'No British Drivers' Alternative Championship

Archive for the three above subforums
WaffleCat

'No British Drivers' Alternative Championship

Post by WaffleCat »

Very simple.Having seen how British Drivers have dominated F1 over the years,with great names like Hunt,Hawthorn,Hill,Hill,Mansell,Hamilton,Clark,Surtees,Moss etc.,imagine if those drivers were all just...wiped out from the championship altogether.Could provide real interesting championships over the years.But for now,here's 1950

Notes:
1.No Fastest lap points and no Indy 500
2.Shared drives with a British chap will not count.

1950 Season

1.Giuseppe Farina--27 pt.--3 wins.1 4th
2.Juan Manuel Fangio--24 pt.--3 wins
3.Luigi Fagioli--24(28) pt.--4 2nds
4.Louis Rosier--14 pt.--2 3rds,2 4ths
5.Alberto Ascari--11 pt.--1 2nd,1 shared 2nd,1 5th
6.Philippe Etancelin--5.5 pt--1 shared 4th,2 5th
7.B.Bira--5 pt--1 4th,1 5th
8.Yves Giraud-Cabantous--4 pt.--1 3rd,1 7th
9.Louis Chiron--4 pt.--1 3rd,1 9th
10.Robert Manzon--4 pt.--1 3rd,2 Ret
11.Dorino Serafini--3 pt.--1 shared 2nd
12.Raymond Sommer--3 pt.--1 4th
13.Felice Bonetto--2 pt.--1 5th
14.Eugene Chaboud--1.5 pt.--1 shared 4th
15.Charles Pozzi--1 pt.--1 shared 5th.

Not much change,although Fagioli could have won the title had there been no dropped scores.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
James1978

Re: 'No British Drivers' Alternative Championship

Post by James1978 »

I was thinking of doing soemthing similar but with no British speaking drivers in it!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

James1978 wrote:I was thinking of doing soemthing similar but with no British speaking drivers in it!

With most drivers being able to speak English nowadays, surely the only 21st century driver eligible under that criterium would be Yuji Ide?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I'm actually interested in 1992. Schumacher, Patrese, Senna and Berger are probably all within a shout.

Also, Panis would be the only finisher of the 1996 Monaco Grand Prix.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

On the more immediate future, 1958 should be interesting too.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

dr-baker wrote:
James1978 wrote:I was thinking of doing soemthing similar but with no British speaking drivers in it!

With most drivers being able to speak English nowadays, surely the only 21st century driver eligible under that criterium would be Yuji Ide?

He'd still only win the championship by 10 points.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

dr-baker wrote:

I guess he meant drivers also from Australia, Canada, USA and stuff to be removed
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

FantometteBR wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

I guess he meant drivers also from Australia, Canada, USA and stuff to be removed

I knew that! I was taking what was written too literally... ;) :P
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Yes I did mean that - this should be interesting though I don't think we'll get many champions who weren't in reality, certainly in the modern era, don't know enough about the 60s - Massa for 2008 is a definite, Barrichello for 2009 is possible due to Red Bull's poor reliability that year. Can't see past Patrese in 1992 as most of Mansell's wins were Williams 1-2s.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

James1978 wrote:Yes I did mean that - this should be interesting though I don't think we'll get many champions who weren't in reality, certainly in the modern era, don't know enough about the 60s - Massa for 2008 is a definite, Barrichello for 2009 is possible due to Red Bull's poor reliability that year. Can't see past Patrese in 1992 as most of Mansell's wins were Williams 1-2s.

And I imagine Villeneuve would be a certainty in 1996?
MCard LOLA
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

dr-baker wrote:
James1978 wrote:Yes I did mean that - this should be interesting though I don't think we'll get many champions who weren't in reality, certainly in the modern era, don't know enough about the 60s - Massa for 2008 is a definite, Barrichello for 2009 is possible due to Red Bull's poor reliability that year. Can't see past Patrese in 1992 as most of Mansell's wins were Williams 1-2s.

And I imagine Villeneuve would be a certainty in 1996?

For 1992 only Schumacher has a chance, but I guess it's Patrese's. 1996 is similar, Alesi could be closer to Villeneuve than Schumacher actually.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

--BUMP FROM THE DEAD--

For those that weren't here two years ago (a long time in Internet time), I started this 'No British Drivers' alternative championship for fun and curiosity. However, I got bored, I had other things on F1Rejects to take care of, and relegated the 1951 excel spreadsheet I had to my deepest, darkest computer folder for two years.

…until now.

I've revived it. I took interest in it again during my few pockets of spare time, that increased as the holidays came along. I have the results for not just 1951, not just 1952, not just the entire 50's, 60's or 70's…

I'm at 1984 now.

And you can view it all, with championship history, points per race, podium finishes for the season and season summaries on one, simple, Google Doc...

[https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AF5TCqUvSoDAUgDNiGhRCRMmQjsQpNYVCA_YfmKhnO0/edit?usp=sharing]'No British Drivers' Alternative Championship[/url]

I'll be updating the doc and inform you of what changes I've made.

Enjoy!
Last edited by WaffleCat on 09 Feb 2015, 10:25, edited 1 time in total.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

I've updated the doc to include the championships from 1985 to 1987, the years where Mansell was right up there challenging for titles.

WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

I've finished through to 1992 now on the doc, which ends the years where Mansell was on top.

WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

I haven't updated the doc for a while, but in my last update I've completed the Damon Hill years, from 1993 to 1996. Wins and podiums for random people and teams everywhere, and reject points galore!

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

WaffleCat wrote:I haven't updated the doc for a while, but in my last update I've completed the Damon Hill years, from 1993 to 1996. Wins and podiums for random people and teams everywhere, and reject points galore!

There were quite a number of Brits in those years: Damon Hill, Mark Blundell, Martin Brundle, Eddie Irvine, Johnny Herbert... And the 1995 Australian GP ought to see both a Forti and a Pacific score, right?
MCard LOLA
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

dr-baker wrote:
WaffleCat wrote:I haven't updated the doc for a while, but in my last update I've completed the Damon Hill years, from 1993 to 1996. Wins and podiums for random people and teams everywhere, and reject points galore!

There were quite a number of Brits in those years: Damon Hill, Mark Blundell, Martin Brundle, Eddie Irvine, Johnny Herbert... And the 1995 Australian GP ought to see both a Forti and a Pacific score, right?

Well, check the doc to find out for yourself!

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

WaffleCat wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Well, check the doc to find out for yourself!

:roll: I still need to set up a separate Google account just to be able to access Google Docs. Cue Kevin the Teenager citing how unfair it all is!

Not an SEP I know...
MCard LOLA
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

dr-baker wrote: :roll: I still need to set up a separate Google account just to be able to access Google Docs. Cue Kevin the Teenager citing how unfair it all is!

Not an SEP I know...

For this doc, I don't think you need a Google account at all to access it...

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

WaffleCat wrote:
dr-baker wrote: :roll: I still need to set up a separate Google account just to be able to access Google Docs. Cue Kevin the Teenager citing how unfair it all is!

Not an SEP I know...

Well, it's still asking me to re-enter my password, then denying me access as I do not "have the necessary permissions." I seem to regularly encounter this problem with anything on Google Docs. Is there something that I might be doing wrong? (Like remaining logged in to my uni emails on each device I'm on?)
MCard LOLA
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

dr-baker wrote:
WaffleCat wrote:

Not an SEP I know...

Well, it's still asking me to re-enter my password, then denying me access as I do not "have the necessary permissions." I seem to regularly encounter this problem with anything on Google Docs. Is there something that I might be doing wrong? (Like remaining logged in to my uni emails on each device I'm on?)

Actually...I think I know my mistake. I may have copied the link from the address bar when I was editing it...Which is not the sharing link, which allows anyone, sign in or not, to comment on it.

Try this link now. It should work...

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

WaffleCat wrote:Actually...I think I know my mistake. I may have copied the link from the address bar when I was editing it...Which is not the sharing link, which allows anyone, sign in or not, to comment on it.

Try this link now. It should work...

That's it! I thought it was my problem, not yours, but that works! Thank you!
MCard LOLA