Forza Jules

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Bobby Doorknobs

Re: Forza Jules

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

This wrote:I can't add anymore to this than saying Rest In Peace.

Is there a thing as the Bianchi curse? Not too long after uncle Lucien got his F1 break with a freak result at Monte Carlo, he died. That's creepy.

Well his grandfather Mauro is still alive and well, as far as I know, and he was racing at the same time as Lucien.
#FreeGonzo
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

RIP Jules
MorbidelliObese

Post by MorbidelliObese »

RIP Jules, I'll be watching my recording of last year's Monaco race and raising a glass to you tonight.
Darling fascist bully boy, give me some more money you bastard. May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman.
Zergon

Post by Zergon »

Sad news :cry: RIP Jules.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Since the Canadian Grand Prix in 2013 when a track marshall died trying to collect a car with a crane had I felt concerned about the procedure of car recovery. It's heartbreaking that it had to get to this point in a sport where the last driver fatality was 20 years ago.

RIP Jules. I hope he knows that his 9th finish at Monaco saved Marussia. He may be gone, but the team he spent 3 years with lives on.
Last edited by CaptainGetz12 on 18 Jul 2015, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

RIP Jules #17

Taken from this life far too young
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

May the earth be light upon you, Jules. My deepest thoughts to his family and friends.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Simtek wrote:
This wrote:I can't add anymore to this than saying Rest In Peace.

Is there a thing as the Bianchi curse? Not too long after uncle Lucien got his F1 break with a freak result at Monte Carlo, he died. That's creepy.

Well his grandfather Mauro is still alive and well, as far as I know, and he was racing at the same time as Lucien.

But Mauro never made it to F1, so he couldn't have that freak result in Monte Carlo.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Thanks Biscione for altering the colour scheme etc, its a really good tribute.
Just For One Day...
Bobby Doorknobs

#FreeGonzo
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CoopsII wrote:Thanks Biscione for altering the colour scheme etc, its a really good tribute.

I concur.

After lunch today, a friend told me that a driver had died, but I had just thought that he was continuing in a coma; I didn't want to believe that he had gone. RIP Jules Bianchi.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

Simtek wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BaiFbVYpG4

I shed a tear
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Man, there was so much potential in this guy. Often when someone dies, people like to exaggerate and overstate their impact, but this guy was the real deal. He was in a backmarker team, yet people understood pretty quickly that this guy had serious amounts of talent and potential, and was going somewhere in the coming years. And a freak accident took his life. Just horrible. Thoughts with those who knew him.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

Needed most of the day to get my head together because of this but I think all that can be said is RIP Jules. Gone too soon.
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CoopsII wrote:Thanks Biscione for altering the colour scheme etc, its a really good tribute.

In hindsight I wish I'd gone for something a little more positive - perhaps the forum will fly Manor Red come the Japanese GP.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

RIP Jules. He would have made a great top line driver but he's been taken too soon. Monaco 2014 will live long in our hearts forever
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Rob Dylan wrote:Man, there was so much potential in this guy. Often when someone dies, people like to exaggerate and overstate their impact, but this guy was the real deal. He was in a backmarker team, yet people understood pretty quickly that this guy had serious amounts of talent and potential, and was going somewhere in the coming years.

His time at Marussia really reminded me of Fernando Alonso in 2001 back when he drove for Minardi. Everyone knew they were watching someone special.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

RIP to Jules Bianchi. He will be remembered.
Officially Retired
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

RIP Jules Bianchi. Too soon gone. So sad.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Just checked Autosport after a lack of wifi for a couple of days. As soon as I saw "Tribute to Jules Bianchi," I immediately shed a tear. I knew his chances of waking up weren't good, but I always had hope he'd return to a somewhat normal life. This news hurts, and very badly. I'm not the one to be emotional, but this has brought tears from my eyes.

Rest in peace Jules Bianchi. What a racing talent, gone far too soon. His death goes to show just how dangerous racing can be, and these drivers should get the ultimate amount of respect for risking their lives every time they climb into a racing car.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

Rest In Piece Jules. You were taken from the world too soon. You won't be forgotten.
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
MrMG

Post by MrMG »

RIP Jules. I recently mentioned how every driver who competed from the 1995 season onwards is still with us. Sadly, the clock has been reset. :(

An image I have:

"Hello Jules, my name is Mr Ferrari and I would like you to drive one of my cars this season. Please let me introduce you to the man who will be your team mate, Ayrton".
Francis23

Post by Francis23 »

The prospects didn't look good but it doesn't ease the shock at all, RIP Jules, hopefully racing up there with past fallen heroes. Hopefully, somehow, he knows his drive at Monaco kept Manor alive.
tBone

Post by tBone »

I cannot find any other suitable words. Others in this topic have given great tributes to Jules.
RIP Jules Bianchi
YOUR
LOGO

Here
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Damn. You hope against hope for a miracle when something like this happens, but it's not to be.

RIP Jules.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Autosport is reporting that Jules Bianchi's funeral will be on Tuesday 21st July from 10 am, at Sainte Reparate Cathedral in Nice.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120032
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

I don't know, but why do I think Jules had a very similar fate as Daijiro Kato in MotoGP 12 years back?
They died before they have not really done much, and it was after a crash in Suzuka as well :(

Both immense talents...
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

In situations like this I'm very much a realist, and unashamedly so. It's my way of dealing with difficult moments. I wrote what I wrote a few days ago because in my mind there was a certain sense of inevitability about it all, but that doesn't make it any easier to cope with, least of all his family and close friends who have had to stare at that inevitability every day for the last 9 months, and try and make themselves believe that there was still hope. A desperately sad situation for all concerned.

When you consider moments like that, what Jules and his family went through, it throws your own struggles and problems into a harsh new light. You're always told to be grateful for what you've got and to make the most of it. The terrible irony of it is that in many cases the full appreciation only comes when you loose that part of you that is close. We are all just faces in a numberless crowd of F1 fans who love the sport. When all is said and done about engine noises, boring races, and the like, it still boils down to 20 humans putting it all on the line for us in front of our TV screens. Jules, like many before him, has tragically paid the ultimate price for that commitment.

But it's not as if his efforts were in vain. Not only has he captivated us watching, he's given a small bunch of folks in Banbury, and Yorkshire, a lifeline and a reason to carry on. He has given mums, dads, sons and daughters a future, another year's salary, a few more mortgage repayments. Jules isn't here to continue his career and perhaps one day realise his dream of driving for Ferrari, but his legacy will continue in the hearts and minds of the people at Manor that he worked with and inspired, and that is truly a gift that none of them will ever forget.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Bobby Doorknobs

AndreaModa wrote:In situations like this I'm very much a realist, and unashamedly so. It's my way of dealing with difficult moments. I wrote what I wrote a few days ago because in my mind there was a certain sense of inevitability about it all, but that doesn't make it any easier to cope with, least of all his family and close friends who have had to stare at that inevitability every day for the last 9 months, and try and make themselves believe that there was still hope. A desperately sad situation for all concerned.

When you consider moments like that, what Jules and his family went through, it throws your own struggles and problems into a harsh new light. You're always told to be grateful for what you've got and to make the most of it. The terrible irony of it is that in many cases the full appreciation only comes when you loose that part of you that is close. We are all just faces in a numberless crowd of F1 fans who love the sport. When all is said and done about engine noises, boring races, and the like, it still boils down to 20 humans putting it all on the line for us in front of our TV screens. Jules, like many before him, has tragically paid the ultimate price for that commitment.

But it's not as if his efforts were in vain. Not only has he captivated us watching, he's given a small bunch of folks in Banbury, and Yorkshire, a lifeline and a reason to carry on. He has given mums, dads, sons and daughters a future, another year's salary, a few more mortgage repayments. Jules isn't here to continue his career and perhaps one day realise his dream of driving for Ferrari, but his legacy will continue in the hearts and minds of the people at Manor that he worked with and inspired, and that is truly a gift that none of them will ever forget.

I think this could be a contender for Post of the Year.
#FreeGonzo
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

I'm already dreading the race at Suzuka.
Just For One Day...
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

CoopsII wrote:I'm already dreading the race at Suzuka.

Heck, for the first time since I started watching F1, I'm half-considering not watching this weekend. I can only imagine how the drivers must feel.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to the tributes - it will give a sense of closure.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

You couldn't write it but I notice that Chilton won his first Indy Lights race yesterday, a win which he obviously dedicated to Jules. The timing's almost spooky but I have to admit it's lifted my spirits quite a bit.
Just For One Day...
Bobby Doorknobs

The FIA have just announced that #17 will be retired from use in F1: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/07/20/f ... f-bianchi/
#FreeGonzo
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

The clock has been reset. On the day Jules was pronounced died, it has been 0 days since someone dies during a Formula One race. :cry:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
girry

Post by girry »

You could expect it but the news still touched me for I had held tiny hope of a miracle. First felt so empty, then got emotional reading all the tributes.

Forza Jules. We'll never forget.
when you're dead people start listening
SuzukiSwift

Post by SuzukiSwift »

RIP Jules.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

dr-baker wrote:Autosport is reporting that Jules Bianchi's funeral will be on Tuesday 21st July from 10 am, at Sainte Reparate Cathedral in Nice.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120032

I'm pondering how many current F1 drivers (or any racing drivers) are going to attend the funeral. I think Bianchi family chose Tuesday as the date so it interferes as little as possible for drivers trying to concentrate on their duties.
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/33594859
I think 'what-if' sensational speculation stories are disrespectful in the circumstances.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Spectoremg wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/33594859
I think 'what-if' sensational speculation stories are disrespectful in the circumstances.

It's only a report on comments made by di Montezemelo, and positive comments at that. We've got an entire thread devoted to 'what-if's and a good chunk of it are questions about 'what if this dead driver had lived?'
Just For One Day...