Reject of the Race - 2015 Spain

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
DemocalypseNow

Reject of the Race - 2015 Spain

Post by DemocalypseNow »

A little surprised nobody else put this thread up before I did.

My provisional pick for ROTR has to be McLaren. Brake failure destroying a very promising performance by Alonso (and almost taking out his pit-crew like skittles in a bowling alley), while Button was by far and away the slowest car in the field that wasn't a Manor. Just when it looked like with Alonso they had finally made progress in the right direction, everything falls apart again.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Shizuka

Re: Reject of the Race - 2015 Spain

Post by Shizuka »

McLaren - they showed improvement in quali, but it all went to bust and Force India bounced back in the race, albeit they scored nothing either.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

McLaren/HRT - Fooled me. *sigh*
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Pit Stops issues

- Cost Hamilton a better chance at winning the race
- Cost Ericsson points
- Cost Grosjean a place.

HM: F1 Gods for ruining the Reverend. :|
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Absolutely has to be McLaren. Wasn't it Alonso who said that they would be fighting for points come Barcelona? Never looked like doing that today.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

There was very little action that could be described as rejectful other than Alonso failing to stop the car. This, on top of Button's pace does indeed seem to point to McLaren earning the award from my perspective (and everyone else's it seems).
#FreeGonzo
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

McLaren - I think, as well as their promises, a lot of us really wanted them to do well this weekend, but that was appalling.

Honourable mention to Kvyat for being beaten by Sainz and his continuing under-performing from this season.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

McLaren, easily. Button was forever stuck in Manorville while Alonso, despite showing some speed to get up to 11th, retired due to faulty brakes.

Oh yeah, and their livery sucks as well.
Last edited by Dan B on 10 May 2015, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Rob Dylan wrote:McLaren - I think, as well as their promises, a lot of us really wanted them to do well this weekend, but that was appalling.

Honourable mention to Kvyat for being beaten by Sainz and his continuing under-performing from this season.

Sainz will get a penalty I think for that overtake.
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Aguaman wrote:
Rob Dylan wrote:McLaren - I think, as well as their promises, a lot of us really wanted them to do well this weekend, but that was appalling.

Sainz will get a penalty I think for that overtake.

It will be ridiculous if he does. Sainz was alongside when Kvyat turned into him. He was pushed off the track and off-track overtakes have not been penalized in such situations (Alonso in Abu Dhabi 2013).
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

1)McLaren Honda: PR BS, HRT colours, JB trundling around the back and another DNF for Alonso isn't good for a so-called top team.

2)Pitstops Hijinks: Comedy of errors for most teams

Dishonorable mention to Force India (anonymous all race)

The Bad Luck Issues Award goes to Pastor Maldonado. Can Lady Luck could give the man some already?!
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

ROTR for Pitlane Shenanigans, it came to the point where tension would build every time someone came in!

Second Nomination goes to McLaren who were shockingly bad in every metric, despite "improving" in qualifying.
Message me on Discord.
Zergon

Post by Zergon »

Has to be McLaren. After promising qualifying, things just fell off on the race with Alonso retiring and Button being at the back of the group.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Aguaman wrote:Sainz will get a penalty I think for that overtake.

He didn't.

Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

For something different, I nominate Grosjean even though he scored points - it was his mistake that cost his teammate his rear wing when Maldonado was going well. Plus he caused pain in a very sensitive area for his front jack man, and it wasn't a car problem like Alonso's similar incident!! :)
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

James1978 wrote:For something different, I nominate Grosjean even though he scored points - it was his mistake that cost his teammate his rear wing when Maldonado was going well. Plus he caused pain in a very sensitive area for his front jack man, and it wasn't a car problem like Alonso's similar incident!! :)

This would probably make Klon happy, anyway ;)
#FreeGonzo
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Even though I didn't even watch the race I have a candidate that might be acceptable.

McLaren's New Font for Car Numbers -- Fugly.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
GerhardTalger

Post by GerhardTalger »

1. Force India.

Really.
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Has to be McLaren again for me. No hoped for improvement....and no positives to take from that one really in my view.
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
RAK

Post by RAK »

Pitstop issues: Damaged Hamilton's chances, the front jackman for Alonso was very lucky and the one for Grosjean was not so lucky.

McLaren: Early promise in qualifying swept aside by poor pace in the race and poor reliability for Alonso.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

I expected nothing of McLaren. Who made me sad was Toro Rosso.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Tank

Post by Tank »

Mclaren. Wow.

Just wow.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

James1978 wrote:For something different, I nominate Grosjean even though he scored points - it was his mistake that cost his teammate his rear wing when Maldonado was going well.

Maldonado's rear wing endplate failed under stress when his DRS slammed shut whilst overtaking Verstappen. Not when he ran into Grosjean (yes, it was this way round, the onboard replay with Maldonado showed he left less than a car's width between himself and the inside kerb at the point of impact).
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Mclaren get my vote.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

Mclaren. For talking rubbish, being rubbish and trying to be inconspicuous Brabhams.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

1. Jenson Button - At least Alonso was doing something before his brakes gave up the ghost, Button meanwhile was slow and anonymous all race only ahead of the Marussias

2 Force India - Perez may have finished ahead of Ericsson but did they actually do anything in the race like button they seemed rather anonymous
Aragones

Post by Aragones »

McLaren: Everybody was expecting a big improvement this race, so the disappointment was big. Alonso was perfoming "decently", until his breaks disappeared, and Button's race was absolutely terrible.
Francis23

Post by Francis23 »

Toro Rosso- Disappointing to see them go backwards like that in the race, I thought they were on for a good points haul

Repetitive results- As much as I admire Ferrari and Mercedes, it would be nice to see some surprises, because of the fantastic reliability nowadays most teams can only realistically achieve 5th place every race.

I'm not nominating McLaren because, whilst they were anonymous, they improved nonetheless by getting both Alonso and Button into Q2 and leapfrogged Force India in the process.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Francis23 wrote:Repetitive results- As much as I admire Ferrari and Mercedes, it would be nice to see some surprises, because of the fantastic reliability nowadays most teams can only realistically achieve 5th place every race.

Couldn't agree more with this. Sorry to be sounding spoilt here but I've been getting a bit fed up with the results this season. Sure Rosberg won today yet once again the pecking order was roughly Mercedes, Ferrari, Williams, Ricciardo, Grosjean. Then the super-reliability comes into effect and it means Force India, McLaren and Sauber have no chance of scoring points, plus yet again the possibility of the Reverend surprising us went out the door. For only the second time in a matter of decades have 2 teams locked out the podium spots in the first 5 races, in deference to 5 teams in 2014 and 4 in 2013.
Sure, Monaco and Canada should throw up some up upset results, but at this rate even that looks unlikely to happen.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
More_Blue_Flags

Post by More_Blue_Flags »

Hard to go past McLaren, although if they hadn't been so dismal we would all be pointing fingers at Force India for becoming 2015's answer to last year's Sauber.
CoopsII wrote:Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

McLaren - Terrible reliability and Button was comfortably the slowest of the 2015 cars on track. They're gonna need a chaotic race at Monaco to get some points.

Force India - Genuinely had no idea they were racing this weekend. I'm sure Hulk is relishing his Le Mans gig much more than having to drive this turd for the rest of the season.

Lewis Hamilton - He still finished 2nd, I don't understand why he's turned the petulance back on just because Rosberg beat him for once.

But ROTR has to go to:

Pastor Maldonado's luck - Seriously, can this guy catch a break for once. He should have like 15-20 points on board this season, not 4 DNFs and a lapped finish. :cry:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

McLaren - For being like dat. But also for seemingly getting the media to believe that going from really bloody awful to just bloody awful is a massive achievement worthy of praise.

Pastor Luck - I'm not a fan but I admired his effort during the race. More please.
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Pit-stops shenanigans. Yesterday wasn't a good day for the mechanics in the pit box with a bunch of errors or issues that made them look a bit silly.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Francis23

Post by Francis23 »

good_Ralf wrote:
Francis23 wrote:Repetitive results- As much as I admire Ferrari and Mercedes, it would be nice to see some surprises, because of the fantastic reliability nowadays most teams can only realistically achieve 5th place every race.

Couldn't agree more with this. Sorry to be sounding spoilt here but I've been getting a bit fed up with the results this season. Sure Rosberg won today yet once again the pecking order was roughly Mercedes, Ferrari, Williams, Ricciardo, Grosjean. Then the super-reliability comes into effect and it means Force India, McLaren and Sauber have no chance of scoring points, plus yet again the possibility of the Reverend surprising us went out the door. For only the second time in a matter of decades have 2 teams locked out the podium spots in the first 5 races, in deference to 5 teams in 2014 and 4 in 2013.
Sure, Monaco and Canada should throw up some up upset results, but at this rate even that looks unlikely to happen.

Yeah, ok we may still end up with a good title fight on our hands, but I think we can all safely predict the top 6 every race now. Think back to this time in 2012, 5 different winners in 5 different cars, and 8 drivers with a podium finish; by the end of the season we ended up with 8 winners amongst 6 teams, and 13 podium finishers.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

I think Force India. Utterly anonymous for the entire weekend.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

The reason for Alonso's brake failure is my ROTR http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118916
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Force India - Yet another rejectful team performance, and, unlike McLaren, they can't blame it on the engine.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

McLaren. And only McLaren.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

1. McLaren: :facepalm:

2. Pitstops: Making mistakes everywhere.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
razta

Post by razta »

East Londoner wrote:
Lewis Hamilton - He still finished 2nd, I don't understand why he's turned the petulance back on just because Rosberg beat him for once.

yeah.. what the hell was that for? Bono told him twice, that there was no point.. once in English, once in Fanboy speak :facepalm: