The _TCC Series Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Londoner

Re: The _TCC Series Thread

Post by Londoner »

Dan Welch confirmed as using the TOCA engine. :dance:

Some superb liveries being unveiled at Media Day. The BMR Subarus look fantastic.

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
AlliotsUsualAccident

Post by AlliotsUsualAccident »

East Londoner wrote:Dan Welch confirmed as using the TOCA engine. :dance:

Some superb liveries being unveiled at Media Day. The BMR Subarus look fantastic.

love the Honda look as well, the orange & black is slick

I'm going to call the Levorg by its reverse name: the Grovel this year :D
Samster

Post by Samster »

Here are all the liveries
http://www.touringcartimes.com/2016/03/ ... gton-park/

With a fair bit of black on them, the Halfords Honda don't look nearly as bad as they did during 2004-2008. In fact they kind of remind me of the Arrows Orange liveries.

MG actually have an alright livery for once.

Alex Martin's new Dextra livery no longers looks like it was made with NR2003's in game livery designer. :P

I even like Tony Gilham's cars mixing RCIB's orange, black and white with his usual pink and green.

My favourite has to be Andrew Jordan's Pirtek Focus which seems to be a chrome blue, disapointed that Jackson's is still white. Dan Welch's is a close second. Stewart Lines and Chris Smiley's are quite nice simple designs too.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

The Subarus are horribly generic. Bland, insipid, blech. Not a fan of the way that RCIB have shat their logo over half the field.

Regardless, Jordan and Morgan have lovely cars.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

OK, I admit I was wrong about the Halfords livery on the Hondas - they have made it look nice. I'm not as bowled over by most of the others as some of you seem to be though - the Dextra car is horrid, and Gilham's ones look awful!

Also, never mind the livery (which I think is OK) do people really like those Subarus? Because I think they're pig ugly. Just right for Plato then.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Have they introduced a rule that they have RCIB logos on the cars. Give it a few years and half the grid will be called RCIB racing while the other half will be BMR
Samster

Post by Samster »

Ataxia wrote:The Subarus are horribly generic. Bland, insipid, blech.

And hence looks just like your typical manufacturer livery. :P
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Samster wrote:
Ataxia wrote:The Subarus are horribly generic. Bland, insipid, blech.

And hence looks just like your typical manufacturer livery. :P

You saying?

Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Subaru should have done something vaguely similar to to the old WRC liveries. Mildly disappointed they didn't
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Reject news!
Citroën Benelux will run an Ex-Loeb WTCC car, adapted to the TCR rules for the TCR Benelux championship.
The drivers are:
Eric Van De Poele and Jan Lammers! Now that's a line-up to look forward too!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Tom Ingram!!!!!!!!! :D
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

Samster

Post by Samster »

Miguel98 wrote:Tom Ingram!!!!!!!!! :D

Most surprising pole in a long time. Hope he can win tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Motorbase are disappointingly only 9th and 14th on the grid while the Subarus are no where. Only Turkington was any where near the front in 11th while Plato is back in 23rd. :P On a more positive note, the MGs did surprisingly well. :)
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

GET IN THERE TOM INGRAM! :D :dance: :dance:

Bearing in mind he did that on pure pace with the entire field ballast-free, it makes the performance even more incredible. That was a mental first race of the season, they were driving like it was Race 3 out there. Also, points for Jake Hill and Dan Welch. :dance:

ROTR has to be Shunter Abbott for causing two accidents, giving us that horrendously scary moment with the marshal picking up debris outside Surtees with the field roaring past. Andy Neate typically wasting that works Honda in the lower midfield deserves a mention.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

I cried at the end of the race....

Incredible to see Tommy win! :D

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

And the weather is absolutely stunning here at Brands. And boy do those Scoobys make a wonderful noise!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I can sum up Race 2 with the following phrase: fack de Collard.

More points for Dan Welch today, whilst Andy Neate continues to be an absolute disgrace. With the best team and package on the grid, he finished 26th. :badoer:
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Adam Morgan wins Race 3 to nicely tie up a great day's racing at Brands. The big story is Shedden DNFing after a puncture. Maybe there's a curse on race winners this season?

