The _TCC Series Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Peteroli34

Re: The _TCC Series Thread

Post by Peteroli34 »

Samster wrote:
I only count the Paras and 2nd Austin TBLs as unaccounted for. Handy will be running two cars.

Handy Announced a week or so ago that they were only going to run one car this season. With them not running a 2nd car that TBL would become quite valuable to them so could loan it out to another team.

http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/btcc/handy-motorsport-to-run-sole-entry-despite-securing-second-tbl/
AlliotsUsualAccident

Post by AlliotsUsualAccident »

East Londoner wrote:Unsurprisingly, Paras Racing are withdrawing from the BTCC.

Feel sorry for the Paras themselves, but good riddance to the Palmers. Biggest jackasses in the BTCC paddock since the days of Chris James. What a scummy team.

Infiniti was also pretty slimy in pulling out their support midway through last season.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AlliotsUsualAccident wrote:

Feel sorry for the Paras themselves, but good riddance to the Palmers. Biggest jackasses in the BTCC paddock since the days of Chris James. What a scummy team.

Infiniti was also pretty slimy in pulling out their support midway through last season.

Hardly; they gave the Palmers quite a bit of money to get the car to a competitive standard in order to showcase their brand; the team proceeded to burn through that money with very little to show for it. In fact, I've been told that bailiffs threatened to repossess some of SOPR's assets due to unpaid bills at Thruxton; it begs the question what they actually did with the money.

It was no surprise Infiniti pulled their support, and I think every manufacturer would've done the same.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Samster

Post by Samster »

Tony Gilham gets a 2nd TBL, so we are back to 30 cars. Its not mentioned where the TBL transferred from though. Wonder which of Gilham's army of random pay drivers will run alongside Smiley?
http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/btcc/team-ha ... -for-2016/
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Samster wrote:Tony Gilham gets a 2nd TBL, so we are back to 30 cars. Its not mentioned where the TBL transferred from though. Wonder which of Gilham's army of random pay drivers will run alongside Smiley?
http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/btcc/team-ha ... -for-2016/

Well, the identity of Gilham's second driver is none other than...JAKE HILL. :D :dance:

Proper made up for him, he's a great young driver, and hopefully he can spring some surprises in the Toyota this season.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

So thats 5 seats that are still available

x2 - MG
x1 - Eurotech
x1 - AMD
x1 - Power Maxed
Samster

Post by Samster »

peteroli34 wrote:So thats 5 seats that are still available

x2 - MG
x1 - Eurotech
x1 - AMD
x1 - Power Maxed

Someone on the BTCC.net forum mentioned that Aron Smith and Ashley Sutton were signed but not announced at Triple Eight which matches what I predicted earlier. But take it with a pinch of salt till its announced, there's been so many twists this off-season. Josh Cook also may be a contender if he is not still at Power Maxed.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

And the MG team is confirmed!

JOSH COOK :D
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Samster

Post by Samster »

Josh Cook and Ashley Sutton.
http://www.btcc.net/2016/03/08/mg-tripl ... r-pairing/

Will Aron Smith even be on the grid this season? Only Power Maxed, Eurotech and AmD still have drives avaliable. I'll be so mad if his career has been screwed by Plato's Brands Hatch whining. :facepalm:
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Samster wrote:Josh Cook and Ashley Sutton.

Will Aron Smith even be on the grid this season? Only Power Maxed, Eurotech and AmD still have drives avaliable. I'll be so mad if his career has been screwed by Plato's Brands Hatch whining. :facepalm:

I'm considering a theory regarding what happened to Aron Smith:
In his twitter account, he still share BMR stuff, and he still attends events from BMR. I think that Smith didn't get dropped by the team, but instead got demoted to test driver (like what happened to Menu after 2014).
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Ive heard a few rumours that Aron Smith will be staying with BMR but in a another series possibly GT racing.

It seems that Cook joined MG because he couldn't afford the PMR drive. Abbott joined them because he couldn't afford the Handy drive.
Handy > PMR > 888

So 3 seats left them and ive not heard anyone linked to the Eurotech or AMD seats?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AmD have handed a return to BTCC for Ollie Jackson. They might have be capable of managing a few points, but nothing more.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Samster

Post by Samster »

The new B-TEC series has been postponed to next season. Disappointing but unsurprising given they still only had Gallagher signed up for the series with only a couple of weeks before the first round. BKR are looking into the possibity of securing one of the two remaining TBLs in BTCC instead.

http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/b-tec-develo ... ntil-2017/
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Tony Gilham's barmy army has secured a third TBL.

Remember what happened last time he tried to expand his team too quickly? :badoer:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Samster

Post by Samster »

East Londoner wrote:Tony Gilham's barmy army has secured a third TBL.

Remember what happened last time he tried to expand his team too quickly? :badoer:

My time machine works! Its 2013 again! :P Where is he getting all these Toyotas from, I'm sure there are at most six in existence? Looks like we may well get the full 32 car grid afterall if BKR can get the last one, or hell if Gilham can blag himself a fourth. :D
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Samster wrote:
East Londoner wrote:Tony Gilham's barmy army has secured a third TBL.

My time machine works! Its 2013 again! :P Where is he getting all these Toyotas from, I'm sure there are at most six in existence? Looks like we may well get the full 32 car grid afterall if BKR can get the last one, or hell if Gilham can blag himself a fourth. :D

Ive heard rumours that Hard Acquired the Avensis and the TBL from Eurotech as their 3rd car plans fell through. If that is indeed true i believe that there are still 2 TBL outstanding?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

There's a rumour that Dan Welch will be running his Proton again this year, and there are pictures on TenTenths of a shell being prepared. But, there's a twist. Apparently...he's running the Swindon engine this year. :o :D

I just fear that he's left it too late for the Proton to be competitive again, what with it being one of the oldest cars on the grid (unless he's using the newer car that Ollie Jackson and Andy Wilmot drove in 2014-2015). The Swindon engine will at least ensure that he'll get a chance at being able to race for points, but I can't see top 10s being likely unless we get a demolition derby ala Snetterton race 2 last year.
Samster

Post by Samster »

East Londoner wrote:There's a rumour that Dan Welch will be running his Proton again this year, and there are pictures on TenTenths of a shell being prepared. But, there's a twist. Apparently...he's running the Swindon engine this year. :o :D

I just fear that he's left it too late for the Proton to be competitive again, what with it being one of the oldest cars on the grid (unless he's using the newer car that Ollie Jackson and Andy Wilmot drove in 2014-2015). The Swindon engine will at least ensure that he'll get a chance at being able to race for points, but I can't see top 10s being likely unless we get a demolition derby ala Snetterton race 2 last year.

What he should have done last season. I think he'll be using the newer car, he ran Brands last season with that one as the other was still under repair from his Silverstone collision with Abbott. I expect he'll probably be around 20th in points this season with the Swindon engine.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

In other news, Honda have gone back to the orange of Halfords for this season and are now Team Halfords Yuasa Racing.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2016/03/ ... 2016-btcc/

Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Holy shite, Team Halfords is a thing again?! :shock: Cor, what a silly season this is turning out to be"

In other news, Michael Epps will be driving the third Gilham Toyota. The only thing I know about him is that he's a dead ringer for Charlie Brooker. :P

Samster

Post by Samster »

roblomas52 wrote:In other news, Honda have gone back to the orange of Halfords for this season and are now Team Halfords Yuasa Racing.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2016/03/ ... 2016-btcc/

:mrgreen: I have not missed Halfords liveries.
AlliotsUsualAccident

Samster wrote:Josh Cook and Ashley Sutton.

Totally agree, really unfortunate. He's clearly talented and quick but pissed off the wrong person in Plato last season so perhaps this is his penance. Miguel98 makes a good point, he must still have a deal with them or else he wouldn't be sharing BMR stuff on his social media.
AlliotsUsualAccident

Ataxia wrote:
AlliotsUsualAccident wrote:

Hardly; they gave the Palmers quite a bit of money to get the car to a competitive standard in order to showcase their brand; the team proceeded to burn through that money with very little to show for it. In fact, I've been told that bailiffs threatened to repossess some of SOPR's assets due to unpaid bills at Thruxton; it begs the question what they actually did with the money.

It was no surprise Infiniti pulled their support, and I think every manufacturer would've done the same.

Ooh - just reading back this thread and seeing your reply. That's very interesting and astounding it went sour so quickly. For it to go that bad must rank among the worst all-time in recent BTCC history for a works team :shock:
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Samster wrote: I have not missed Halfords liveries.

I'm right with you there. The Beta Tools liveries that Vittorio Brambilla and the early 80s Arrows cars carried are the only time that racing cars have ever looked good in orange (and no, I haven't forgotten McLaren)

The Hondas just look much better in red and white.

Oh well, the racing world is in balance - one good livery reveal today, one bad.
girry

Post by girry »

when you're dead people start listening
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

giraurd wrote:https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/56/5e/35/565e35548ccf77461312e97e8d0210d6.jpg

The only time?

Indeed.
#FreeGonzo
tBone

Post by tBone »

Simtek wrote:
giraurd wrote:https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/56/5e/35/565e35548ccf77461312e97e8d0210d6.jpg

The only time?

Indeed.

Yup.
YOUR
LOGO

Here
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

tBone wrote:
Simtek wrote:

The only time?

Indeed.

Yup.

Did someone call?
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

James Nash to Craft-Bamboo Lukoil for TCR
http://www.motorsport.com/tcr/news/wtcc ... cr-680097/
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Hah, I knew my comment would stir it up. No to all of those cars for me though......except the Eurobrun, which unsurprisingly I completely forgot about!
andrew

Post by andrew »

The halford livery looks god damn awful on the civic, it looked better but still not good on the integra. The White and red was nicer, but I would rather they go back to the black 2009 car.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

andrew wrote:The halford livery looks god damn awful on the civic, it looked better but still not good on the integra. The White and red was nicer, but I would rather they go back to the black 2009 car.

2009 was about the worst year for Honda in BTCC but the car did look good
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Thompson did well considering he only did about 8 rounds
andrew

Post by andrew »

Quick question. What are these TBL's everyone is talking about?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

andrew wrote:Quick question. What are these TBL's everyone is talking about?

They are licences to enter the championship. You can only enter the championship if you hold one of these licences, but it commits you to running a car for the whole season, and the licence can be removed if it seems that you are not regularly committing to all rounds or are seen to be bringing disrepute or such like to the series.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
andrew

Post by andrew »

dr-baker wrote:

They are licences to enter the championship. You can only enter the championship if you hold one of these licences, but it commits you to running a car for the whole season, and the licence can be removed if it seems that you are not regularly committing to all rounds or are seen to be bringing disrepute or such like to the series.

Thanks Baker.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

andrew wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Thanks Baker.

I've just Googled what TBL stands for - it's TOCA BTCC Licence...
Last edited by dr-baker on 22 Mar 2016, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Bunch of stuff beeing revealed in the BTCC media day:

Quite interesting. I liked the idea of setting the grid based on the fastest lap, but I guess when some drivers started to ignore race 1 to get a good grid position for race 2...

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Meanwhile, Power Maxed Racing have signed a bloke from Emmerdale Farm to drive their second Cruze. No, I don't know either. :pantano:

32 car entry this year. Will we actually see all 32 cars at Brands in less than a fortnight's time? Let's hope so. :dance: