How the Lotus F1 team saw the future in 1992 X10 documents

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
f1-gast

How the Lotus F1 team saw the future in 1992 X10 documents

Post by f1-gast »

Finally i found the documents back from 1992 that where named X10 and gave an interested kinda weird idea of how Peter Wright and Chris Murphy thought they could beat the Williams Renault equipe back in 1992 / 1993.
Already uploaded it to facebook.com/unracedf1

Enjoy these rare pieces of information !
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
dinizintheoven

Re: How the Lotus F1 team saw the future in 1992 X10 documen

Post by dinizintheoven »

So where exactly did they get the substances from that convinced them they could be beating Williams in 1993?

Jamaica, Colombia, or cloud cuckoo land?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

dinizintheoven wrote:So where exactly did they get the substances from that convinced them they could be beating Williams in 1993?

Jamaica, Colombia, or cloud cuckoo land?

That's exactly what I was thinking, along with where can I get some...
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Why is it that whenever a team comes up with what they think is a big leap forward in performance in relation to the front-running team, they always fail to consider that the front-running team will not stand still?
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

I recall that period for Lotus with some fondness - there was a genuine feeling of optimism around the team and it's supporters. Shame they didn't dial in some reliability.
MorbidelliObese

Post by MorbidelliObese »

Faustus wrote:Why is it that whenever a team comes up with what they think is a big leap forward in performance in relation to the front-running team, they always fail to consider that the front-running team will not stand still?

That reminds me a bit of something Peter Warr (of Mansell-induced constipation fame) said on the 1988 Season Review that I watched the other day, explaining the gap to McLaren, it went along the lines of (from memory so paraphrasing a bit):

"We set ourselves the standard of the Ferrari which was the car to beat at the end of 1987, we're satisfied we matched them but then McLaren came along and surprised everyone"

Which never made sense to me...surely your target is to build the quickest possible car you can with the resources you have, not get to the point of the previous quickest car and say "job done"?
Darling fascist bully boy, give me some more money you bastard. May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman.