It's pretty decent
49%
Doesn't make a difference to me
6%
It could be better
7%
Bring back the old version!
13%
MY EYES! MY EYES! THIS IS AN AFFRONT TO MY HUMAN RIGHTS!
2%

Total votes: 88

wmetcalf7 4

Re: We're back!

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

Well done lads! Really happy, no complaints so far, website looks great! Next step: Getting back the stories of our favorite rejectful drivers and teams! :D
#GetWellWickens
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

dresda wrote:Great to see the site back up with new enthusiastic owners!

I do give a damn about what happened so I look forward to Jamie's explanation.

Suggestions re: the format -

Fonst are too narrow, especially usernames (very small) and headings, buttons etc. Not everyone here is in the first flush of youth, many of us are relatively much older and need sites to be easier to read!

Some forums allow the use to use a different 'skin' to view the forum (ADVRider for example). Perhaps this would be a solution?

Anyway, I hope to see the rest of the wonderful information back up and running in the near future!

Thanks Alasdair!!

Already there is a solution in place for this - responsive design. Many sites when you use Ctrl & + key to zoom look a tad blurry and pixelated because they weren't designed to be viewed any closer. Not so with the forum - if you use zoom to a level somewhere between 110-125% all the font sizes increase without any formatting going wonky.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Just wanted to tell people I'm here too. I'm still getting used to the forum not looking like every forum, but I'm sure I will.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
IceG

Post by IceG »

And I've transitioned from the old forum.

Very pleased that the community is back as I always felt I got the most useful and reaiable information and opinion here.Thanks to those responsible.

One thing on the format. It is hard to distinguish new content amongst the plethora of signatures and repeated blocks. Could we introduce some colour variations or borders to distinguish better?
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

Just wanted to pop in and say a massive thanks to Biscione and Nuppiz for their work on getting the forum back up and running. When I realised that the previous site wouldn't be able to continue, saving the forum was one of my top priorities and I'm glad that it has been achieved.

Well done to all!

On the "what on earth happened" front, I will post something soon to clue everyone in. Just on the off case there's anyone out there who suspects otherwise, I am happy to confirm that Enoch and I did not have a disagreement or falling out over the site at all...!

On the issue of our profiles, and Enoch's many articles appearing on this site - this is not a "copyright" issue per se. It is simply a matter of Enoch not wishing his articles to appear online (for now, this may change in future), and Biscione and Nuppiz are respecting his wishes. He has good reasons.
Waris

Post by Waris »

Hi everyone,

Great job on rescuing the forum! Personally, I'm not a fan of the new design, but as far as new designs go (I tend to hate web 2.0), it's a solid effort.

Glad to hear Jamie & Enoch have not fallen out also, but this tip of the veil being lifted makes me even more curious as to what happened. I was going to ask why you didn't just call this new site F1 Rejects too, but I imagine it's the same (non-copyright) reason why you can't display the articles (yet)?

I don't think this site for me will ever replace the old site, but for the time being I will at least stick around on the forum, cause honestly I've missed this community quite a bit, even when I can't tell most of you apart in my head. As much as I believe our new leaders are benevolent, I will always miss the site being ran by my favourite bunch of Ozzies (I remember when I started listening to the podcasts back around 2003, and I couldn't understand a word of what you're saying, thanks to you I've learned to understand Australian accents overtime :p )

Here's to 2015 beginning in a much better way than 2014 ended! I was already overjoyed with the Marussia news, this just adds to it... :)
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Zergon

Post by Zergon »

Good to see this one back. :)
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

(That's better. Thanks. Now, it works for me, too.)

Dear Administrators,

thank you very much for bringing back this forum, formerly of the website whose name shall not be mentioned for whatever reasons.

After the website whose name shall not be mentioned had disappeared for whatever reasons, it looked a lot like this was it, or as they say, it is what it is. But that is now all in the past, thanks to you, guys. Thanks for the probably huge amount of work you have put into recovering this online destination.

Here's wishing you and all the users best of luck and all the best with the new website!

Y.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Just wanted to throw my 10 pence into the hat and say well done to both Biscione and Nuppiz for their obviously hard work in getting this site back online.

I'll admit I'm not a big fan of the 'layout', especially as it takes a while for pages to load (iphone user with fibreoptic, so my end is fine), but just having the content back is a big plus.

Well done all!
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Julien

Post by Julien »

Yay! We're back! :D

I hope this site can help a little to quickly repost all the articles:
http://web.archive.org/web/200304111305 ... /main.html
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Julien wrote:Yay! We're back! :D

I hope this site can help a little to quickly repost all the articles:
[deleted link]

No. This this not possible. It is not a question of ability. We have 100% of the original site content in our possession. We are not authorised to republish.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

Huge thanks to Alasdair and Niko for keeping the site going!
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
KatoriMotors

Post by KatoriMotors »

Kuwashima wrote:Just wanted to pop in and say a massive thanks to Biscione and Nuppiz for their work on getting the forum back up and running. When I realised that the previous site wouldn't be able to continue, saving the forum was one of my top priorities and I'm glad that it has been achieved.

Well done to all!

On the "what on earth happened" front, I will post something soon to clue everyone in. Just on the off case there's anyone out there who suspects otherwise, I am happy to confirm that Enoch and I did not have a disagreement or falling out over the site at all...!

On the issue of our profiles, and Enoch's many articles appearing on this site - this is not a "copyright" issue per se. It is simply a matter of Enoch not wishing his articles to appear online (for now, this may change in future), and Biscione and Nuppiz are respecting his wishes. He has good reasons.

I have been dying to know what happened since, well, it happened. But I also wanted to ask, is the situation with the podcasts you did with Enoch the same as with the articles? Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

And guys, good job getting the site back up. I don't know if I could help with new original content, but I'll contact you if I get something worthwhile done.
Eldridge1886

Post by Eldridge1886 »

As someone who was constantly on f1 rejects website for the last 6 years or so, and who listened to all the podcasts in that time, I feel quite embarrassed that I never got involved on the forum beforehand, and this is my first ever post.

Nevertheless, great to see GP rejects up and running with all of the original forum content. Hopefully one day some of the old reject articles will be back online, but I can understand the reasons for them not going on.

Great job guys getting this up and running all in good time for the up and coming season.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Eldridge1886 wrote:As someone who was constantly on f1 rejects website for the last 6 years or so, and who listened to all the podcasts in that time, I feel quite embarrassed that I never got involved on the forum beforehand, and this is my first ever post.

I know the feeling...

Welcome!
#FreeGonzo
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

New bug: For some reason, attempting to use in-thread search box sends me to the "advanced search" page. :|
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Glad to see F1... or GP Rejects back :D
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
LukeB

Post by LukeB »

Seems appropriate that we've been turned into journeymen forumers.. Now if this thing can break down all the time we'd have a real too long staring into the abyss situation here.
Making up the numbers
Press_Play2002

Post by Press_Play2002 »

Hello, hello, hello. guess who's here? Yes one of your newest members is here! :D Now to change my avatar...
tumblr: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/n0tab0x1871 TARTZ: http://truefalse1989.deviantart.com/
"I think Press_Play2002 is on a downward spiral and has lost it completely"
~Mark WebberNot a real quote by the way
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

Whew. You got me scared for a while there. F1 Rejects was the only forum I frequented for a long time, and I am glad to see I don't need to alter my browsing habits.

Though the design of the boards is ... how to put it politely... less than appealing.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

I just want to state what I told Biscione in private. I wouldn't change a thing of the website right now except one thing; please give some contrast between topic list / posts inside threads and background. Right now, specially inside threads, I find it a bit hard to distinguish one post to the next. Not saying change it radically, just put a bit of difference in front/background color please.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

YIPPEEEE

I'm probably in the minority, but I like this design. It's got a livery that reject teams would be proud of :D

Huge kudos to Stram..I mean Biscione, and Nuppiz. Glad to see old faces again. :)
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

wsrgo wrote:YIPPEEEE

I'm probably in the minority, but I like this design. It's got a livery that reject teams would be proud of :D

Huge kudos to Kost...I mean Stram...I mean Biscione, and Nuppiz. Glad to see old faces again. :)

Fixed
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Just adding my voice to the gratitude of the masses! Biscione, Nuppiz, you did great.

Maybe I might come on the forums more often again. Maybe. It's a definite maybe.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll: