The Alessandro Zanardi IndyCar Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Dj_bereta

Re: The Alessandro Zanardi IndyCar Thread

Post by Dj_bereta »

Any comments about the race in Texas? I didn't watch in this year, because I don't like the races in this speedway. It's usually boring.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

It was slightly less boring that usual. There was some good side-by-side action, but not much.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

indycar.com wrote:Driver Stefano Coletti of KV Racing Technology was fined $5,000 and placed on a two-race probation for violating Rules 7.10.1.1 (Pit Safety Violation, improper lane usage) and 7.9.12 (Pit Procedures, pit speed violation at pit in) of the Verizon IndyCar Series rulebook. The two-race probation is in addition to the three-race probation Coletti was assessed following the Chevrolet Dual in Detroit on May 30-31

http://www.indycar.com/News/2015/06/6-1 ... nfractions

How does this work? The guy is on probation already and what do they do? Hand him another probation. How odd. He might be laughing like :pantano: at the IRL now, knowing he gets another probation for another infraction during the probation.

Btw, Racer.com is joking, too, calling this Another fine Wednesday.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Huge crash in Indy Lights. RC Enerson crashed in the back of Piquet jr car and got airborne, hitting the catch fence like the fatal crash of Jeff Krosnoff. Luckily, he is ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6poqSS3tVi4
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Looks like we have another wet race in this year. Looking forward.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Helio, can you stop driving like a twat today, 'kay?
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Vintage Coletti. Hits Kimball, then ploughs into the wall all by himself. :facepalm:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Pacific

Post by Pacific »

Newgarden wins! :dance:
#16 Bertrand Gachot, Giovanni Lavaggi, Jean-Denis Deletraz
#17 Andrea Montermini
#33 Paul Belmondo
#34 Bertrand Gachot
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

CFH 1-2. Top draw stuff. :D :D :D
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Another nice street race. Good overtakes (especially from Rahal) and even Gonzales lead the race for while.

East Londoner wrote:Vintage Coletti. Hits Kimball, then ploughs into the wall all by himself. :facepalm:

Easily the ROTR of this race and a strong contender for ROTY. Coletti is doing pretty bad.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Congrats to Josef Newgarden for winning the Honda Indy Toronto with his teammate Luca Filippi coming 2nd right next to him.

In the Mario Andretti Road & Street Course Trophy points standings, Will Power has got the points lead now:

Will Power 247
Helio Castroneves 241
Juan Pablo Montoya 240
Sebastien Bourdais 220
Josef Newgarden 215
Scott Dixon 209
Graham Rahal 208
Tony Kanaan 192
Marco Andretti 185
Simon Pagenaud 171
Carlos Muñoz 167
Luca Filippi 161
Ryan Hunter-Reay 152
Takuma Sato 152
Jack Hawksworth 132
James Hinchcliffe 129
Charlie Kimball 126
Gabby Chaves (R) 120
James Jakes 117
Stefano Coletti (R) 101
Sage Karam (R) 67
Conor Daly (R) 61
Tristan Vautier (R) 58
Sebastian Saavedra 47
Francesco Dracone (R) 38
Carlos Huertas 31 31
Rodolfo Gonzalez (R) 23
JR Hildebrand 9
Justin Wilson 6
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
Rabbi Gordon

Post by Rabbi Gordon »

Loved the race, great overtakes, good exciting racing and even better, my guy won again!
1-2 for CFH... wow!

If not for Josef's lucky strategy, Filippi would have been in victory lane. Though I believe it'll happen sooner or later. Gotta' feel for Munoz, he also was on the winning strategy, but broke down.
If a particle is traveling at the speed of a Spyker, it is likely to finish last. - Albers Einstein

The Hungarian language is more beautiful than you'd ever think. See, the plural of soul in Hungarian is lelkek.
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

This season has been astonishingly good.
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Yes. I dare to say Indycar is way better than F1 in this season. Power vs Montoya battle for the championship is pretty interesting to watch.
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

Dj_bereta wrote:Yes. I dare to say Indycar is way better than F1 in this season. Power vs Montoya battle for the championship is pretty interesting to watch.

And on any given Sunday both of them can be beaten.
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

60 laps in, and there's already been 20 lead changes at Fontana. Relentless pack racing since the start. And Sato leads. :D

Unfortunately, a third Dale Coyne pit crew member has been mown down in the pits. Hope he's OK, it was a nasty kneecapping from Vautier's front wing. :|
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Ah bathplug, CFH team mates collide. :facepalm: :(
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Great race so far. Sad to see CFH colliding and getting another double DNF.

Also, I think Helio is wrong in blaming Rahal of squeezing him which leads to his crash. I see nothing wrong in Rahal actions.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

The leaders just went FIVE WIDE at Fontana. FIVE WIDE. FIVE. What is this race I don't even.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

HUGE wreck on the final lap, RHR got shoved loose, collected Briscoe, and Briscoe flipped. Nasty, but both drivers are OK.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Amazing race! Easily the best race of the year and the best race I've seen in years. Indycar is destroying F1 in every way!

