Refuelling to return in 2017

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Londoner

Refuelling to return in 2017

Post by Londoner »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32751118. Yes, it's a Benson article, but it seems legit to me. I'm more interested in the proposed new tyre compound rules for 2016, that gives more freedom to the teams.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Refuelling to return in 2017

Post by Wallio »

NBC is reporting it too. I've been calling for this since well, 2009. Pit stops will mean something now, and drivers can push harder (but with the 1980s style maximum fuel allotment they can push too hard). I like it.

Plus higher revs? Free choice of compounds? Is this 1994? I love it. The FIA woke up a bit I think.

Stinks they didn't approve the 5th engine though. Poor Riccardo is finished now.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

#FreeGonzo
tBone

Post by tBone »

These may be the plans F1 needs. The total fuel limit, as well as the hybrid techonology is kept, as it should be in my opinion. This shows F1's relevance for the road car industry and it's the reason Honda and Mercedes are current suppliers.

Just one thing that doesn't seem clear to me: the BBC article states that higher revs will be permitted, but at the same time, engine regulations remain stable. I suppose some adjustments to the engines will be necessary to provide a usable power output curve for these higher revs, or am I missing something here?
YOUR
LOGO

Here
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

It should be interesting as well as teams picking the two compounds. We can see some exciting stuff both in the pits strategy wise and on the track.
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

tBone wrote:These may be the plans F1 needs. The total fuel limit, as well as the hybrid techonology is kept, as it should be in my opinion. This shows F1's relevance for the road car industry and it's the reason Honda and Mercedes are current suppliers.

Just one thing that doesn't seem clear to me: the BBC article states that higher revs will be permitted, but at the same time, engine regulations remain stable. I suppose some adjustments to the engines will be necessary to provide a usable power output curve for these higher revs, or am I missing something here?

I think the fuel flow limit will be a preventing factor, but if that is removed and maximum fuel allotment is still in place both goals can be accomplished.
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

More noise, more "aggressive-looking" cars, refueling...

Are they trying to bring back the absolute crown jewel of F1, the glory years of 2005?

Because that was such a good era in Formula One with brilliant on-track action week-in-week-out and never a single complaint about the regulations due to the awesome quality of the racing.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

tommykl wrote:More noise, more "aggressive-looking" cars, refueling...

Are they trying to bring back the absolute crown jewel of F1, the glory years of 2005?

Because that was such a good era in Formula One with brilliant on-track action week-in-week-out and never a single complaint about the regulations due to the awesome quality of the racing.

I think the only thing they'd be missing there would be no tyre stops. Yayyyyyyy.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Salamander wrote:

I think the only thing they'd be missing there would be no tyre stops. Yayyyyyyy.

They might be trying to seduce those young 70 year old fans who started to watch back then and believe F1 golden era is 05.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
mario

Post by mario »

Wallio wrote:NBC is reporting it too. I've been calling for this since well, 2009. Pit stops will mean something now, and drivers can push harder (but with the 1980s style maximum fuel allotment they can push too hard). I like it.

Plus higher revs? Free choice of compounds? Is this 1994? I love it. The FIA woke up a bit I think.

Stinks they didn't approve the 5th engine though. Poor Riccardo is finished now.

Horner had already admitted that Ricciardo would be taking multiple engine penalties even with a fifth engine, so his season was already finished.

DanielPT wrote:
Salamander wrote:

They might be trying to seduce those young 70 year old fans who started to watch back then and believe F1 golden era is 05.

It certainly seems to have had the majority of those on sites like F1fanatic frenetically yapping their enthusiasm for those rules...
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

This is 100% not what F1 needs. Let us cast our minds back to the end of 2009. Why was refuelling dumped? Because it cost a hell of a lot to transport it all around and employ additional people to operate and look after it. No-one wanted it in 1993 when it was announced and I'll bet none of the independent teams want it now either.

It is completely ludicrous that these sort of proposals are being seriously considered when there are teams currently on the grid barely able to manage now. How on earth are they expected to pay for it?

It's just another ploy from the top teams to edge out the smaller guys and increase their power and their prize money, dressed up as "improving the show". Cost reduction wasn't even discussed in the meeting. Jean Todt should hang his head in shame.

With all that said, I like the sound of freeing up the restrictions on tyre choice. I hope it doesn't end up costing more though.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
mario

Post by mario »

AndreaModa wrote:This is 100% not what F1 needs. Let us cast our minds back to the end of 2009. Why was refuelling dumped? Because it cost a hell of a lot to transport it all around and employ additional people to operate and look after it. No-one wanted it in 1993 when it was announced and I'll bet none of the independent teams want it now either.

It is completely ludicrous that these sort of proposals are being seriously considered when there are teams currently on the grid barely able to manage now. How on earth are they expected to pay for it?

It's just another ploy from the top teams to edge out the smaller guys and increase their power and their prize money, dressed up as "improving the show". Cost reduction wasn't even discussed in the meeting. Jean Todt should hang his head in shame.

With all that said, I like the sound of freeing up the restrictions on tyre choice. I hope it doesn't end up costing more though.

The thing is, the only reference in that direction was a decided sting in the tail for the midfield teams - because that step is a feasibility study for the reintroduction of customer cars. According to Adam Cooper, it appears that Ron Dennis has been rather aggressively lobbying the F1 Strategy Group for the introduction of third cars and customer car programs - potentially in part because the additional mileage would hugely benefit Honda.
http://adamcooperf1.com/2015/05/15/f1-c ... -collapse/

As can be imagined, Force India have reacted very angrily to the suggestion, complaining that the big teams shut down all discussions on cost cutting and simply steamrollered through the idea of customer cars. http://adamcooperf1.com/2015/05/15/forc ... omer-cars/
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Bernard Charles Eccelstone ... Pleasing none of the people none of the time since whenever.... Meh....
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I'm confused - first I read a story on the BBC website about the fact that the F1 drivers are getting behind a survey which will be held over the Monaco GP weekend to ask fans what they want future F1 to be like. Not a bad idea, I think - I remember them doing something similar a few years back.

Next time I check in on the same website, we are being told what is going to happen. So filling that survey in is going to be extremely worthwhile then, isn't it?

We don't need refuelling back. It's a dangerous, expensive exercise that adds nothing to the spectacle.
Being able to choose the tyres from all available compounds is OK I guess. The other stuff I don't have a problem with either. None of these solve the core problems of a) cost and b) racing at decent circuits that people give a shite about.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

"So, dad, refuelling in the race. What's it like?"

"Well, son... it's a bit like... an Amon Amarth album cover I didn't want to be part of..."
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

The only thing to look forward to with refuelling is watching Ferrari manage to cock it up every week.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

Bernie should run for the British Conservative Party leadership, they like people who stumble from one stupid idea to the next which benefit the rich.
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

dinizintheoven wrote:"So, dad, refuelling in the race. What's it like?"

"Well, son... it's a bit like... an Amon Amarth album cover I didn't want to be part of..."

This was exactly what I was waiting for...
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

These changes are all well and good but with F1 increasingly moving its viewing behind closed doors pay per view esque models (ie Sky) it wont be able to do much about falling viewership or gaining new long term fandom.

Although I do agree with some of the changes (The free tyre choice grabbed my attention) it does feel bit bit like a knee-jerk - as if they have just come from 4 years one one driver and team utterly dominating and all its negative effects, and with what looks like the start of another driver and team dominating for possibly years, they dont want this all over again so they are trying to revert to the start of the last era which featured 2 teams fighting it out - 2005-2006
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

So, if we get customer cars, will the customers get to mix-and-match chassis and engines? Because, while I think a Sauber-Mercedes combo could be an interesting retro mix, someone could then try running a Ferrari-Renault! :lol:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
RAK

Post by RAK »

*facepalm*

I disliked watching refuelling and I wasn't much of a fan of the races where it was key. The refuelling process itself was usually boring as hell, except on the few occasions where it went wrong; when the most interesting part of the process is when things are cocked up, it doesn't say much for its entertainment value. With tyre-only stops being in the order of three seconds, it can be very interesting to see how much of a margin the pit stop mechanics can get out of the stop on occasions where things don't go wrong.

The races in the refuelling days weren't all that good either. Instead of trying to overtake cars on track, there was too much reliance - more than currently - on trying to rely on pit strategy to get ahead of other cars, which when the pitstops were, as mentioned above, boring unless something went wrong, didn't create much in the way of excitement in the races themselves. There's a reason why the number of overtakes per race shot up in 2010, even with the rock-hard Bridgestone tyres.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

What no-one seems to be able to grasp is that at no one time in F1's history have the races ever been consistently close, unpredictable and action packed weekend after weekend.

Throughout all of the different regulations and technical innovations nothing has served up the sort of action you'd take for granted in the 3rd race of a BTCC weekend.

So to continue searching for that is futile in my mind. And I think the teams know that. The strategy group teams are serving their own interests whether the fans like it or not. They'll throw a few consolationary changes our way to keep us happy, and push through what they want (expensive chassis revisions, etc) which will ultimately lead to customer cars, more control over results and a bigger slice of the prize money pie.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

The only real way to make the teams fight on a level playing field whilst allowing cars to run a few seconds faster is to standardise more components such as perhaps gearboxes, remove some of the engine running characteristics (such as fuel flow rate) and force through a $50m budget cap, which would be monitored through independent audits.

Tyres will always be an issue; if you make tyres that degrade at a silly rate, then people will complain that the sport is bringing in artificial measures. If you make tyres that degrade a bit and generally follow a development path that intends to allow drivers to push on them 100% of the time, teams will simply find ways to try and stretch them out by a few laps in order to cut out a pitstop; that's natural. How do you influence the way the tyres are used in order to ensure that drivers continue to push? Set a minimum number of pitstops? Create tyres that have micron-thick layers of variable grip rubber (so you have amazing grip for a couple of laps, before hitting a less adhesive layer a few laps later)?

With regards to the aerodynamics, I'm a bit worried that widening the car will increase the effect of unconditioned turbulence behind each car, making it more of a disadvantage to follow 1-2 seconds behind the car in front. Furthermore, the amount of turbulence that larger rear wheels will create will increase, and would certainly produce a negative affect on the front wing balance of the car behind.

Finally, just to bring things back in line with the thread title, I'm not overly enthused about the prospect of refuelling the cars in the pit; I think it brings unnecessary risk to the pitstop. Okay, it reduces the overall rush to get tyres on the car and so we'll see fewer cars pull over with incorrectly tightened wheels, but we know the issues refuelling can bring (I think Kovalainen, Massa and Albers do too...and Max has probably seen the video of his old man enough times too...). Again, I'm worried teams will underfuel the car and simply stretch out the stint, leaving us in what is essentially square one.

Of course, we have to wait and see how everything plays out (people are probably sick of me sitting on the fence by now), but unlike new technology where I don't think it's worthwhile complaining about something we've not seen the effect of, we can get a good idea of how things might be with the return of refuelling in races considering it's been a predominant feature before.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Of course I like the idea of refuelling coming back (it adds diversity and unpredictability) but I do understand that will cause unwanted issues.
Indeed, getting a budget cap implemented would be one of the best things F1 could do to close up the field, but tragically because of the top team's arrogance that will never happen.
Plus cars should be more reliant on mechanical grip, rather than aero grip and that should make following another car closely more easy.
Ultimately, the FIA aren't going to listen to anyone but themselves and their ideas are worsening the field spread and the condition of the sport with no end in sight.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I can guess that the customer car idea will inevitably get blocked by Williams again... or not? :roll:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

One of the major changes suggested lately is the budget cap which I agree wholeheartedly with. But I've often thought that it would be one thing to legislate for it and another to enforce. My teams finances could show that we get extremely good value from the sub-contractor who builds our front wings. Another sum of money then appears in an undisclosed bank account which no-one could trace to that sub-contractor. At face value our front wings are cheap.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

mario wrote:
Wallio wrote:NBC is reporting it too. I've been calling for this since well, 2009. Pit stops will mean something now, and drivers can push harder (but with the 1980s style maximum fuel allotment they can push too hard). I like it.

Horner had already admitted that Ricciardo would be taking multiple engine penalties even with a fifth engine, so his season was already finished.

Given that he'll be getting all these penalties, it's a good job he can overtake.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

A part of me feels (I know it sound stupid) that the drivers had some input somehow. A lot of drivers have complained about the lack of pushing the cars and going fast due to the tires and stuff. So I have this little feeling that the drivers had some input somehow.

I don't know.
mario

Post by mario »

good_Ralf wrote:Ultimately, the FIA aren't going to listen to anyone but themselves and their ideas are worsening the field spread and the condition of the sport with no end in sight.

I think that should read "the top teams" rather than the FIA - Bernie did indicate that the FIA were effectively a non participant in the Strategy Group meetings, and with only the top six teams represented in that body it is effectively the largest teams and FOM who get to dictate the terms.

FMecha wrote:I can guess that the customer car idea will inevitably get blocked by Williams again... or not? :roll:

Williams have certainly fought hard against such proposals (to the point of threatening legal action in the past) and they would have a common ally in Force India, who are also fiercely against the idea.

At the moment, Mercedes would probably also be more likely to vote against rather than for such a move - Toto Wolff has said that he wants the teams to remain separate constructors - whilst some of Arrivabene's statements would seem to suggest that he is potentially less receptive to the idea than his predecessor, suggesting that Ferrari might be moving away from its previous support for customer cars.

On the opposite side, McLaren have now switched sides on the debate - whilst Whitmarsh was supportive of the smaller teams, it seems that Ron has been driving forward this latest push for customer cars as a way for Honda to gain additional mileage and information from customers. Red Bull, meanwhile, would appear to remain supportive of the idea given that it would make it much cheaper for them to run Toro Rosso.

To a certain extent, though, the key issue would be Bernie's position on the matter - given that the FIA would probably vote in lock step with him, that would give him a two thirds majority that could be used to force the changes through (having a few extra votes from teams would help, but by no means is critical). With Bernie having previously voiced support for the idea, I can see him trying to push a deal through for customer cars given he knows he could potentially force it through if necessary.
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

RAK Wrote [quote][I disliked watching refuelling and I wasn't much of a fan of the races where it was key. The refuelling process itself was usually boring as hell, except on the few occasions where it went wrong; when the most interesting part of the process is when things are cocked up, it doesn't say much for its entertainment value. With tyre-only stops being in the order of three seconds, it can be very interesting to see how much of a margin the pit stop mechanics can get out of the stop on occasions where things don't go wrong.

The races in the refuelling days weren't all that good either. Instead of trying to overtake cars on track, there was too much reliance - more than currently - on trying to rely on pit strategy to get ahead of other cars, which when the pitstops were, as mentioned above, boring unless something went wrong, didn't create much in the way of excitement in the races themselves. There's a reason why the number of overtakes per race shot up in 2010, even with the rock-hard Bridgestone tyres./quote]

I agree; TV cuts away from on track action to watch yet another fuel stop...its not motor racing. And out on track no-one tries to pass- just wait for the pit stop and fuel effect. Faster cars which are wider are going to be harder to pass aren't they? They'll brake less for corners, so it'll be DRS passing, or wait for the stops rather than trying a lunge inside under braking . ..especially when contact can get you a penalty, no?
Why the emphasis on faster cars- if anyone can drive flat out from Woodcote to the Vale (or just a quick gear change ) ..why is that better ?
One problem F1 has is that GP2 cars are quick, can follow each other and are raced enthusiastically and entertainingly ...but F1 can't work out how. (I'm being silly now.....)
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

sorry - I still have trouble getting the 'quote' thing to work....
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

I think Bob Fearnley's idea from sometime (can't remember exactly when it was, sorry) just before the Spanish Grand Prix was great. Each team can choose the 2 tyre compounds for a race, without having to use both, a minimum of 4 weeks in advance, and Pirelli will not divulge the tyre choices until the Thursday of the race, when everybody is at the track. The choices are locked in and if somebody wants to do 4 pitstops and use the super soft or conversely not stop and use the hard, by all means go ahead. Pirelli will not incur any extra costs and someone will cock it up and end up on the wrong tyres, for whatever reason.
Remember Kobayashi in 2010 (or was it 2011?) in Valencia when he did his pitstop 5 laps from the end?
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

yannicksamlad wrote:sorry - I still have trouble getting the 'quote' thing to work....

Just press the speech bubble in the top right of a post, and write below it :)
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Faustus wrote:I think Bob Fearnley's idea from sometime (can't remember exactly when it was, sorry) just before the Spanish Grand Prix was great. Each team can choose the 2 tyre compounds for a race, without having to use both, a minimum of 4 weeks in advance, and Pirelli will not divulge the tyre choices until the Thursday of the race, when everybody is at the track. The choices are locked in and if somebody wants to do 4 pitstops and use the super soft or conversely not stop and use the hard, by all means go ahead. Pirelli will not incur any extra costs and someone will cock it up and end up on the wrong tyres, for whatever reason.
Remember Kobayashi in 2010 (or was it 2011?) in Valencia when he did his pitstop 5 laps from the end?

Think about having to pick the compounds for your title decider before you know the likely local temperature and the effect of your planned upgrades....mmm. That'd be a big decision (except Adu Dhabi is always the same weather)
As a way of controlling costs and mixing it up- it's a good idea. As 'motor racing' , I'm not quite so sure.
But thinking of Kobayashi- why not one mandatory pitstop, but super hard tyres with little deg? You might pit lap 8, or lap 52? No one will know- no 'window' of 10 laps.. You'll have to decide as you go along. And you drive flat out because you won't ruin them . And you have to slide because they've got no grip, and you have longer braking distances. And if there's only one stop in a race then you won't put off passing while waiting for your stop ( you'll only use a 'pitstop pass' once in a race) .
What have I missed?
SuzukiSwift

Post by SuzukiSwift »

Wallio wrote:

Uh oh.
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

I was disappointed to see that nothing's been done in the area of controlling costs. Hell, even using common components such as brakes, suspension etc would have been a good start.
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

I've thought about this for a while and I've decided I don't really care what they change because I personally think the declining viewing figures is directly connected to pay-per-view and that the bulk of the F1 viewers historically were, like it or not, more casual and less obsessive than perhaps we all are. Also, perhaps if pay-per-view was just that (and a bit cheaper) maybe it would appeal to these casuals more. You're hardly paying per race with these deals, you have to commit for a long period.

So F1 can reverse most of what it's put in place during the last few years and when the figures are still declining maybe they can change them back again ad infinitum.
Just For One Day...
mario

Post by mario »

Faustus wrote:I think Bob Fearnley's idea from sometime (can't remember exactly when it was, sorry) just before the Spanish Grand Prix was great. Each team can choose the 2 tyre compounds for a race, without having to use both, a minimum of 4 weeks in advance, and Pirelli will not divulge the tyre choices until the Thursday of the race, when everybody is at the track. The choices are locked in and if somebody wants to do 4 pitstops and use the super soft or conversely not stop and use the hard, by all means go ahead. Pirelli will not incur any extra costs and someone will cock it up and end up on the wrong tyres, for whatever reason.

I think that one potential issue with that proposal is the fact that, at quite a few venues, the choice of tyre would be a fairly clear cut decision. In theory it would offer more strategic variation, but in reality I am not sure that it would actually open up that many options in terms of tyre strategy.
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

CoopsII wrote:I've thought about this for a while and I've decided I don't really care what they change because I personally think the declining viewing figures is directly connected to pay-per-view and that the bulk of the F1 viewers historically were, like it or not, more casual and less obsessive than perhaps we all are. Also, perhaps if pay-per-view was just that (and a bit cheaper) maybe it would appeal to these casuals more. You're hardly paying per race with these deals, you have to commit for a long period.

So F1 can reverse most of what it's put in place during the last few years and when the figures are still declining maybe they can change them back again ad infinitum.
Pay-per-view in all forms of entertainment was supposed to give everybody what they wanted. It turned out to give anything but. A casual GP viewer asked me a while back 'whatever happened to Martin Brundle...'
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

The last two seasons with refuelling were good (2008 and 2009), better than 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014 imo. I support the refuelling return if the costs don't raise too much and the free tyre choice. But I think the most important thing now for produce better races is to replace, at least, half of the tracks.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.