Spanish GP Discussion

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
CarlosFerreira

Re: Spanish GP Discussion

Post by CarlosFerreira »

thomasq wrote:I surely wouldn't use KERS going into Massenet. Using KERS while going up through Beau Rivage is maybe a possibility, but I think the tunnel and the pit-straight are the obvious places of choice. It might even be that KERS will not be a big factor in this race, since the straights are so short that you don't gain much by accelerating that little bit quicker. The only real use I see is helping you overtake going into the chicane after the tunnel.

Out of Ste Devote and up into Massenet they're going uphill, so all that juicy torque will help the most, in a fast lap. When jogging for position, could be the tunnel.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

thomasq wrote:
johnston21 wrote:Ker's can only activate between 100 - 300 kph.

I don't think there's any regulatory limits on when KERS can be activated, but you're absolutely right about it not being sensible to use below 100 km/h.

There are. KERS cannot be activated until the car reaches 100km/h of the Start/Finish Line. I believe it's to prevent the drivers from simply pressing a button and cannoning into one another; by the time the cars reach 100km/h, they're generally all moving.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
runningboots

Post by runningboots »

On the live TV feed and after the race, did noone hear Mark Webber say, "I see Massa f*cked up....[sees camera]....Ooops sorry !" while they were getting bottle of water and chatting pre-podium ? Martin Brundle was quick to say, "sorry about that folks" ! :D
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

I don't recall the Australian commentary showing it; they cut to a break just after Button and Barrichello disappeared after getting out of their cars. I did see it on YouTube, though. Wonder what the idiot Australian commentators would have thought about it? They'd probably use it at least twice every other sentence simply because Mark Webber did.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...