.e. he couldn't win the 1993 title; he could only lose it etc. However the reason why Prost considered driving for Mclaren in 1994 was because of pressure from Ron Dennis, Peugeot & Mclaren's sponsors wanting a "star" driver in their car.

Also the MP4/8 ended the season almost on par with the Williams, so Prost could be forgiving for thinking the 1994 Mclaren package may have offered a decent chance for his 5th WDC and to show Senna there was still life in the old dog yet. Furthermore I've heard Ron Dennis say that the 1993 chassis & suspension was one of the very best the team have ever produced. It only lacked a decent engine. So given Peuegot had just won Le Mans in 1992/93, the future looked rosy...on paper at least.

Obviously this changed once Prost drove the thing. I actually respect Prost more for "bailing from Mclaren" because like OZ 1989 & generally not wanting to drive in no-visibility wet conditions, Prost showed balls in sticking by his decision. Even though some people might have thought less of him for doing so i.e. running away from Senna in 1994 etc. IMO Prost had nothing further to prove at that point in his career.

Regarding 1996 I think there was a decent likelyhood of Prost driving the car if Mika hadn't recovered properly for the start of 1996. I Remember reading an interview with Mika on Autosport/Motorsport Magazine where he basically said at his 1st test back from him accident. None of his mechanics felt Hakkinen would be fast enough because it was too soon after his accident. Yet Mika amazingly proved them all wrong and IIRC was even fastest out of all the teams/drivers at the end of that particular Estoril test. Again I don't think Prost would have wanted to return to the cockpit in 1996 for races out of choice. Simply that he was willing to help out Mclaren if they needed a short-term replacement for Mika in the early races of 1996.

I agree on 1997 however and never though for a moment that Prost would return to race in all seriousness.
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/