Shoutouts to Dan Welch for his first proper competitive weekend since 2013, Jake Hill for a great first two races, shame the car conked out when he reached the top 10, and Jeff Smith for finishing 7th in Race 3. Not bad for a 50 year old gentleman driver.

Donington in two weeks time, and I reckon the Subarus will be on top 10 pace by then. Maybe a reverse grid victory for one of them?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Saw the first two races then switched to F1 so I'll catch race 3 once it's up online.

Amazing to see Ingram win race 1, and the MGs too with some decent pace. Ashley Sutton did a great job on his debut. As for race 2, clearly Collard was pissed with Ingram for giving him that initial nudge, so the mindless retaliation was understandable but really really stupid. Robbed us of a decent race there.

I know it's early days but its hard to see past the Hondas for overall honours this year. The Subarus will improve but thats already one weekend with only a handful of points, so the challenge will fall to the BMWs and Motorbase I guess.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AndreaModa wrote:Saw the first two races then switched to F1 so I'll catch race 3 once it's up online.

I was trackside for the BTCC, so I still have the GP to catch up on ( this currently feels like the safe part of the forum to linger on until I catch up). Brilliant racing, lovely weather, and some drivers I hadn't heard of. Who is Mike Epps?! But Chris Smiley's name rang a bell.

And in the Formula Ford MSA Formula Four, the Pirtek livery looked stunning. But based on today's race alone, I don't think that Carrie Schreiner will make it to F1, but she did OK - qualified about 12th, finished 15th out of 19. Not a debutant, apparently, but it wasn't a disgrace by any means.

Oh, and the Subarus sound wonderful, and distinctively louder than the others, just as the diesel Seat Leons were quiet a few years ago. On that note, I remember there being diesel and LPG cars in the past. Do BTCC rules allow for alternative power trains still, like hybrids or hydrogen fuel cells, or are those days in the past in the name of cost-cutting?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
andrew

Post by andrew »

Samster

Post by Samster »

andrew wrote:And Andy neate has gone. http://www.touringcartimes.com/2016/04/ ... e-departs/

Just what was even the point in his return if he decided his heart wasn't in it after one round. :facepalm:

Wonder who takes over the TBL as it was mentioned it would be reallocated by Thruxton.
AlliotsUsualAccident

Post by AlliotsUsualAccident »

Samster wrote:
andrew wrote:And Andy neate has gone. http://www.touringcartimes.com/2016/04/ ... e-departs/

Just what was even the point in his return if he decided his heart wasn't in it after one round. :facepalm:

Wonder who takes over the TBL as it was mentioned it would be reallocated by Thruxton.

Image totally bizarre. Unless running the 3rd car is too expensive, why give back the TBL? Would it have been too difficult to bring in a younger up and coming driver who deserves a shot with the team?
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

AlliotsUsualAccident wrote:
Samster wrote:

Image totally bizarre. Unless running the 3rd car is too expensive, why give back the TBL? Would it have been too difficult to bring in a younger up and coming driver who deserves a shot with the team?

The third TBL was leased from TOCA. Dont know what the agreement for that was So they probably had no choice but to give it back.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Two cracking races at Donington Park so far, the highlight of which has to be that insane battle between Goff, Ingram and Aron Smith just now. Goff and Ingram spent an entire lap side by side.

Mat Jackson winning Race 1 and finishing 2nd in a max-ballasted car. Maybe this finally is his year to take the title. :dance:
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Decent 3rd race at Donington Park, but I would have enjoyed it a lot more if the soft tyre cars weren't pretty much undriveable at the end of the race. Half the field were basically sitting ducks.

Shoutout to Michael Epps for his first BTCC points finish.
andrew

Post by andrew »

East Londoner wrote:Decent 3rd race at Donington Park, but I would have enjoyed it a lot more if the soft tyre cars weren't pretty much undriveable at the end of the race. Half the field were basically sitting ducks.

Shoutout to Michael Epps for his first BTCC points finish.

The lack of safety cars probably played a factor.
Samster

Post by Samster »

ROTR has to be Matt Simpson for getting all three strikes in just two races. I was there trackside and got a good laugh at him taking out Dan Welch and getting insta-karmed when the Proton slid back into him. :D I had a feeling he'd be a wrecking ball given his background and it looks like he'll be giving Alex Martin a run for his money, he's already 3-2 up for wrecks by my count. :P

Meanwhile it looks like Eurotech will have that third car out after all and they have scored a decent driver too in Daniel Lloyd. They will receive the TBL that Dynamics gave up.
http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/btcc/eurotec ... c-licence/
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I actually gave WTCC a chance today given the rave reviews I've heard about the first two rounds of the season. The first race at the Hungaroring today was insane, and the second race was building up to a crescendo before...it was ruined by some of the worst stewarding I've ever witnessed. Huff was given a DTP for lightly touching Muller's car as he battled for 2nd (and given his pace he would've taken the fight to Lopez at the end). Total bullshit. It's like the stewards haven't even seen touring car racing. I think at least three other drivers got DTPs for contact (it was pouring down at the Hungaroring), bathplug WTCC.

Ah well, BTCC is back in a fortnight, so we can watch some proper touring car action.
Last edited by Londoner on 24 Apr 2016, 16:08, edited 2 times in total.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Wtcc stewards are most possibly the most retarded people to walk this earth.

The other DTPs went to Bennani for hitting Monterio and Valente for taking a shortcut. However those who hit Norbi and Coronel on lap 1 got away with it. (If Norbi gets done for the final lap, the stewards will not be alive for Morroco)
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

WTCC, when will they finally manage to get a decent size grid?
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:WTCC, when will they finally manage to get a decent size grid?

As soon as the on-track action becomes as exciting as in the BTCC!
MCard LOLA
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Belgian touring cars aren't usually mentionworthy, but the TCR benelux looks promising, as not only the Van De Poele-Lammers combination will drive (though their WTCC-citroën is not official, as it's a TCC-car, not a TCR-car) but also Tiago Monteiro and Michael Bleekemolen will represent the former F1 drivers.
For the first time in years, it looks like we finally got ourselves a proper touring car series. Let's hope the old days of the procar in the nineties can be revived.
It's also finally a true Benelux series, as they will actually be having a round in Luxembourg.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Meanwhile, things go from bad to worse for BMR Subaru.

I must confess I like the Schadenfreude of this recent trend of manufacturers entering series and being immediately shite. Honda in F1, Nissan in WEC, and now Subaru in BTCC. :pantano:

Aiden Moffat on the front row for the first race at Thruxton. The NGTC Mercs have traditionally been very strong here, so could he have his first BTCC win in half an hour's time?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

A race of two halves at Thruxton. Laps 1-8 were some of the best BTCC racing I've ever seen, Laps 9 to the red flag were downright scary. Dunlop have some big issues to sort out.

Martin Depper finished P4 and Dan Welch P8 as a result of the huge front straight accident that decimated the midfield. Both works Hondas and both works MGs have huge damage to sort out.
andrew

Post by andrew »

A message to Matt Neal. Shut up.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

andrew wrote:A message to Matt Neal. Shut up.

Matt Neal wrote:These halfwits creamed into me.

Absolutely disgraceful interview. He should be parked for that alone. Guarantee he won't though.
andrew

Post by andrew »

East Londoner wrote:

Absolutely disgraceful interview. He should be parked for that alone. Guarantee he won't though.

Exactly, no mention of him forcing Imgram into Moffat on lap 1 and trying to force someone else off ghe road. He turned into cook causing the carnage.
Samster

Post by Samster »

East Londoner wrote:

Creamed into him? He's the halfwit that attempted to drive across traffic into the pit lane. Dunlop may have ROTR locked up but Neal was easily the cause of that pile up. Also there was no way his tires would last the distance the way he was racing with all the ballast on board. Halfwit is putting it lightly for him today.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

And because of the temperatures and tyres, the remaining races have been reduced from 16 to 12 laps. Let's hope it helps...
MCard LOLA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Andy Jordan gets an emotional first win since Croft 2014. Shedden put in a champion's drive from 23rd to 4th by the chequered flag.

A first top 10 for Dan Lloyd, whilst Dan Welch grabs another top 10 in the Proton. All this now means Rob facking Collard leads the points standings. :o

EDIT: DAN WELCH HAS REVERSE GRID POLE WHAT IS THIS. :chilton: :dance: