[Proposal] Nevers Magny Cours.

Archive for the three above subforums
el_chasco

[Proposal] Nevers Magny Cours.

Post by el_chasco »

Hy guys.

During the Mexico GP, I was thinking in remake an old F1 track, and I was looking the most important motor countries without a GP, and one of this is France.

The selected track is Nevers Magny Cours (no Newers or Newer xD), and I looked the track old configurations, F1 race videos in this track (the overtaking is very complicated), and the installations, and make and new affordable layout for the F1, with more overtaking possibilities. Post a message with your favourite proposal.

The most voted proposal would be converted to rFactor, and can be sent to the FIA, FOM and Magny Cours responsibles!

And here, my three proposals (you can submit your proposal):

-Proposal 1:

-Proposal 2:

-Proposal 3:

I hope that you like it.

Please, comment your impressions about my three proposals, and the possible improvements.
AxelP800

Re: [Proposal] Nevers Magny Cours.

Post by AxelP800 »

Hi el_chasco, I appreciate your effort for doing this but I'm pessimistic that FIA/FOM actually cares about these kind of things. Magny circuit owners may still consider it but the layout works for Superbike currently.
Nevertheless, I vote for proposal number 3 because of more overtaking chances. Cheers
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Honestly, I think all 3 layouts leave a little to be desired. The second chicane in all three breaks up the run to the third hairpin, lessening its potential as an overtaking spot, but is not slow enough to offset this with its own overtaking potential. The final corner could also do with tightening, perhaps a bit more than in the first instance, but perhaps lengthen or eliminate the curve before it so as not to limit the possible angle of attack into it.

Just my two cents.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Honestly, I'm not really a fan of any of these proposals. All of them have that awkward chicane just before the Adelaide hairpin. I don't quite see the point of tightening the first of the two fast chicanes. It disrupts the flow, without being tight enough to encourage overtaking. I like that you removed the final chicane. A chicane so closely after a hairpin never quite made sense to me.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
el_chasco

Post by el_chasco »

Thanks for your oppinions!

I will quit the chicane in Adelaide, and put a double corner, like the old-old track:

This could be better?
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

el_chasco wrote:Thanks for your oppinions!

I will quit the chicane in Adelaide, and put a double corner, like the old-old track:

This could be better?

Adelaide is the best overtaking place on the circuit already. Any change to that part of the lap would, in my view, be pointless.
#FreeGonzo
el_chasco

Post by el_chasco »

Simtek wrote:
el_chasco wrote:Thanks for your oppinions!

This could be better?

Adelaide is the best overtaking place on the circuit already. Any change to that part of the lap would, in my view, be pointless.

OK. Thanks.
el_chasco

Post by el_chasco »

The inside section is OK, or I put more corners?
el_chasco

Post by el_chasco »

AxelP800 wrote:Hi el_chasco, I appreciate your effort for doing this but I'm pessimistic that FIA/FOM actually cares about these kind of things. Magny circuit owners may still consider it but the layout works for Superbike currently.

The old track will survive: is only a new alternative layout.

The end chicane, yes, this will be deleted.
el_chasco

Post by el_chasco »

This proposal is better?

AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
el_chasco

Post by el_chasco »

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:Here's my version http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6747655

Thanks!

I like ith, but the first corner is a good place to take the slipstream from that corner, to the Adelaide hairpin, and overtake in this place.

The 180º Corner modification I like it, because in the final apex, the cars needs to brake more, and the cars will be more together, but in the reality could be the inverse (like the 90% theory vs reality).

The Imola corner modification, I doesn't like because they are nearly the Chateau d'eau, a slow corner (after the 2002/2003 modification, this corner was a "constant" radius corner, and this breaks the track flow, and converts into a stop-start track, the undesired effect.

My suggestion is to make a esses.

The last part I like it,, because the Chicane in the actual track isn't neccesary.

Mixing your track and my ideas, here is the result:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6750120