Great win for Rahal, but I think he could lose it because of the pit incident.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

That race. Just. Wow :shock:
#FreeGonzo
Rabbi Gordon

Post by Rabbi Gordon »

Power is bitter because he can't race at big ovals and comparing this race to the 2011 Vegas race. What an idiot he is...

2011 Vegas - 34 cars on a 1.5 miler, which is rather narrow.
This race - 23 cars on a 2 miler, which is remarkably wide.
No similarities at all.

But yeah, the race was AMAZING. Rahal won after 6 dry years, would have never guessed that I'll be happy for him winning.
Also Mi-Jack won their 1st race as a primary sponsor in CART/IndyCar, where they have been present since 1992.
If a particle is traveling at the speed of a Spyker, it is likely to finish last. - Albers Einstein

The Hungarian language is more beautiful than you'd ever think. See, the plural of soul in Hungarian is lelkek.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

I was thinking the race will be like last year way. But I was wrong. Very very wrong.

I nominate this race as the motorsport (car) RACE OF THE YEAR. Great to see Rahal wins again :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Rabbi Gordon wrote:Power is bitter because he can't race at big ovals and comparing this race to the 2011 Vegas race. What an idiot he is...

No similarities at all.

Power won this race 2 years ago, and was a strong contender to win both yesterday and the Indy 500. The days when he couldn't race on ovals are long over.

Plus, I don't think he was getting at the actual entry list, or track layout, but the style of racing.
Everything's great.
Rabbi Gordon

Post by Rabbi Gordon »

Salamander wrote:
Rabbi Gordon wrote:Power is bitter because he can't race at big ovals and comparing this race to the 2011 Vegas race. What an idiot he is...

No similarities at all.

Power won this race 2 years ago, and was a strong contender to win both yesterday and the Indy 500. The days when he couldn't race on ovals are long over.

Plus, I don't think he was getting at the actual entry list, or track layout, but the style of racing.

Yes, he made the comments on the style of racing, and referred to that accident, which happened in totally different circumstances. What Will said is still nonsense. The same type of racing has been here for many years and it's basically the same at Indy too.
There are risks, they all know. In yesterday's race I didn't see any unnecessary ones, it was all right, there were crashes of course, but all cars held up and protected their occupants well enough to have no injuries.
If Power is not willing (no pun here) to take the risks, then I'm pretty sure there are a whole lot of talented drivers, who would be happy to accept a Penske seat.

And he also wanted to punch Sato for a 50/50 racing incident, where HE was the one who came down too much. Power is an idiot. (Interestingly enough, he started being one only in early 2014)

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Rabbi Gordon wrote:And he also wanted to punch Sato for a 50/50 racing incident, where HE was the one who came down too much. Power is an idiot. (Interestingly enough, he started being one only in early 2014)

Power's been an ass for far longer than that.
Everything's great.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Congrats to Graham Rahal for winning the 2015 MAVTV 500 at Fontana this past Saturday in the baking heat which not many people wanted to sit through in the stands, in spite of a refuelling mishap that caused a safety car period a/k/a full course yellow. He has since moved up one place in the points standings. But not just in your ordinary points standings but the AJ Foyt Oval Track Trophy points standings as well. Here are those after Fontana:

1 Juan Pablo Montoya 167
2 Scott Dixon 149
3 Graham Rahal 126
4 Marco Andretti 123
5 Charlie Kimball 122
6 Will Power 114
7 Tony Kanaan 93
8 Helio Castroneves 89
9 Simon Pagenaud 85
10 Ryan Briscoe 75
11 James Jakes 73
12 Sebastien Bourdais 70
13 Carlos Muñoz 69
14 Simona de Silvestro 66
15 Josef Newgarden 62
16 Takuma Sato 61
17 Sage Karam (R) 59
18 Ryan Hunter-Reay 58
19 Gabby Chaves (R) 58
20 JR Hildebrand 48
21 Pippa Mann 46
22 Jack Hawksworth 39
23 Stefano Coletti (R) 39
24 Tristan Vautier (R) 33
25 Townsend Bell 32
26 Alex Tagliani 27
27 Ed Carpenter 27
28 Conor Daly (R) 20
29 Justin Wilson 19
30 Rodolfo Gonzalez (R) 17
31 Sebastian Saavedra 14
32 Bryan Clauson (R) 10
33 James Davison (R) 10
34 Oriol Servia 10
35 Buddy Lazier 0
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Power crashed again. Montoya just need to maintain the momentum and watch Dixon to wins the title.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Bourdais drove like an utter boss today. Great call by Vasser to put him on the alternate strategy which allowed him to just destroy the field.
Everything's great.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Congrats to former Scuderia Toro Rosso driver and 4-time US open-wheel (co-)champion Sebastien Bourdais for his victory at the Milwaukee Mile yesterday where he managed the incredible feat of lapping the whole field once, (only for them to get their lap back on a yellow).

Here are your AJ Foyt Oval Track Trophy points standings after Milwaukee:

1 Juan Pablo Montoya 199
2 Scott Dixon 176
3 Graham Rahal 162
4 Marco Andretti 147
5 Charlie Kimball 140
6 Helio Castroneves 129
7 Sebastien Bourdais 123
8 Will Power 122
9 Tony Kanaan 122
10 Simon Pagenaud 107
11 Josef Newgarden 94
12 Carlos Muñoz 84
13 Ryan Briscoe 84
14 James Jakes 80
15 Takuma Sato 77
16 Gabby Chaves (R) 77
17 Ryan Hunter-Reay 75
18 Sage Karam (R) 70
19 Simona de Silvestro 66
20 Jack Hawksworth 52
21 Pippa Mann 52
22 Stefano Coletti (R) 49
23 JR Hildebrand 48
24 Tristan Vautier (R) 47
25 Ed Carpenter 47
26 Justin Wilson 32
27 Townsend Bell 32
28 Alex Tagliani 27
29 Conor Daly (R) 20
31 Sebastian Saavedra 14
32 Bryan Clauson (R) 10
33 James Davison (R) 10
34 Oriol Servia 10
35 Buddy Lazier 0
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

It's suddenly occurred to me that Graham Rahal has a legit shot at the IndyCar title this year. There are no words. :chilton:

Also, I wonder if B O R D A S could mount a title challenge next year? If he can win on ovals, like last night, surely he'll be a threat as long as KV don't shat the bed at the start of the season?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

East Londoner wrote:It's suddenly occurred to me that Graham Rahal has a legit shot at the IndyCar title this year. There are no words. :chilton:

Also, I wonder if B O R D A S could mount a title challenge next year? If he can win on ovals, like last night, surely he'll be a threat as long as KV don't shat the bed at the start of the season?

Bourdais has an outside shot, but he needs JPM's luck to abandon him sharpish if he's gonna be a factor. Not to say JPM's lead is entirely down to luck - it's the sort of luck a lot of champions have, where he generally runs well and things just seem to fall into his hands.
Everything's great.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I'm going to assume that Indy Lights talk belongs on this thread.

The talented one Max Chilton scored his first ever Indy Lights pole. A fitting tribute to Jules in my opinion.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120026
I like the way Snrub thinks!
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

The talented one Max Chilton turned that pole into a win. It's almost like Monza 1988 all over again.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

I missed the race. I forgot! Surprised to see RHR winning and surprised to see Carpenter trying to punch Karam.

Rahal is now the second, 42pts behind Montoya. It's hard to believe he is now fighting for the title.

dinizintheoven wrote:The talented one Max Chilton turned that pole into a win. It's almost like Monza 1988 all over again.

1-2 for Carlin. Nice result.

I hope to see Chilton in Indycar soon.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

That was another great racing! Oh my, only a few days after I thought Montoya is too good, it happen! This happens more often recently :L. To see Graham Rahal now here at this point, Jesus, my dream is going to come true! WAHAHAAA :D Karam there.... yes quite too aggressive.

Good to see Honda win again.

Max Chilton wins Indy Lights race. Emotional weekend.
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Maxy boy did for Jules.

Rahal might win the title. If someone had told me last year that Rahal might had a chance of winning the title, I would laugh to their face...
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Congrats to Ryan Hunter-Reay for taking Honda's test team Andretti Autosport team back to the top spot of the podium on merit with a win at Newton, Iowa.

Here are the AJ Foyt Oval Track Trophy points standings after this race:

1 Juan Pablo Montoya 205
2 Graham Rahal 195
3 Scott Dixon 188
4 Marco Andretti 173
5 Helio Castroneves 150
6 Charlie Kimball 149
7 Sebastien Bourdais 146
8 Will Power 143
9 Josef Newgarden 137
10 Tony Kanaan 132
11 Ryan Hunter-Reay 126
12 Simon Pagenaud 123
13 Carlos Muñoz 114
14 Ryan Briscoe 108
15 Sage Karam (R) 105
16 James Jakes 96
17 Gabby Chaves (R) 91
18 Takuma Sato 88
19 Ed Carpenter 75
20 Jack Hawksworth 70
21 Simona de Silvestro 66
22 Tristan Vautier (R) 65
23 Stefano Coletti (R) 59
24 Pippa Mann 59
25 JR Hildebrand 48
26 Justin Wilson 45
27 Townsend Bell 32
28 Alex Tagliani 27
29 Conor Daly (R) 20
31 Sebastian Saavedra 14
32 Bryan Clauson (R) 10
33 James Davison (R) 10
34 Oriol Servia 10
35 Buddy Lazier 0
Rabbi Gordon

Post by Rabbi Gordon »

It was well worth staying up for. Another good race from the IndyCar boys.

Karam however... he is a total idiot. Drives like one and acts like one. a liability on the track, can't overtake properly, just by divebombing or leaving no racing room (seen right here, against Ed). He likes to block too and takes no responsibility for being a dick.
Seeing what Power and Franchitti could get away with, no official action will happen. He will cause a big ass wreck before realizing what he is doing is unsafe.

Disliked him before, but really hate that kid now.