The _TCC Series Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Miguel98

Re: The _TCC Series Thread

Post by Miguel98 »

Dunlop :facepalm:
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Miguel98 wrote:Dunlop :facepalm:

Unexpectedly warm weather in Britain leading to higher-than-expected track temperatures... :facepalm:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Samster

Post by Samster »

Somehow, Neal avoids any penalties for causing the race 1 pile up. :facepalm:
http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/btcc/three-d ... le-header/

I'm so sick of him and Plato getting away with everything they do just because they are the only surviving Super Touring era drivers left in the series and on top of that Neal Sr is a grade A bellend too having aparently threated Josh Cook even after Matt had apoligized on twitter. I can't wait till they are no longer racing in this series, it will be so much better without them.
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

Just caught up with the highlights. So Neal tries to cross the entire field in a broken car to access the pit lane to fix the said car to end up at the back of the field and score no points - and doesn't get penalised. AND then tries to blame everyone else!!!
I agree with the above sentiments; the sooner he's gone the better. Sadly while he's leading the championship and generally being successful that ain't going to happen. The stewards should grow some spines.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Samster wrote:Somehow, Neal avoids any penalties for causing the race 1 pile up. :facepalm:
http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/btcc/three-d ... le-header/

I'm so sick of him and Plato getting away with everything they do just because they are the only surviving Super Touring era drivers left in the series and on top of that Neal Sr is a grade A bellend too having aparently threated Josh Cook even after Matt had apoligized on twitter. I can't wait till they are no longer racing in this series, it will be so much better without them.

Wow, he causes a 4 car pileup blames ash Sutton in the interview (later cook as he realised Sutton was out) and gets away with it, steward favouritism here, like last year at donington
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

Didn't he also threaten Sutton/Ash for 'messing with the wrong guy' or words to that effect?
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Spectoremg wrote:Didn't he also threaten Sutton/Ash for 'messing with the wrong guy' or words to that effect?

That was Neal Sr :facepalm:
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

Miguel98 wrote:
Spectoremg wrote:Didn't he also threaten Sutton/Ash for 'messing with the wrong guy' or words to that effect?

That was Neal Sr :facepalm:

Correct, that's who I meant.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

The WTCC really now is a total farce, with them apparently want to exclude Honda from the Hungary / Morocco results for not being Citroens...er, sorry having floors that are outside the regulations.

In any case, Eurosport yesterday were so obsessed with the tennis that watching the Nordschleife races live was not possible, and the highlights programme (covering both races) was a laughable 45 minutes long.

If you go to the WTCC website, you can see a highlights video where they show Monteiro's accident 3 times, yet in none of the angles do you properly see Muller crashing into him. Do they want us to think that Citroens are so great that they're indestructible or something?

Hopefully it will get better once those ugly shitboxes are gone.
andrew

Post by andrew »

The full race is available on YouTube in German commentary. Although it is stupid that both of Eurosports channels are so obsessed with the French open and sucking Andy murrays balls as not to show the WTCC race,

The argument sorrounding the Honda floor has been rumbling on for some time in the background, Honda have protested.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Colin Turkington is on BTCC pole at Oulton Park in his Subaru!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Is it just me that finds this a bit....odd?

A car that has been really slow all season disappears from one meeting for not entirely convincing reasons (one car fire in the previous meeting) and then is suddenly much much quicker on its return. Hmmm.....

Far be it from me to suggest that it would be in the Australian Bernie's interest to have 2 ex-champions in a competitive car of course.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Barbazza wrote:Is it just me that finds this a bit....odd?

A car that has been really slow all season disappears from one meeting for not entirely convincing reasons (one car fire in the previous meeting) and then is suddenly much much quicker on its return. Hmmm.....

Far be it from me to suggest that it would be in the Australian Bernie's interest to have 2 ex-champions in a competitive car of course.

Here's part of the report from qualifying on the BTCC website for more

The result represents a huge upturn in fortunes for the manufacturer-backed Subaru squad – impressively bouncing back from a disappointing weekend at Thruxton last time out. Recurring fuel system issues – first experienced at Donington Park – forced the team to make the difficult decision to withdraw from action on safety grounds from last month’s meeting in Hampshire, but new components, engine modifications and a two-day test have seemingly had the desired effect on the all-new Levorg model here at Oulton Park.

Bear in mind that Subaru have had 5 weeks to get it right as well. Considering their manufacturer status it'd have been a disaster for them if they didn't. The BMW 125i wasn't a world beater from the off either.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Turkington takes the first win for BMR Subaru in Race 1, and Sam Tordoff takes the championship lead with his victory in Race 2 just now.

That was one hell of a defensive drive by Josh Cook to hold onto his 6th place, even though his MG looked about fit for the scrapyard by the chequered flag.

And finally, can TOCA stop pissing around and revoke Alex Martin's licence? He is going to end up hurting someone badly if he carries on like this. He's got zero respect for his fellow competitors. :x :facepalm:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Absolutely mega weekend for Sam Tordoff, two 2nd places, a win, and the championship lead. With Croft being a BMW circuit, he could build a nice lead into the summer break.

Sad to see Adam Morgan have a terrible weekend after his heroics at Thruxton, he never looked like challenging. Same for Mat Jackson, although I note that the Focus has had its boost cut, coincidentally at the same time Subaru had theirs increased...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Barbazza wrote:The WTCC really now is a total farce, with them apparently want to exclude Honda from the Hungary / Morocco results for not being Citroens...er, sorry having floors that are outside the regulations.

In any case, Eurosport yesterday were so obsessed with the tennis that watching the Nordschleife races live was not possible, and the highlights programme (covering both races) was a laughable 45 minutes long.

If you go to the WTCC website, you can see a highlights video where they show Monteiro's accident 3 times, yet in none of the angles do you properly see Muller crashing into him. Do they want us to think that Citroens are so great that they're indestructible or something?

Hopefully it will get better once those ugly shitboxes are gone.

And Honda's results from Marrakech are gone :facepalm:

Utterly bullshit, and utter nonsense... especially considering that the racing has been good this year

andrew

Post by andrew »

Lada!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right let's wait for them to be kicked out and have about 9 tonnes of success weight added due to the fact they are not citroens
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Lada 1-2-3 in wet and MAC3!!! :shock: :shock:

And the on-going hate of Citroen. I seriously considering buying Citroen for my future car. They look reliable, fast, and has good chassis strength. That's one point of WTCC: Show your car is the best.

Let the hate flow into me. In from left, out from left.
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

AxelP800 wrote:Lada 1-2-3 in wet and MAC3!!! :shock: :shock:

And the on-going hate of Citroen. I seriously considering buying Citroen for my future car. They look reliable, fast, and has good chassis strength. That's one point of WTCC: Show your car is the best.

Well i considered buying a Citroën too 10 years ago. I kind of choose for the Renault because i wanted a classic dashboard pattern and because the brakes of the Renault were a lot better. Also because those two were the least expensive decent big 3 doors cars. And i need big doors because i'm not exactly skinny :D

But i haven't heared any Citroën-owner complain about their cars. Instead they'll just spam you over how great their cars are to the point of annoyance.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

East Londoner wrote:And finally, can TOCA stop pissing around and revoke Alex Martin's licence? He is going to end up hurting someone badly if he carries on like this. He's got zero respect for his fellow competitors. :x :facepalm:

I agree with that. Sadly Josh Cook spent the entire Oulton Park meeting doing Plato impressions as well - his driving was abysmal. Not to mention the real thing blatantly barging Dan Lloyd off in race 1.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

AxelP800 wrote:Lada 1-2-3 in wet and MAC3!!! :shock: :shock:

I've been in a low speed crash in a Citroen and it was like being sat next to cardboard. Admittedly this was a long time ago but don't believe all you see! A Touring Car is not like a road car....
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Miguel98 wrote:

Utterly bullshit, and utter nonsense... especially considering that the racing has been good this year

Really? Didn't see that on the official website - is it just Marrakech?

