The Alexandros Margaritis DTM Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The Alexandros Margaritis DTM Thread

Post by Faustus »

BMW announces the driver line-ups:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112109
Last edited by Faustus on 18 Jan 2014, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

Nico Muller, the Swiss driver who finished fifth in the Formula Renault 3.5 series, will drive for Audi in the 2014 DTM season. https://www.audi-motorsport.info/v2/public/en/2014/press-release/single/id/8257
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

In tin-tops, we've already had Yvan Muller, Dirk Muller and Jorg Muller. Good to see another Muller with a 4-letter first name in tin-tops!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

lol, another Muller?
Deutsche Tourenwagen Mullers.

Well, it's no surprise.
A quick search for the most common surnames in Germany, even though Nico is Swiss, shows Muller at #1:

http://german.about.com/od/names/a/German-Surnames.htm
The following is a listing of the top one hundred German last names currently in Germany. The list was created by searching for the most common surnames in 2012 via German telephone books.

1. Muller
2. Schmidt
3. Schneider
4. Fischer
5. Weber
-*:-
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Nico Muller is Swiss and Yvan Muller is French (albeit from Alsace...). So only half the Mullers in this list are German...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

dr-baker wrote:So only half the Mullers in this list are German...

I wonder what half a 'Muller' would look like?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Jocke1 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:So only half the Mullers in this list are German...

I wonder what half a 'Muller' would look like?

Image???
MCard LOLA
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Look at Muller taking that corner! He'll win for sure.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

This thread sure got weird in a hurry :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Jocke1 wrote:1. Muller
2. Schmidt
3. Schneider
4. Fischer
5. Weber

So Miller, Smith, Taylor, Fisher and Weaver, then? :P
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wizzie wrote:This thread sure got weird in a hurry :lol:

Yeah, often happens in real-life conversations with me... ;)
MCard LOLA
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

dr-baker wrote:
Wizzie wrote:This thread sure got weird in a hurry :lol:

Yeah, often happens in real-life conversations with me... ;)

You show those kind of pictures in real-life conversations too?
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

There are no "Muller's" like the one above, available in any super market where I'm at,
here they are called Risifrutti:

and I don't care for them at all. Image
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Jocke1 wrote:There are no "Muller's" like the one above, available in any super market where I'm at,

Well, nothing will taste good with that kind of lighting.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

The most predictable rumour is confirmed, di Resta is back with Mercedes and apparently he will the reserve driver for the F1 team:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112205

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112206
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Bumping this thread up because I love the name :D

Oschersleben round was bathplugging brilliant, and this comes from me - a guy that is not very much into DTM. Vietoris' victory - first in his career and first for Mercedes this season - totally unexpected given how the race started for him.
Not a very impressive comeback from his team-mate, but given how the cars have changed since his last outing in 2010 I'm not surprised, and once he gets the hang of it, he'll most likely give Vietoris the works :P
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Pointrox wrote:Bumping this thread up because I love the name :D

Oschersleben round was bathplugging brilliant, and this comes from me - a guy that is not very much into DTM. Vietoris' victory - first in his career and first for Mercedes this season - totally unexpected given how the race started for him.
Not a very impressive comeback from his team-mate, but given how the cars have changed since his last outing in 2010 I'm not surprised, and once he gets the hang of it, he'll most likely give Vietoris the works :P

To be fair, the Merc's an absolute crapbox of a car, and Glass of Milk did get helped into the gravel trap by Martin partway through Oschersleben.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

ART will be joining the grid next year... with Mercedes: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116978
400th post!
#FreeGonzo
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

We've barely commented on the DTM this season?! Was the season really that uninteresting?
MCard LOLA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

dr-baker wrote:We've barely commented on the DTM this season?! Was the season really that uninteresting?

To be fair, I don't think we knew this thread existed for the most part. :lol:

Anyway, it was a pretty good season, with Wittmann demolishing the field out of nowhere, Mercedes somehow bagging three wins from their awful cars, and Ekky breaking his winless streak at the end of the season.

The only annoyance really is that Autosport put Jamie Green as their 2nd best driver of the season in their review. Did they actually watch any of the DTM races this season or what? Speed in qualifying means piss all if you can't convert it into results.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
MorbidelliObese

Post by MorbidelliObese »

Managed to watch a few races this year, my main gripe was with the tyre rules that essentially forced everyone onto the same strategy, or a mirror image of it. The races seemed a bit false, with one chunk of the field handicapped for each half of the race, converging at the end unless there was a late safety car which utterly shafted anyone running the harder tyre in the second half. Makes post-2007 option-tyre F1 strategy actually look interesting by comparison, which is some achievement.

I believe they are changing things for next season though, and credit to them for actually committing to one headline event of a decent-ish length, instead of breaking up into 2 or 3 sprint races with reverse grids and all that nonsense. So likely to give it another shot next year.
Darling fascist bully boy, give me some more money you bastard. May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman.
MorbidelliObese

MorbidelliObese wrote:and credit to them for actually committing to one headline event of a decent-ish length, instead of breaking up into 2 or 3 sprint races

Never mind :roll: *

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117019

* I reserve the right to rescind the rolling eyes if it transpires they're running two independent full-length races along the lines of IndyCar double-headers, but we'll see.
Darling fascist bully boy, give me some more money you bastard. May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Autosport has said that Joey Hand has been dropped from the BMW line-up for 2015. To be honest, I didn't even realise that he was still in the series this year. Wonder if he will return to sportscars, which is what I associate him with more.
MCard LOLA
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:
Jocke1 wrote:There are no "Muller's" like the one above, available in any super market where I'm at,

Well, nothing will taste good with that kind of lighting.

LOL!!! Thanks for that joke from last year. I hadn't read it then and it's still funny ... or does it just smell funny? ;-)
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Goes to show how relevant and interesting the DTM has become that no one has posted on this thread in months.

Anyway, Mercedes in Brixworth have been carrying out an assessment and redesign of the Mercedes DTM engine since about January. The engine was originally designed and manufactured by HWA. About 2 weeks ago, the order came from Stuttgart to Brixworth to stop all research, development and all work related to the DTM engine project. Not sure why.
Last edited by Faustus on 24 Sep 2015, 08:58, edited 1 time in total.
MorbidelliObese

Faustus wrote:Goes to show how relevant and interesting the DTM has become that no one has posted on this thread in months.

I've tried watching some races and following it but it's really hard. The success ballast (I know it's hardly new in touring car racing) seems to lead to block-results where one manufacturer dominates one weekend then another the next. If it was just a case of one car suiting a particular circuit that'd be fine - great even - but when I hear from the commentators themselves about the leaders running x kilograms lighter than the winners last time out who are stuck down in 14th place or whatever, I really struggle to enjoy it. I'd genuinely prefer domination by one team/car/driver by dint of doing a better job.

And the fact they've adopted some of F1's worst ideas, from stuff that actually has an effect on track such as DRS, to superfluous crap like the confusing numbering system, the whole thing is just a giant turn-off.

I actually didn't mind it as much last year, but seems to be worse this year.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Faustus wrote:Goes to show how relevant and interesting the DTM has become that no one has posted on this thread in months.

Not really. I follow a lot of motorsport series, but doesn't bother to post here, because, I don't bother to post :|

I like many winners in DTM now and the success ballast really make things unpredictable. BMW leads the manufacturer points now! :D How cool is that? Very!
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Rabbi Gordon

Post by Rabbi Gordon »

Wow...

A totally unimpressive and just above average Wehrlein became the DTM champion and people act like he is a huge talent, who will make it in F1.

He is even worse both talent and attitude-wise than di Resta.
If a particle is traveling at the speed of a Spyker, it is likely to finish last. - Albers Einstein

The Hungarian language is more beautiful than you'd ever think. See, the plural of soul in Hungarian is lelkek.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Rabbi Gordon wrote:Wow...

A totally unimpressive and just above average Wehrlein became the DTM champion and people act like he is a huge talent, who will make it in F1.

He is even worse both talent and attitude-wise than di Resta.

But... he beat di Resta in the standings... quite convincingly...
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Molina may have just done one of the most rejectfull things ever :facepalm: :D
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

Miguel98 wrote:Molina may have just done one of the most rejectfull things ever :facepalm: :D

I missed it. What happened?
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

golic_2004 wrote:
Miguel98 wrote:Molina may have just done one of the most rejectfull things ever :facepalm: :D

I missed it. What happened?

Pulled a David Coulthard with an additional spin.

Meanwhile Timo Glock was disqualified from the second race. My reaction to that:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~! Eat shite, BMW!