F1 Rejects Track Designing Competition

The place for alternate championships that use real results as a base of forming alternative results, driver careers, and games in general
UncreativeUsername37

Re: F1 Rejects Track Designing Competition

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

More_Blue_Flags wrote:Does a track on a British sovereign base in Cyprus count as European or not European enough for this challenge?

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com?r=6849945

You haven't built a track in one of the specified areas.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
More_Blue_Flags

Post by More_Blue_Flags »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:
More_Blue_Flags wrote:Does a track on a British sovereign base in Cyprus count as European or not European enough for this challenge?

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:Baku Asian Grand Prix
Following the European Games and European Grand Prix, other clearly non-European countries want to count as part of Europe too.
*Using only existing roads, make a circuit in Armenia, Cyprus, Georgia, Morocco, or the Asian part of Turkey.
*Minimum length 3.5 km, maximum 7 km.
*The existence or not of a reasonably wide track, escape roads, and a place for the pits matter for this challenge.

I'm pretty sure that's Cyprus
CoopsII wrote:Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

More_Blue_Flags wrote:

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:Baku Asian Grand Prix
Following the European Games and European Grand Prix, other clearly non-European countries want to count as part of Europe too.
*Using only existing roads, make a circuit in Armenia, Cyprus, Georgia, Morocco, or the Asian part of Turkey.
*Minimum length 3.5 km, maximum 7 km.
*The existence or not of a reasonably wide track, escape roads, and a place for the pits matter for this challenge.

I'm pretty sure that's Cyprus

I think he meant within the borders of the sovereign state of Cyprus. The Sovereign Base Areas are officially British Overseas Territories and therefore not part of the Republic of Cyprus.
#FreeGonzo
UncreativeUsername37

Simtek wrote:I think he meant within the borders of the sovereign state of Cyprus. The Sovereign Base Areas are officially British Overseas Territories and therefore not part of the Republic of Cyprus.

Exactly. Besides that interpretation being what I was thinking when I made the rules, if I allowed "Cyprus" or "Georgia" to be general areas, who knows what grey areas that could open up? I already have Abkhazia and the SADR to make a political judgment on if anyone tries to be clever....
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Bobby Doorknobs

Simtek wrote:I think he meant within the borders of the sovereign state of Cyprus. The Sovereign Base Areas are officially British Overseas Territories and therefore not part of the Republic of Cyprus.

Exactly. Besides that interpretation being what I was thinking when I made the rules, if I allowed "Cyprus" or "Georgia" to be general areas, who knows what grey areas that could open up? I already have Abkhazia and the SADR to make a political judgment on if anyone tries to be clever....

I'm not gonna lie, I seriously considered doing a track in the US state of Georgia :P
#FreeGonzo
UncreativeUsername37

UncreativeUsername37

6. Normal32
I like the layout, particularly all the scary chicanes you put in, but there are some corners with very high-speed entries and little or no runoff, plus there's nowhere for the pits.

5. Simtek
This one won't exactly get the juices flowing. It isn't quite a bunch of square corners, but they're similar enough to make things boring. And imagine a brake failure at the corner after 2 km....

4. AxelP800
Another track that isn't technically filled with square corners, but still satisfies the spirit of that archetype. Also, a couple of the corners lead straight into a wall where the straight is too long to justify it.

3. peteroli34
The layout is pretty good, although there isn't anything in particular to point out about it. The corners before and after 6 km could be safety issues and the pits need to replace a few buildings, but this one's all right.

2. watka
The corners look fun, but some of the roads are so ridiculous that this was never going to win. And if you just looked at the shape of this track, you would guess it's a lot shorter than it is, whatever that counts for.

1. dr-baker
You have some ludicrously narrow roads and a couple places that could use some runoff, but you gained the practicality points back by actually having an okay place for the paddock. It's much like watka's track in that respect, but you won for keeping the narrow roads to a few turns instead of most of the track. Safety aside, you put in some fun corners, and I like the idea of the entire race being a slipstreaming battle, so you did well on the actual layout. This one won't be looked upon with awe years later, but it was a fairly restrictive challenge, and obviously you handled it the best.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wow. I was not expecting that. And with a track in Ayia Napa of all places!

Mediterranean Grand Prix

The track must be in one of the following locations around the Mediterranean Sea (mostly islands, but with one or two penisulas as well): Gibraltar, Corsica, Sardinia, Cyprus, Malta, Sicily, Crete, Majorca, Minorca, Lesbos, Rhodes, Kefalonia, Corfu, Santorini. Length 2 to 4 miles. Go wild!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Minorca:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6853138

Have to built a little new road just before 1 mile road and a bridge before the penultimate bend.
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Bobby Doorknobs

#FreeGonzo
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Last edited by Aislabie on 01 May 2016, 10:53, edited 1 time in total.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Bobby Doorknobs

dr-baker wrote:

Are you sure? ;)

I wasn't sure if it was an unfortunate mistake or an attempt at irony...
#FreeGonzo
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Simtek wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Are you sure? ;)

I wasn't sure if it was an unfortunate mistake or an attempt at irony...

No irony attempted, just considerable evidence that one should never internet while drowsy.

Anyway, I've actually linked the circuit now, as opposed to "24 grown ass men who should be shot into space" which I was attempting to send to a friend at the time
UncreativeUsername37

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6858144

Making my return to this competition with a phoned-in design on Majorca. Hoping to not be last.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Ooops, should have made a decision on this a couple of days ago. Deadline now obviously moved by a few days.
MCard LOLA
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

How on earth did you forget to put IBIZA?

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6858487
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
UncreativeUsername37

It's been an ambiguous amount of time since the last eligible track, so maybe get on it!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:It's been an ambiguous amount of time since the last eligible track, so maybe get on it!

OK, I need to go and do another couple of hours' work this evening (with almost as much commuting) so results will be produced around lunchtime BST tomorrow.
MCard LOLA
UncreativeUsername37

1. Simtek
2. novitopoli
Bobby Doorknobs

1. AxelP800
2. novitopoli

Honourable mention to AdrianBelmonte_'s track, which I considered voting for, but I suppose it's against the rules until Baker says otherwise.
#FreeGonzo
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

1. Aislabie
2. UgncreativeUsergname
tommykl has a stroke
UncreativeUsername37

1. novitopoli (8)
2. Simtek (6)
=. AxelP800 (6)
=. Aislabie (6)
5. UgncreativeUsergname (4)

novitopoli beats three designers by the minimum margin.
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Good, it's up to me then...

You have to fulfill Bernie's wish and design a circuit in the Las Vegas Valley. The circuit must be up to modern F1 standards (space for paddock, pits, some runoffs etc.) and be shorter than 6,5 km. You may use parking lots or similar spaces, but at least half of the track should consist of existing roads.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

Bobby Doorknobs

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6868087

The curve on Convention Center Drive shouldn't be there...
#FreeGonzo
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

To redo in other post
Last edited by AxelP800 on 20 May 2016, 17:07, edited 1 time in total.
tommykl has a stroke
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6868236

Paddock to be in the car park at around the 3 km marker. This would please Bernie...
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AxelP800 wrote:http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6853083

Temporary pedestrian bridge can be build to solve the malls' isolation, and I hope "Mall Ring Cir" is counted as public road....

Sorry Axel, but I don't think Cyprus is in the Las Vegas Valley....
MCard LOLA
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

dr-baker wrote:
AxelP800 wrote:http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6853083

Temporary pedestrian bridge can be build to solve the malls' isolation, and I hope "Mall Ring Cir" is counted as public road....

Sorry Axel, but I don't think Cyprus is in the Las Vegas Valley....

You got to be kidding.... So gmap saves it and shows the link of the link I used to open the gmap, got to do all over again.....
Thanks Professor Baker ;)

EDIT:
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6868277
It works. For sure.
tommykl has a stroke
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

Remember the allmighty Caesars Palace GP? IT´S BACK!!!1

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6868430
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

I was going to do an airport circuit, but they aren't allowed. Instead, I present this creation, for better or for worse. It's not brand new, but it is by me.

It's also not very good, but I'm fed up with Vegas already.
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Ok, here the results:
7. Normal32
6. AxelP800
5. Aislabie
4. AdrianBelmonte
3. Peteroli34
2. Simtek
1. Dr-Baker

Ataxia wrote:

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

OK, I've just seen this on my return from watching the Indianapolis 500 trackside, and am happy to see the result! So for the next challenge, inspired by my visit:

Indianapolis Street Track

So Indianapolis has an oval race for IndyCars in May, and also a road course race in the middle of May. But what if Indianapolis were to have a street race as well, to fully test drivers' abilities behind the wheel in the city? So the challenge is to build a street course, 1.5 to 3 miles long, within the boundaries of Interstate 465, or alternatively at the airport.
MCard LOLA
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6876578
Just under 3 miles

Details of pitlane:
tommykl has a stroke