2016 Australian Grand Prix

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
sswishbone

Re: 2016 Australian Grand Prix

Post by sswishbone »

It actually looked like the screenshot of the car in the lake from the old "Driven" review that used to be up, literally nothing left
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
AlliotsUsualAccident

Post by AlliotsUsualAccident »

from the replays it looks like Gutierrez braked very early with no clue Alonso was behind him, and in the middle of the racing line like that....jeez!

reminiscent of my handle's namesake
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

I like Gene Haas. Seems like a nice chap.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Rio is out :cry:
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

"Timmy Mallet at Mclaren, well it's been a wacky day" BOOOOOOO!!!
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

What the hell is Timmy Mallett doing there!?
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Paul Hayes wrote:What the hell is Timmy Mallett doing there!?

If there was ever a question I never expected to see in F1...

lol Kimi showing he really is the iceman
Last edited by sswishbone on 20 Mar 2016, 06:03, edited 2 times in total.

Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

There goes Kimi.
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

I don't remember ever seeing flames coming out of the airbox quite like that before?
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Raikkonen almost fry his head

Decent race until now
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

GO GROSJEAAAAANNN

The best Grosjean since Sebastian
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

So is Palmer going to be the next Di Resta? Next Brit to be adored by Crofty and Brundle who's pretty average.
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

It's interesting to see the relative pace of the cars all being similar, Melbourne never a true a reflection of pace though, I expect at Bahrain Mercedes will walk it

AlliotsUsualAccident

Post by AlliotsUsualAccident »

Aguaman wrote:So is Palmer going to be the next Di Resta? Next Brit to be adored by Crofty and Brundle who's pretty average.

How much of that is simply trying to appeal to their audience? Or could it possibly be an emperor's new clothes scenario given Dad Jonathan's charisma/clout in UK motorsports? The NBC broadcast here is pumping up Haas beyond belief :D
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Welp Vettel and Ferrari.
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

AlliotsUsualAccident wrote:
Aguaman wrote:So is Palmer going to be the next Di Resta? Next Brit to be adored by Crofty and Brundle who's pretty average.

How much of that is simply trying to appeal to their audience? Or could it possibly be an emperor's new clothes scenario given Dad Jonathan's charisma/clout in UK motorsports? The NBC broadcast here is pumping up Haas beyond belief :D

I have no issues with it because appealing to the british. It's just funny.
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Haas deserve it though first race weekend and ahead of Force Indias, williams and Mclarens? Way beyond expectations. Palmer hasn't done anything really this race aside from that one defensive drive with Bottas

Gotta say Ferrari really screwed up with that stoppage period, why the hell did they not change tyres?

sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Shut up Verstappen, talk on the track!

Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Lame. Ericsson is out slowly.
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Verstappen is really beginning to annoy me now, if Sainz is so slow PASS HIM! Stop throwing your toys out of the pram

Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

sswishbone wrote:Verstappen is really beginning to annoy me now, if Sainz is so slow PASS HIM! Stop throwing your toys out of the pram

He's like 18-19. A bit harsh.
tBone

Post by tBone »

Aguaman wrote:
sswishbone wrote:Verstappen is really beginning to annoy me now, if Sainz is so slow PASS HIM! Stop throwing your toys out of the pram

He's like 18-19. A bit harsh.

He is showing the kind of behavior why I don't like Hamilton. A big contrast to the rookie who kept his cool so often last year.
YOUR
LOGO

Here
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

So after all that, a Mercedes 1-2. Still, at least it's a Rosberg win!
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

HAAAAAAAAAAASSSSS
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

HAAS ON THEIR WAY TO UNREJECTIFICATION
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Some really big positives, great battle through the field, Alonso walking away after that accident, Haas scoring on debut and scoring well, yes, a good race, just hope the rest of the season lives up to it

David Croft "Did anyone Hassume?" BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

F1000X

Post by F1000X »

Aguaman wrote:Welp Vettel and Ferrari.

Say hello to 2016.
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

tBone wrote:the rookie who kept his cool so often last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhO1aMVLhas
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
andrew

Post by andrew »

To be fair to Verstappen he was complete screwed over by events out of his control.
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Ahhh Britney and Mark. Good times.
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Seb and Mark. Even better times. DRENCHED MARK.
tBone

Post by tBone »

tommykl wrote:
tBone wrote:the rookie who kept his cool so often last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhO1aMVLhas

Monaco would have been a better example of an exception, by the way.
YOUR
LOGO

Here
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Most active race thread in a long time, I think, and with fair cause. Can't wait for the new Rejects Podcast, a great weekend to discuss. And glad to see Alonso get out OK.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Manor have 172 points according to Sky
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

I may be biased, but I think Max would have had a far better shot at overtaking Perez and the other cars at the front. That doesn't justify his constant complaining today, but Toro Rosso could have played his cards better.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
mario

Post by mario »

AlliotsUsualAccident wrote:

There is likely to be an element of playing to the home crowd, but I could see why Brundle might be more favourably disposed towards Palmer on personal grounds, given that Brundle's own career in motorsport overlapped with that of Palmer's father and they have worked together as members of the BRDC.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
IceG

Post by IceG »

I think Brundle got it right when he commented that the new tyre regulations have mixed things up well.

There were multiple dynamic strategy options playing out throughout the field. Could be that this will normalise itself as the teams get a handle on the wear vs. grip capabilities, or rather all the other teams catch up to Mercedes level of understanding.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

IceG wrote:I think Brundle got it right when he commented that the new tyre regulations have mixed things up well.

There were multiple dynamic strategy options playing out throughout the field. Could be that this will normalise itself as the teams get a handle on the wear vs. grip capabilities, or rather all the other teams catch up to Mercedes level of understanding.

Of course, the teams have had to select their tyre allocations many weeks in advance, so any decisions made now will influence the races in the mid-season, so it may not be until post-Canada where tyre choices and strategies become much more refined.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
IceG

Post by IceG »

dr-baker wrote: Of course, the teams have had to select their tyre allocations many weeks in advance, so any decisions made now will influence the races in the mid-season, so it may not be until post-Canada where tyre choices and strategies become much more refined.

Very good point, I had forgotten the tyre choices were baked in for a while.
Samster

Post by Samster »

Am I the only one who finds these free pitstop under red flag rule utter bull :mrgreen: How is allow teams to make pitstops under red without losing position remotely fair? :facepalm: Okay it got Haas some big points but they may have managed around 10th on merit given how things played out. And Vettel got screwed out of a win, Torro Rosso got screwed out of big points and Mercedes got handed an undeserved 1-2 just because the red flag came out at the best time for them.

Other than that, a fun race and happy to see both Haas and Manor able to mix it with the rest of the teams and be a match on pace. Grosjean never really looked like he would be passed by anyone behind. Looks like being the most fought over wooden spoon since 2009 with McLaren, Sauber, Renault, Haas and Manor all with a genuine chance of finishing the season in last. :D
Last edited by Samster on 20 Mar 2016, 19:16, edited 1 time in total.