The Alessandro Zanardi IndyCar Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
roblo97

Re: The Alessandro Zanardi IndyCar Thread

Post by roblo97 »

He sure has Talent in order to drive for a team like Chip Ganassi Racing!
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

We may have another Triple Clown winner in a few months then! :D
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

I imagined him driving last year's Kanaan car, the one with Taylor Swift sponsorship, shocking
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Max Chilton has really proven his talent with his maiden oval victory at Newton, Iowa, in his first season in IndyLights. He really impressed me with this, and from that, I can easily understand what Chip Ganassi sees in him. :chilton:

Let's see how he performs compared to the results of Graham Rahal and Sage Karam in their respective first years with this team.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Well, he could hardly be less of a disaster than Karam...
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Bryan Herta's formed an alliance with Andretti, meaning his car will now be preped in Andretti's workshops. However, it seems that Gabby Chaves has been unable to keep his seat.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

East Londoner wrote:Bryan Herta's formed an alliance with Andretti, meaning his car will now be preped in Andretti's workshops. However, it seems that Gabby Chaves has been unable to keep his seat.

And one Alexander Rossi who since last year is eligible for a profile on the predecessor of this very website we're speaking on now, has been mentioned in the media as the prime candidate for this ride. Rossi himself is also eyeing the Manor MRT reserve driver role.

Elsewhere, Dale Coyne has come out and said that Luca Filippi is first in line to drive his team's 2nd car for the whole season but the deal is not done yet. He also stated that former Indy Lights Champion Tristan Vautier has also been in the running for this seat but is now out of the picture because he does not bring enough Coyne.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Miguel98 wrote:Rossi has been confirmed to drive the Andretti-Herta car.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alexander-rossi-signs-with-andretti-herta-autosport-675074/

So that's two ex-Manor drivers going to the States. At this rate I'm fully expecting Will Stevens to get the other Dale Coyne drive instead of Filippi :P
#FreeGonzo
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

It has been announced that both Dean Stoneman and Felix Rosenqvist are doing Indy Lights this year.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

Miguel98 wrote:It has been announced that both Dean Stoneman and Felix Rosenqvist are doing Indy Lights this year.

Great news for both of them. I won't be surprised if both make the big time and BOTH win at least one championship. I could see Stoneman right up there along the likes of the Unser's, the Will Power's, the Dario Franchitti's, the Scott Dixons, the Mario Andretti's of the Indycar world. He's that good a driver.
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

It's back.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
nome66

Post by nome66 »

too bad JPM and Toyota aren't involved..... or for that matter, Zanardi or Honda
I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

ORIOL SERVIA IS REPLACING WILL POWER AT PENSKE :o

Granted, it's just for St Petes, as Power is clearly still suffering from illness, but still, what a turn up for the books.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Dale Coyne Racing running 4th and 5th on merit after the first pit cycle. :D
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

That mayhem.. Oh, Helio :facepalm:

golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Like the last season, Penske starts the season steamrolling everyone. We will see a Power vs Montoya again, maybe with Pagenaud in the mix. Helio making the same mistakes of the last years.
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

Alex Tagliani, who has been unlucky in his major NASCAR stints as of recent years, will be back with A.J. Foyt for the Indy 500.

http://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/ ... 00-680164/
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Three big crashes for Honda cars at Phoenix today. Hinch, Sato and Munoz have all smacked the wall hard. Munoz is undergoing evaluation for soft tissue damage to his legs. :(

But before that:

TALENT. :D
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Brazilian first row for Phoenix. :dance: I don't remember the last time this happened.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Dj_bereta wrote:Brazilian first row for Phoenix. :dance: I don't remember the last time this happened.

That would be 5 races ago :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Watched most of Phoenix at the pub, was a fairly good race but Dixon never really looked like loosing it after taking the lead. Shame about the late caution though
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

A shame this race ended in a caution because Dixon got stuck behind backmakers and everyone were starting to catch him.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

I feel there was way too much crashing in practice at Phoenix.

I didn't care much for the addition of this event, to be honest. Yet, it's good to know that it turned out nicely. However, it is still way out of my time zone.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Helio in the pole and Will Power chocked again. The Brazilian has another chance to convert his pole in a victory.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

I only realised from this video

https://youtu.be/ADIlyv27bw4?t=2m57s

Max Chilton pls
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Pagenaud is on fire. Race win in Long Beach and now pole in Alabama. He is showing 2015 was just a bad year.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Yeah, IndyCar really have to look again at the aero on these cars. Last season they had the balance pretty much right, but they've got too much of it this season. St Petes was alright, Phoenix was meh, Long Beach was meh and Barber's been pretty much the same. A real shame, I was looking forward to this season more so than the other series I watch. :(
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

I agree. The pursuit of Indycar to make faster cars annoys me. Too much downforce and this is resulting in the lack of action in the races.

I missed the race but I watched the last laps in Youtube. Good battle between Rahal and Pagenaud with Hawksworth in the mix. Blue flags rules in F1 are too broken. I want to see a battle like this in F1, with the leaders fighting with the backmakers.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Graham Rahal made things pretty interesting at Barber.

That was a good race.

I've missed the rest of the season so far, though, and I don't know yet which other rounds I can manage to watch due to time zone constraints and preferring to meet friends over sitting in front of a screen.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

The press releases from the end of last week make it appear as though, as a replacement for the cancelled Boston round, it's either Watkins Glen #IndyOrBust or Gateway #IndyOrBust or bust. That overall situation places this years-old hashtag in a different light. :pantano:
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Third win in-a-row for Pagenaud! Fifth podium finish in-a-row! With only five races he has a comfortable lead of 76 points! With almost 1/3 of the championship done, we could say Pagenaud is the favorite for the title. What an improvement for the most disappointing driver of the last year.

Good race for Hinchcliffe too. Looks like Andretti made a mistake in firing him.

ROTR for Will Chocker and his amateurish spin while trying to hold Rossi.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I'm now getting excited. In a fortnight, I will be out in Indianapolis to watch the Indy 500. Not expecting Pippa Mann, Katherine Legge or Max Chilton to win, but still expecting a good race and good atmosphere. Be interesting to see how it compares to Monza/Silverstone/Brands Hatch/Donnington Park/etc.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

You never know, you might meet the ONLY TRUE ALL-AMERICAN RACING HERO, DONALD Z. PENTECOST, SOON TO BE GIVEN THE MOST SUPREME ORDER OF THE CHEESEBURGER-AND-APPLE-PIE-EATING BALD EAGLE BY THE GREATEST PRESIDENT 'MERICUH EVER HAD, DONALD J. TRUMP, WHOSE FIRST NAME IS THE CLEAR INDICATION OF A WINNER. Y'ALL WON'T GET *THAT* IN A HURRY, GENE HAAS, Y'HEAR ME?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

Dj_bereta wrote:Third win in-a-row for Pagenaud! Fifth podium finish in-a-row! With only five races he has a comfortable lead of 76 points! With almost 1/3 of the championship done, we could say Pagenaud is the favorite for the title. What an improvement for the most disappointing driver of the last year.

Good race for Hinchcliffe too. Looks like Andretti made a mistake in firing him.

ROTR for Will Chocker and his amateurish spin while trying to hold Rossi.

Simon is more than making up for his surprising lack of wins last year. I knew he'd be someone to watch in the Penske and he's proving last year was a fluke.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:You never know, you might meet the ONLY TRUE ALL-AMERICAN RACING HERO, DONALD Z. PENTECOST, SOON TO BE GIVEN THE MOST SUPREME ORDER OF THE CHEESEBURGER-AND-APPLE-PIE-EATING BALD EAGLE BY THE GREATEST PRESIDENT 'MERICUH EVER HAD, DONALD J. TRUMP, WHOSE FIRST NAME IS THE CLEAR INDICATION OF A WINNER. Y'ALL WON'T GET *THAT* IN A HURRY, GENE HAAS, Y'HEAR ME?

Yeah, and I'll tell him exactly what Donald's surname means over here in England, where the English language was invented and shaped and honed, and I'll ask whether that is the source of his clean fuel source, or whether it's all the hot air that spews forth from their mouths! And I'll ask whether he also plans to become the oldest ever debut Indy 500 winner with an engine of his own design...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Hinchtown's pole run from yesterday

One has to wonder how Alex Tagliani keeps getting rides for the 500. How long can he trade on that fortuitous 2004 ChampCar win at Road America and that 2011 Indy pole? :facepalm:
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Well, we could say "the lack of other drivers with a bit of talent or experience". Maybe sponsors too.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Unbelievable finish for the Freedom 100 just now. There was two THOUSANDTHS of a second separating the winner from 2nd place. :shock:

Stoneman. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: