It's pretty decent
49%
Doesn't make a difference to me
6%
It could be better
7%
Bring back the old version!
13%
MY EYES! MY EYES! THIS IS AN AFFRONT TO MY HUMAN RIGHTS!
2%

Total votes: 88

Shadaza

Re: We're back!

Post by Shadaza »

Well done for all your hard work. Half of me wishes you could "forget" most of my posts but it's good to be back. :D
Message me on Discord.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Great work guys!!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Biscione wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Looks pretty cool on my mobile device. Not seeing signatures at the moment, but I'm fine with that. Good work guys.

Forgot to reply to this...

Yeah, this is on purpose - mobile screens are small, so some luxuries have been thrown out for its display. Sigs are one of them.

It makes sense to do that. I am now on a netbook and the forum looks good on this too. But, from the Board Index, on the netbook, I can see at a glance which forums contain unread posts by the darker blue icon, which I did not have from the mobile. Is this another luxury that was thrown out? If so, that was one I like to have access to.

But you guys have done a brilliant job and I appreciate it. Thank you. And thank you for letting me back on again...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

dr-baker wrote:
Biscione wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Looks pretty cool on my mobile device. Not seeing signatures at the moment, but I'm fine with that. Good work guys.

Forgot to reply to this...

Yeah, this is on purpose - mobile screens are small, so some luxuries have been thrown out for its display. Sigs are one of them.

It makes sense to do that. I am now on a netbook and the forum looks good on this too. But, from the Board Index, on the netbook, I can see at a glance which forums contain unread posts by the darker blue icon, which I did not have from the mobile. Is this another luxury that was thrown out? If so, that was one I like to have access to.

Lack of width in mobile screens makes this a bit hard to do. The columns are already narrower than ideal as it is! I could bore you with why it would be quite difficult to get it to work effectively across all mobiles, if you'd like!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Its great to have it back.
Officially Retired
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

Thank God were all back!! I don't know how I have coped the last few weeks

Well done with getting the site back it looks pretty good!!
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

:oops:
Biscione wrote:Lack of width in mobile screens makes this a bit hard to do. The columns are already narrower than ideal as it is! I could bore you with why it would be quite difficult to get it to work effectively across all mobiles, if you'd like!

Nah, now that I'm back on my phone again, I can see your justification. Unless someone else would like you to...!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Oh, you've redecorated.
I don't like it.

:P

Resistance to change aside, brilliant job getting it all working guys :D
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Some minor style changes made based on common feedback - mostly to do with quotes. You'll probably need to clear your cache (Ctrl + F5) to see them.

Image Image
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

Just a quick post to say thank you and well done for the resurrected and rebuilt site. Glad to have it back, and well in time for the new season. Well done guys!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Thanks very much Alasdair and Niko! Very sleek looking website at first glance!
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Good job guys. I do miss the black and gray theme, but it'll definitely be easier to use when I'm on my phone. :D
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Wow, nice job getting everything back up and running! Thanks to Nuppiz and Biscione, as frequently mentioned.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

Yay the forums are back! Thanks Biscione and Nuppiz ;)
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Nice job Biscione and Nuppiz :D
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
simonracer

Post by simonracer »

Great job guys!
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Pardon my French, but BATHPLUG YES!

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

This new site looks great but I will heartily miss the aesthetics of the old one, like many other people. But, and this is specifically for you if you're really upset about the new decor, remember it's the content that makes a forum what it is.

Right then, whats the story with Jamie and Enoch?
Just For One Day...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

The only problems users are experiencing with GPR are minor quote based issues and coming to terms with the loss of the old way of doing things, I think it just goes to show how good of a job Biscione and Nuppiz have done. As getz pointed out, for us it's been a seamless transition, but I'm aware of the headaches that had gone into the site during the week or two of downtime and th headaches that might be due to come - a thankyou for keeping this madhouse up and running is the least I can offer. Fortunately for us all, I don't think we could have chosen two better people to get the show back up and running again.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Quotes look a lot better now, appreciate the work on that guys, and the addition of more blue.

Just like to add that the unread posts feature is a great new addition - much prefer that than the new posts list.

One final design note from me - the "Site Donor" tags underneath the avatars of people who have donated are a bit big in my mind. I get why they are like that, and I intend to do so myself, but their size unnecessarily draws my attention to those that haven't, and I think that's somewhat unfair because for some people it might not be possible to donate (age, finances, etc). I'd rather have something that's a little more discreet, that blends into the rest of the stats (post count, location, etc).

EDIT - I've just noticed that those who have donated have a "rank" that says site donor in the list of stats. In light of this, I'd recommend loosing the larger site donor tag altogether.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Glad we're back!

*The time is now*
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

Yay!
Good work, never been one for decor, it's the content that makes me glad the site is back.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Nice one lads, great that the site hasn't been lost to the ages! Design looks great to my mind as well :)
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Is there any way to distinguish new posts in a thread from old ones? This used to be possible in the Old Era + Prosilver but it is no longer possible. :?

(I mean that during the Old Era, new posts have the little folded paper thingy colored orange)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Somehow i missed the message that you guys are back on, but good job!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Great to have the forums back. As a regular in the chat, the amount of effort Biscione and Nuppiz have put into the website, given the problems they've faced over the last few weeks into fixing our madhouse deserves to be commended. Definitely worthy of a couple of beers :P
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Rabbi Gordon

Post by Rabbi Gordon »

YAY!
Great job bringing all this back. Huge thanks to everyone involved in the works.
If a particle is traveling at the speed of a Spyker, it is likely to finish last. - Albers Einstein

The Hungarian language is more beautiful than you'd ever think. See, the plural of soul in Hungarian is lelkek.
tzerof1

Post by tzerof1 »

This makes me so happy. As an avid follower of the site since 2005, I was quite shocked when the old site shut down and was afraid that it would be much longer than it's been for it to come back. Thanks so much Biscione, and anyone/everyone else who has brought at least some of the old site back in all of its(modernised) glory!
"If you don't like it, overtake or f**k off!"- Niki Lauda responding to complaints of his Brabham BT46 'fan car" throwing debris in drivers' faces.
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Well done to all concerned....
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
DVST8R

Post by DVST8R »

Awesome, good to see things back up and running! Also can't wait to find out what has been going on behind the scenes, I bet it would rival Home and Away for drama and intrigue!

Question for our new Reject Overlords: Will the podcast live on? That was how I found this site in the first place.

Special thanks to Enoch and Jamie for all the time and effort they put into the site and the podcast over the years, and also to our new Reject Overlords for having the energy and desire to see this site continue on for the rest of us to enjoy. :)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

DVST8R wrote:Awesome, good to see things back up and running! Also can't wait to find out what has been going on behind the scenes, I bet it would rival Home and Away for drama and intrigue!

Question for our new Reject Overlords: Will the podcast live on? That was how I found this site in the first place.

Special thanks to Enoch and Jamie for all the time and effort they put into the site and the podcast over the years, and also to our new Reject Overlords for having the energy and desire to see this site continue on for the rest of us to enjoy. :)

For the moment, no. It would certainly need new hosts, and I certainly won't be one of them - I have all the humour and charisma of a tax accountant whose favourite colour is beige! The firsts priority was simply getting gprejects.com and its forum online, the next is getting at least some of the old content back online (the ex-overlords are stalling on the permission front!) and then about forming a strategy for new content. I have ideas but none of them are fully formed or set into motion. But what I can't say is I don't plan for the main part of the website to be as bare as it is now forever...

Image Image
jonnowoody

Post by jonnowoody »

A big thank you to Nuppiz and Biscione.

Selfless work and valuable too.Great for you to ask for consensus and I think this will work out.

Though the other place kept things in aspic for more than a decade............this place is not that place!

This is your place, our place and we celebrate the last place. Good for you!

J
Oh and can someone call a taxi for Mr.Mosely?
Scrap Thistlethwayte
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Scrap Thistlethwayte »

great stuff chaps. I posted from my laptop yesterday but I can't see it. It could just be be me being an idiot, it has been know. Anyone else experienced similar?
Aerodynamics is for people who can't build engines. - Enzo Ferrari
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Scrap Thistlethwayte wrote:great stuff chaps. I posted from my laptop yesterday but I can't see it. It could just be be me being an idiot, it has been know. Anyone else experienced similar?

Hi there,

As an anti-spam measure the first few posts of new accounts need to be manually approved by a moderator before posts begin to appear automatically. If you'd seen some of the spam back in the day, before this rule was implemented, I think you'd understand why! :roll:

Image Image
davekartclub

Post by davekartclub »

Great effort bringing the web site and forum back to life - well done!
Recreating a podcast will be an even braver task!
dresda

Post by dresda »

Great to see the site back up with new enthusiastic owners!

I do give a damn about what happened so I look forward to Jamie's explanation.

Suggestions re: the format -

Fonst are too narrow, especially usernames (very small) and headings, buttons etc. Not everyone here is in the first flush of youth, many of us are relatively much older and need sites to be easier to read!

Some forums allow the use to use a different 'skin' to view the forum (ADVRider for example). Perhaps this would be a solution?

Anyway, I hope to see the rest of the wonderful information back up and running in the near future!

Thanks Alasdair!!
'08 BMW F650GS (Jutta), '01 Suzuku DR650, '03 VW Golf TDI (Teddy)
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

I didn't even know F1rejects was gone, or got a new owner ? But nice job Alasdair to safe it ! :)

The same happend with aerogi's site also saved.
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

By the way, I think it's a nice touch to have the Dave McFaste Memorial Forum for old canon threads.
MCard LOLA
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

I'm happy this place is back up as it means the void in my lunchbreaks is filled once more!

Hope some of the original content is restored - the fact that other sites and magazines had to reference it for information speaks volumes!

Good work guys!
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.