It's pretty decent
49%
Doesn't make a difference to me
6%
It could be better
7%
Bring back the old version!
13%
MY EYES! MY EYES! THIS IS AN AFFRONT TO MY HUMAN RIGHTS!
2%

Total votes: 88

DemocalypseNow

We're back!

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Welcome back everyone!

It's been an up and down year for F1R/GPR, but we're finally back again! A new everything - a new, more powerful & secure server, a 100% new front end. Read more about the changes on the website post.

What do you think of the changes? Love them, hate them, or just indifferent? Give us your feedback in the poll attached to this thread!

Enjoy the new Grand Prix Rejects,
Alasdair.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Bobby Doorknobs

Re: We're back!

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

It might just be a case of me being so used to it, but I prefer the old layout. Regardless, it's good to be back. :D
#FreeGonzo
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

Great job on saving the forum Biscione! :D
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Finally, we are at the new home. :D
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Ducktanian

Post by Ducktanian »

The layout doesn't look too great on mobile, but I'm just its back up :D
Murray Walker: "A lot of people here are really debating whether Ricardo Rosset is Formula 1 material"
Martin Brundle: "Well, it's a fairly short debate, Murray".
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

Looks sexy, even more sexy than i expected
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Well Done, its great to be back, the site looks fantastic, just going to take a bit of getting used to
BabyG

Post by BabyG »

Really big congratulations and well done from me! I hope that your efforts provide us with a space to read about discuss the real heros of F1 for years to come.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

What a great job Biscione has made. It's great that the forums are back! :)
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Just hats off to you two, Biscione and Nuppiz. You guys have done a fantastic job with redoing, redesigning and getting the website and forums back online. Thanks a ton.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I miss the old set of smilies - other than that, it's great.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Happy to see the forums back up. This looks a lot more today than before, but I can't say anything bad. It'll just require some getting used to.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
W12

Post by W12 »

Great job, Biscione :D
Born on the same day as HWNSNBM!

Fan of: Ricciardo, Räikkönen and Marussia (R.I.P?).
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Great to have the forums back. Generally, I like the new design but some of the fonts are very small.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
mrfakeboullier

Post by mrfakeboullier »

Yes! Now I have somewhere to discuss my love of rejects once more. Thanks Biscione and Nuppiz so much.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Thank you Biscione and Nuppiz - I owe you both one.
I didn't even know how much I missed the forums until now. It's great to be back :D
Shame about the theme, though - Prosilver on F1R was more easy on the eyes.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Well, to be clear; if we get enough repeat feedback on something it'll be changed. If loads of people point out something that isn't quite right it will go to into the maintenance queue.

Image Image
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Today is a great day. A very great day.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Glad to see the forum back, I see now as a time to begin again and look to the future
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Nice to have the forums back.

The fonts are horrid though. Some are too small and hard to read, however I find the majoritry of the fonts look pretty horrible as I dont have sub pixel rendering on as I find it makes everything look a little blurry and i like things sharp. Generally the stems are much thicker then the rest of the font. In the reply box next to the replies, [ looks pretty normal at one pixel wide but ] is two pixels wide and looks silly.

Also the grey border looks silly as well, F1 Rejects forum tended to fill up the entire screen.

The font in the reply box is fine as it renders as a standard pixel font.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
tBone

Post by tBone »

Great work! It's good the reject community is still alive :)
YOUR
LOGO

Here
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Awesome job from Biscione and Nuppiz, the new forum looks insanely good!
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Well, there's a few things in the interface that can be worked on, but overall everything is good.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Yes, well done all round boys, cracking job getting this back running.

Initial thoughts from me:

1. Too much grey. Definitely need a secondary colour (blue?) to offset all the grey, it feels too washed out at present.

2. Agree with others that some fonts are quite small, particularly ones in quote boxes.

3. Further to point 2, the padding in the quote boxes is too much - multi quotes like those in some of our sigs take up far too much room. The fact the font is smaller in these boxes exacerbates the issue.

If there's any others I notice, I'll add them to the list. Just to reiterate though, fantastic job overall! Thanks!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Great job in saving our old forum! Hopefully I can say the same for the content in no time! :)

As for the forum new looks and new house I quite like it. It looks more sober although as AndreaModa put it, it could use a few touches. The first thing I noticed is that, unlike the old forum, whenever you are scrolling down to see the posts, it can get a bit confusing between who posted, the post content and the signature. I think more striking boundaries could do the trick. I now notice that in the reply form the previous posts in the bottom look better differentiated. Although more different shades of grey could avoid less pain in my eyes there too . :P
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Yeah, I think we could do with a splash of colour, definitely.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

The white is a little too bright, but I don't care just glad the site is back. Here's hoping all your great work is not in vain, and the forum returns to pre-October levels of activity.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Looks pretty cool on my mobile device. Not seeing signatures at the moment, but I'm fine with that. Good work guys.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
The Dutch Bear

Post by The Dutch Bear »

A big hats off to Biscione and Nuppiz, thanks a lot for all the effort. It's great to be back and I'm sure the future will be likewise.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

The colour thing seems to be pretty much universal, and while the main forum body needs to stay a neutral colour for clarity, the background has been changed. You might need to use Ctrl+F5 to see the change.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Fantastic work all round, I had the pleasure of seeing the work in progress a couple of days ago and I'm glad it's up again. I think we'll get used to the forum's aesthetics as time goes by.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

dr-baker wrote:Looks pretty cool on my mobile device. Not seeing signatures at the moment, but I'm fine with that. Good work guys.

Forgot to reply to this...

Yeah, this is on purpose - mobile screens are small, so some luxuries have been thrown out for its display. Sigs are one of them.

Image Image
TomPryce

Post by TomPryce »

I don't often post here (and I only ever contributed that one crappy F1 for PS1 article), but I just wanted to say how grateful I am to those who managed to save this place. Far too often internet forums wither and die completely and it is SO sad for those people who have known the place for years and years - it's a bit like when a local pub shuts down, I suppose, in that it's a place to gather, discuss, argue, and when it's gone, it feels like a piece of your world has been lost.

I can't pretend to say this place meant THAT much to me, but I do know what it means - I was on a certain forum for 8 YEARS before it sadly got closed down due to costing the Web Admin too much. That was brutal, as I'd been there for such a long time. I mean, it was only a small community, but it meant a lot to those few people.

Regardless of the aesthetics, I am just glad the website is back. I would be SO willing to write content for the site if ever you wanted anything, because at the end of the day, that's what makes these websites (and this one in particular) so special.

Here's to the future of GPRejects, and long may it last :)
Remembering a Welsh sporting hero. Pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Looking at it on a proper PC, it looks much better than on mobile. Seriously Biscione and Nuppiz good on you.

Now about that explanation we've all been waiting for......
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
mario

Post by mario »

First of all, like many others here I am glad to see that the site and forums are back up and running again, and hopefully all the work that has been done behind the scenes will also ensure that the site is more secure too. It's been a long wait, but thanks to the efforts of Nuppiz and Biscione, we should hopefully be able to get back to normal (and just in time for the new season too).

A few initial thought that do come to mind are kind of echoing what Andreamoda has said:
AndreaModa wrote:Yes, well done all round boys, cracking job getting this back running.

Initial thoughts from me:

1. Too much grey. Definitely need a secondary colour (blue?) to offset all the grey, it feels too washed out at present.

2. Agree with others that some fonts are quite small, particularly ones in quote boxes.

3. Further to point 2, the padding in the quote boxes is too much - multi quotes like those in some of our sigs take up far too much room. The fact the font is smaller in these boxes exacerbates the issue.

If there's any others I notice, I'll add them to the list. Just to reiterate though, fantastic job overall! Thanks!

I have to agree with him that the initial issue is that we need a bit more contrast and colour. I have found it a little difficult to sometimes distinguish some of the text and web links from the background, so having a larger contrast between the colour of the text and the background would be welcome.

The quote boxes could also do with a little work - they are almost invisible and so it's sometimes quite hard to tell if somebody is actually being quoted or not.

I think that the other thing that might help would be having a slightly clearer distinction between individual posts too - if you are scrolling down quickly, it can be a bit difficult to tell where one post ends and another begins.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Well, after some review, I could see how the text size of inline elements quotes could be seen as too small, and their size has been increased slightly.

Image Image
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

New designs usually take a while to be accepted by me. This one is already proving pretty acceptable. Well done to the Rejects transfer crew :)
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Great to be back! I've been bereft these last weeks. Thanks Biscione!
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

The new look to the site isn't bad. But it will take some getting used to, having been used to the original layout.

Congrats for reviving the forum. Here's to the losers.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Good to see that the forum transition seems pretty seamless from what I've seen. I'll let you know if anything weird shows up when I browse the site.

We're back in business just in time for the 2015 season!
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?