2018 International Procar Championship (Kyalami Complete!)

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.

Should the chassis system be changed?

Poll ended at 24 Oct 2015, 22:18

No, it's fine as it is.
36%
Yes, to the proposed system on page 9.
64%
Yes, but in a different way to the proposed system (please explain).
No votes

Total votes: 11

Salamander

Re: 2018 International Procar Championship (Canada Complete!

Post by Salamander »

AxelP800 wrote:A bit change of plan for drivers linings, but for sure it's final decision, unless extraordinary events happened

I've already started running Kyalami - Petrus Handoyo is running there.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
AxelP800

Re: 2018 International Procar Championship (Canada Complete!

Post by AxelP800 »

Salamander wrote:
AxelP800 wrote:A bit change of plan for drivers linings, but for sure it's final decision, unless extraordinary events happened

I've already started running Kyalami - Petrus Handoyo is running there.

No problem
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Salamander

Re: 2018 International Procar Championship (Kyalami Underway

Post by Salamander »

The B-Class Kyalami race has been run - you can find the results on RejectSport.

Highlights
B-Class Standings
Everything's great.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

The 01 car will replace the 042 car in the German round if possible
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

7th? Cecep is going back on track! :D
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Espaniola Deportes wrote:
Best Weekend So Far for Mediterranean Motorsport

Mediterranean Motorsport have dominated the Kyalami race with an unstoppable Pedro Renales taking his 2nd win of the season. His teammate Davies, also had an excellent run there by scoring the fastest lap of the race, the first as a team.

Team Principal Alex Bautista reports: "We have had an excellent weekend here with Renales and Davies taking the win and fastest lap respectively. Although we could have done a little bit better, when Davies was in a battle with four other cars for 2nd in the closing stages of the race. But then a lapped car was blocking him, preventing him from attempting to get a better running and possibly help get a 1-2. But despite a little disappointment there, our (as a team) efforts are really improving and have already got both our drivers in the Top 10 in the points standings."

"So now our main focus for us now until the end of the season is to get more solid results, and that means more Top 10 finishes rather than just sticking to the Top 20."
Last edited by Gonzalez on 30 Nov 2015, 15:09, edited 2 times in total.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

The A-Class Kyalami Feature race has been run - you can find the results on RejectSport.

Highlights
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Adolfo Moretti, post-race, wrote:Image
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

A possible top 5 charge ruined by a crash.... so good...
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Salamander

Re: 2018 International Procar Championship (Europe Complete!

Post by Salamander »

The manufacturers on the Medium upgrade path will be getting their second upgrade soon, after the German meeting. As a reminder, your upgrade can focus on Aero, Engine, Chassis, or Consistency (boosts all minimum stats). Could the following manufacturers please let me know what their upgrade will focus on?

• SEAT (HawkAussie)
  • Honda (CaptainGetz12)
  • Holden (the Masked Lapwing)
  • Skoda (Klon)
  • Subaru (FantometteBR)
  • Mercedes (SuperAguri)
Everything's great.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Holden will upgrade their engine.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Honda will invest in a Chassis upgrade.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Salamander

Re: 2018 International Procar Championship (Kyalami Complete

Post by Salamander »

The A-Class Kyalami Sprint race has been run - you can find the results on RejectSport.

Highlights
A-Class Standings
Teams' Standings
Manufacturers' Standings

-----
I still need medium upgrade plans from the following manufacturers:

• SEAT (HawkAussie)
  • Skoda (Klon)
  • Subaru (FantometteBR)
  • Mercedes (SuperAguri)
Everything's great.
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Guly was great as usual, and we're proud our efforts brought Subaru to the lead in the Manufacturers' Championship. Now let's go on like that!
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Michael Rohnstock wrote:Getting a top 10 is not what the team may be hoping for considering we started on the front row, but the car doesn't really mesh with this course. We may have engine power, but the car's ability to corner needs some work.

Losing to the BMW stings a bit considering that the Honda started the season noticeably better than the BMW we left, but I would bet it more on Zeitner's skills over anything else. Both me and Lasse will be looking to beat him by season's end, since that would set us up nicely for next season. We expect an upgrade soon too which the mechanics say will help reduce the issues of cornering, so that will certainly help us reach that goal.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

2019 Silly Season kicks off; underperformers on the chopping block

With the IPC season reaching the two-thirds mark, teams are beginning to look at their options for next season, with certain big names in the firing line, and new names emerging to contend for their seats.

Complete driver clear-outs from the works teams so far look an unlikely occurrence. Kiwi Racing is top of the list for a complete overhaul, but given they are almost certain to be relegated from the A Class championship, very little is expected to stay the same for them in 2019, whether in terms of personnel or equipment.

Instead, it's a mixture of deadwood second drivers and lead drivers who have underperformed in question. Ernest Saillard will need to be on high alert - the Frenchman is over 200 points off the pace of team-mate Kieth Remedios, and most likely to be sacked of the current field. Elisa Jama Yattae might step up from the junior team, but with a lack of impressive results in junior tin-top series, they may look to experience with drivers like Alexis Tantovich, Jack Maddock and Darren Cardel potentially available.

BMW's lead driver Diego Mauricio Batistuta is also under threat. While he has certainly suffered from bad luck, his less rated team-mate Jans Zeitner has outscored him by over 4 to 1, and so while Zeitner seems a certainty to continue, DMB looks like he is on borrowed time. Supposedly at the top of their shopping list is current B Class title contender Chloe O'Sullivan.

Chevrolet have been spearheaded by last year's B Class champion Artesia Mass, who has done a reasonable job in her first season in the top division. Shin Ramirez on the other hand has struggled. Aside from a couple of flashes at the ovals, where the Chevy package is strongest, Ramirez has been unable to rack up points elsewhere, when Mass has been able to scrape results here and there. Union Saver Developments, the Austrian team behind the Chevy effort, therefore may consider their SEAT Supercopa driver Sasha Hawke, who has looked promising thus far. However, if they chose to plump for a driver with IPC experience, then B Class frontrunner Jiri Komárek is also said to be on their radar.

Meanwhile Luca Pacchiarini has a specific threat to watch his back for. Despite picking up most of Alfa's points early in the year, the slow-starting Adolfo Moretti has flown past the Italian in the title race, picking up only 3 Top 10s since the end of his purple patch in Italy - compared to 8 in the same period for Moretti. The threat in question is factory driver Antonio Delvecchio, the youngster deep in a B Class title fight with the semi-works ICE-3 Racing team. While Guly and O'Sullivan streaked away at the start with podiums, Delvecchio was at the mercy of the completely random grid draws. His pace was evident, but consistently starting in the final few rows of the packed B Class grid ruined the opening phase of his season. Without these difficulties, he'd likely have been around level on points with the current top two. Pacchiarini must beware.

The final obvious candidate is one that cannot be fired, but rather a driver who must fire himself. Dave Simpson, owner of the eponymous Simpson Motorsports, runs the works Dacia team, and has been comprehensively outclassed by Romanian counterpart Adriana Gabor. Given he was magnanimous enough to surrender his ARWS seat at the end of last year, he may do the same here, to allow his team to find a better long-term replacement. Mitchell Macklin, who formerly drove for Simpson's F1RWRS outfit, is reputedly the frontrunner to be his replacement in 2019.

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Phil McCracken is open to all offers with his pile of McEwan's money.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

It was not good drive and Yattae deserved a top 10
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Espanola Deportes wrote:

Mediterranean Motorsport Silly Season for 2019

With the 2018 season of IPC heading towards the autumn, there had been lots of whispering and chattering in the paddock about who would make the grid for 2019 and who would not.

This was when Mediterranean Motorsport, whom after an impressive season on their maiden season in IPC, have announced by Team Boss and Founder Alex Bautista that they will intend to continue on for 2019. However he additionally stated that not only they will continue on the series but to try and pursue a chance to join the A-Class grid. According to Bautista, the promotion to A-Class will require huge strong results.

"We as a team have so far had a splendid season together especially in the hands of James Davies and Pedro Renales. These 2 drivers have also done a splendid job throughout and we are hoping to continue from this point onwards. If we can continue and try and get a lot of strong results, we can hopefully get a chance and take a step up the ladder."

Moving more into 2019, in case the team does race next season, a lot of people have been questioning on what we all know they were questioning about, the driver lineup.

It has been noted by the team that they are looking to retain both James Davies and Pedro Renales for 2019 as part of the teams aim to win the championship in the next few years, but only if they fail to make it to the A-Class. However, on the opposite, the team in the B-Class may be looking to bring in some Spanish money which will involve bringing in a Spanish driver to the team in which Bautista said that this could be a boost if possible. The following drivers have been mentioned as possible candidates:

Mateo Rosa's current pace this season so far have been underperforming and despite being only a rookie this season, was currently uncertain whether he will make it to the grid for 2019. His Season have been hindered with mistakes and a few wrecks which could possibly signal Rosa that his performances are not good enough to continue beyond. Now, Currently racing with FXS Racing, he could well be looking for a way to improve his career which Mediterranean Motorsport could give him and sign for the team for 2019.

The Team are also attracted to another Spanish Driver. One of Infiniti All-Stars drivers Ricardo Llosa. He had already drove for the team as an injury cover for Renales at the Round of Italy in which the team were very happy with Llosa's result and are wanting to sign him full-time for next season.

Lastly, another driver being looked at on the radar. Samson-Medina Marquez. He is currently racing in the A-Class, but the team believes from their point of view that Marquez will lose a seat and that the team can help improve him by signing him in the B-Class.

That's all Medi-Motorsport have to say as they continue on towards the end of the season.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Okay, so, I've just upgraded PCs, and... well, I thought I backed up my NR2003 stuff. I hadn't. So it's all gone. Yes, I'm an idiot.

Well, not all gone, I still have the liveries and the highlights from Karjala. I'm gonna try to run a recovery on the drive I just formatted... so I might still have a chance at getting stuff back, but if that doesn't pan out, I'm gonna rebuild everything over my Christmas break.
Everything's great.
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

I would like to replace Travis Crabtree with GBRC frontrunner Hilko Leifeld (DEU) in the #34 MK Scuderia Mercedes for the German round of the IPC. Crabtree will race all other meetings.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

First of all, a quick apology for my prolonged absence!

If Triumph is still under my control, I'm still interested in continuing to run it. I fully understand if I've been kicked out though!
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Montgomery Sterling Motorsport will withdraw its #54 car from the Hungarian round of the championship.

In its place will be this entry;

Team: Ursus Racing (ROM)
Car: Dacia Logan
Driver: #333 Iulian Pitea (ROM)
Rounds: Hungary only
Livery: Coming up shortly

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Just an FYI: I won't be running this anymore. Or F3.
Everything's great.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Mitchell Macklin has been withdrawn from the Calder Park IPC round. His replacement will be named at a later date
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Wizzie wrote:Mitchell Macklin has been withdrawn from the Calder Park IPC round. His replacement will be named at a later date

This died when Salamander ragequit, he deleted the files too apparently.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:
Wizzie wrote:Mitchell Macklin has been withdrawn from the Calder Park IPC round. His replacement will be named at a later date

This died when Salamander ragequit, he deleted the files too apparently.

Wizzie knows this, but he wants to use Macklin in AR 3.5 and Nuppiz gets booty-blasted when a potential AR 3.5 driver is active in another series, so he told wizzie to withdraw Macklin from a dead series. Hilarious, isn't it? Speaking of AR 3.5: if you wanna move your driver from one heat to another, switch their numbers within the team.