If the Subarus suddenly going well in BTCC was a surprise, a Lada 1-2-3 from nowhere in Russia?
Hmm...in the same way that Putin fixed it for an ex-German international to suddenly become Russian in time for Euro 2016, has he managed to find them some extra boost for the home race?!
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Barbazza wrote:
Miguel98 wrote:

Really? Didn't see that on the official website - is it just Marrakech?

If the Subarus suddenly going well in BTCC was a surprise, a Lada 1-2-3 from nowhere in Russia?
Hmm...in the same way that Putin fixed it for an ex-German international to suddenly become Russian in time for Euro 2016, has he managed to find them some extra boost for the home race?!

Only for Marrakech :facepalm:

Samster

Post by Samster »

Well if anyone remembers, what with the excitement at Baku and Le Mans this weekend but we also have the BTCC at Croft. Turkington and Lloyd make up the front row again from Sutton and Plato, then the full ballast BMW of Tordoff. Abbott has made the top ten for the first time in his career while Ingram falls short of the top ten for the first time this season. And Dynamics are deep in the field in 14th and 17th. :D
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Classic Jason Plato.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Cracking last race, so many cars sideways in the wet. Brilliant! And a good win for Ash Sutton too. Tordoff is doing everything right to keep himself out front in the title race, but it's still so close in the championship.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Samster

Post by Samster »

It's looking very good for WSR now with Tordoff and Collard 1 and 2 in the championship and Goff in 5th despite no wins. Dynamics had a disaster with a best finish of 10th for Neal and Shedden is now down in 9th in the standings. Subaru meanwhile could still be title contenders if they can keep this form up. Turkington is only 62 points off the lead and 10 off the defending champ.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Samster

Post by Samster »

Loosely translated, ''Waah, we can't win anymore!''
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Samster wrote:

Loosely translated, ''Waah, we can't win anymore!''

Yeah exactly! I mean, aside from their duff year with the tourer. its not like the Civic hasn't been regularly cleaning up has it?!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

There is definitely something in that, but he has a point IF we get a Citroen / WTCC situation developing.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Having been let down by a sponsor at the last minute, Dan Lloyd is on the sidelines for the rest of the season. :(

Over at Tony Gilham's barmy army, Chris Smiley has been replaced by Michael Caine. Not a lot of people know that...

Snetterton should be a cracker this weekend, so it's typical that I'm so cash strapped that I can't go this year. :(
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Dan Lloyd did a great job - such a shame that he can't continue. I can only assume that Martin Depper brings a lot of cash, cos there's certainly not much evidence of talent.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Its a shame about Lloyd he certainly has potential, certainly have been capable of grabbing podiums possibly even a win. The best driver eurotech had this season. Hopefully he can get back into the series. Im sure that the TBL was the one loaned by TOCA so is the seat being filled, is someone else getting the TBL, or are they not going to bother.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

East Londoner wrote:Over at Tony Gilham's barmy army, Chris Smiley has been replaced by Michael Caine. Not a lot of people know that...

I assume it's the same Michael Caine who competed in the Porsche Carrera Cup on the TOCA package for a number of years?
MCard LOLA
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Yes, it's the same Michael Caine who drove the Carreras for many years. As for the TBL licence, there doesn't seem to be any news other than the fact that it's been handed back to TOCA.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Huge pile-up on the Bentley Straight at the start of race 2 at Snetterton. Loads of damaged cars.

Dan Welch's car is a complete write-off. That looks like a season-ender for him. :cry:
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Time to ban this two idiots TOCA. That was retarded.

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I've never seen an accident take out a camera gantry before. That camerman is the luckiest person in East Anglia right now.

TOCA really need to revoke the licences of Alex Martin and Mark Howard now. I'm sure they're decent chaps, but they're hopelessly and dangerously out of their depth in this series. Driving standards have been dreadful all day. :facepalm:
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

Huge crash in Race 3 at Snetterton, Abbott fliiped over into the camera gantry while avoiding a collision involving Martin ( :facepalm: ) and Howerd. No one hurt, thankfully.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT