Alt-1955 - Prize money awarded!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Bobby Doorknobs

Re: Alt-1955 - Proposed rule changes Page 8!

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

This wrote:
Simtek wrote:Put me down as a maybe. :P

How much time do you need to think about it? :P

It's going to depend on how my financial situation looks at the end of the year. If I have enough money for such an investment at that time, then yes.
#FreeGonzo
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Simtek wrote:
This wrote:
Simtek wrote:Put me down as a maybe. :P

How much time do you need to think about it? :P

It's going to depend on how my financial situation looks at the end of the year. If I have enough money for such an investment at that time, then yes.

Well, i will not wait until the end of the year to start developing the car.
Judging by your budget, you can afford it (altough you might not enter as much races as you originally wanted). Of course, i could offer you a customer version, which will be just as good for a smaller price (something like 35000), but that means no constructor prize money.
It is inevitable that some involved teams get into debt in the beginning of the season, but the competitiveness will pay of at the end of the season (unless your Lancia engine is so hapless that you still can't even qualify with a top tier chassis, but that's not my fault :P ), and the positive thing is, that if one of the investors get bankrupt, that the other investors can continue running Cooper.
Again, i repeat that the more teams engage in this project, the cheaper it will be. Also, the more Coopers that run at races, the more likely Cooper is to get good results. Time for the garagist revolution! (and yes, this is very fifties spirit, indeed)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Bobby Doorknobs

This wrote:Well, i will not wait until the end of the year to start developing the car.
Judging by your budget, you can afford it (altough you might not enter as much races as you originally wanted). Of course, i could offer you a customer version, which will be just as good for a smaller price (something like 35000), but that means no constructor prize money.
It is inevitable that some involved teams get into debt in the beginning of the season, but the competitiveness will pay of at the end of the season (unless your Lancia engine is so hapless that you still can't even qualify with a top tier chassis, but that's not my fault :P ), and the positive thing is, that if one of the investors get bankrupt, that the other investors can continue running Cooper.
Again, i repeat that the more teams engage in this project, the cheaper it will be. Also, the more Coopers that run at races, the more likely Cooper is to get good results. Time for the garagist revolution! (and yes, this is very fifties spirit, indeed)

If you are beginning development of the car so soon then I shall have to decline. However, if enough parties are interested (thus bringing the development costs down), it could persuade me to change my mind. :)
#FreeGonzo
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Simtek wrote:
This wrote:Well, i will not wait until the end of the year to start developing the car.

If you are beginning development of the car so soon then I shall have to decline. However, if enough parties are interested (thus bringing the development costs down), it could persuade me to change my mind. :)

Well, we have ENB and Maserati and i put some pressure on Australasia and they are on board now too. If you join, that would make 4. I can probably convince Maserati to go for a bigger share, so that would make 5
Now that i think of it, it's not even required to actually build a fifth chassis, just sharing in development cost will be enough to get your share of the income. (that would cost you 20000, and you can build the car later)
Bobby Doorknobs

This wrote:
Simtek wrote:

Well, we have ENB and Maserati and i put some pressure on Australasia and they are on board now too. If you join, that would make 4. I can probably convince Maserati to go for a bigger share, so that would make 5
Now that i think of it, it's not even required to actually build a fifth chassis, just sharing in development cost will be enough to get your share of the income. (that would cost you 20000, and you can build the car later)

I have just remembered that my current £45,000 budget does not take into account the D50 chassis that I am running on loan from Lancia for Armstrong and Kelly, which will cost a total of £25,000 for the five rounds in which they will be participating. That leaves £20,000, not counting travel expenses, possible repair bills etc. Having come to this realisation IRA simply cannot afford to make such an investment. I do intend to participate in every round to help Titterington and the team gain as much experience as possible for next year (assuming Des will want to stay with us), so it's unlikely that IRA's involvement will be cut back. Even if it is, it will probably be for the purposes of saving money for next year. The Lancia package has shown to be a promising one and I would like to keep that partnership going for as long as IRA is a customer team (I'm giving Takagi until mid-June to come back, if not, forget the last part of that sentence :P).
#FreeGonzo
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Your loss, you realise my system allows you to earn money without even participating, right? Getting involved with Cooper does not mean you have to cut ties with Lancia, after all, you still need engines. Also your budget is 55000, not 45000 :P
And yes, i admit that in theory the Lancia should be equal in performance. It's just that Cooper is better business.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

The Telegraph wrote:Chapman to Join Aston Martin

After a troubled off-season for the championship-winning Jaguar-Aston Martin Racing team, a sense of control has finally been restored in the organisation with innovative engineer and racing driver Colin Chapman to join the team in an senior engineering role. With rumours abound that both Aston Martin and Jaguar are increasingly likely to withdraw from the Formula One championship in the face of new rule changes and amidst the fallout of separate break-ins for the team, many believe that this is the beginning of an eventual transfer of the team from the two manufacturers to Chapman's Lotus Racing organisation. While such a deal would ensure the continued success of the team, it would put into doubt the future of the Jaguar engine program, as Chapman has thus far shown little interest in any in-house engine program for the team beyond the end of the current racing season.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Alright, Cooper has found enough partners to get the project started. Everybody else who want to be part of this succes story will have to buy a customer version. Which will probably cost 35000.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Due to the Cooper/Maserati oncoming partnership, Officine Alfieri Maserati will amend some of their entries due to the investment made at the new T41 car

The team will only enter as Officine Alfieri Maserati (as it expects to adopt a new name in 1956) in Monaco, France, Italy, Portugal and Morocco races, with Ron Flockhart as their sole driver.

Chico Landi might drive a second T41 at the Italian round, if needed
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

FantometteBR wrote:Due to the Cooper/Maserati oncoming partnership, Officine Alfieri Maserati will amend some of their entries due to the investment made at the new T41 car

The team will only enter as Officine Alfieri Maserati (as it expects to adopt a new name in 1956) in Monaco, France, Italy, Portugal and Morocco races, with Ron Flockhart as their sole driver.

Chico Landi might drive a second T41 at the Italian round, if needed

There's no need to change your name, as it's not a technical merger, it's just that chassis producer Cooper and engine producer Maserati will intensify their co-operation in te future, similar to what Aston Martin and Jaguar are doing, only slightly different. But we'll sort out or 1956 plans later this season, because there might be some rule changes.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Alright then! I'm ready to start the season proper. Please check the first post of the thread to see if I've made any mistakes, and please fill in any TBAs on the entry lists.

The entry list will close on Thursday, January 29th 2015 at 13:00 CET. Any incomplete entries will be withdrawn.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Alt-1955 - Complete your Monaco entries!

Post by DanielPT »

Alfa Romeo confirms their entries.

They also confirm their disgust at Maserati forsaking Italian tradition! ;)
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Bobby Doorknobs

IRA confirms its entry for the Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco.
#FreeGonzo
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Change of plan. Ecurie Voeckler will bring their second combination (Alfa Romeo AR161 chassis 3, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 6) after all, and ask Louis Chiron to drive instead of Rosier.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Biscione wrote:Change of plan. Ecurie Voeckler will bring their second combination (Alfa Romeo AR161 chassis 3, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 6) after all, and ask Louis Chiron to drive instead of Rosier.

Louis "Best of Monégasque" Chiron
1-85: takes the drive for his home race
86-100: continues being whatever he his when he isn't racing
Result: 54
You have Chiron.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

After seeing our performance in Reims, Ecurie Maghreb wishes to switch out La Caze for Andre Guelfi if that is possible. We will use the same car/engine combination (Lancia Chassis, Lancia Engine)
Last edited by CaptainGetz12 on 27 Jan 2015, 19:05, edited 2 times in total.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Mike Hawthorn will drive Vanwall #1 and Dennis Poore Vanwall #2 in Monaco and throughout the season, without taking into account any possible replacements due to accidents of course.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

David Hampshire will drive Bentley chassis 8, with 16VL-1 engine 10, for the entire season.

Roy Salvadori will drive the older chassis 5, with engine TBD later in the season. We may well use that OSCA engine for a few races.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
andrew

Post by andrew »

Assanti milanti will go to monaco using the Ferrari chassis and engine I'm borrowing from this.
A question about drivers, the rng said I had Luigi villoresi can I use him or do I use Milhoux
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Phoenix will bring the same combination from Singapore to Monaco in the hope of repeating our success there.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

andrew wrote:Assanti milanti will go to monaco using the Ferrari chassis and engine I'm borrowing from this.
A question about drivers, the rng said I had Luigi villoresi can I use him or do I use Milhoux

In the Ferrari you will use a Belgian driver, because if you don't, you will have to pay for the car! But as i mentioned in my PM, i offer you to run Claes, Pilette or Frère instead of Milhoux, because that will defenitely be a huge improvement.
If you also run other cars, that's none of my business.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Tasman Racing Alliance confirms their entry.
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

Scuderia Australia will use our Cooper T41 chassis and our Jaguar JFE-2 engine combination for the Monaco Grand Prix, with Lex Davison driving, of course.
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

FRacing will enter Roberto Mieres on the Bentley Speed 4 with the FIAT 155
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
Samster

Post by Samster »

Ambrosiana will enter all three of our cars for Monaco, we intend on at least two all season of course and will run our old third car for R&D purposes (read picking up an extra pay cheque) for as long as the info is useful to us (read profitable).

Ambrosiana A-004 chassis 1-Alfa Romeo ARV8 engine 5 - Luigi Musso
Ambrosiana A-004 chassis 2-Alfa Romeo ARV8 engine 6 - Alberto Uria

Musso and Uria will drive these combinations all season unless they get injured or write off the cars.

Ambrosiana A-003 chassis 1-Alfa Romeo ARV8 engine 4 - Jaroslav Juhan will be given a go in the R&Dmobile for Monaco.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Jaroslav "Yes, that's a country" Juhan
1-85: takes the drive and becomes the first Guatemalan to drive in F1
86-100: stays in America.
Result: 17
Juhan will take the Monaco drive.

WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Reatherson Racing Developments confirms their entry.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

WaffleCat wrote:Reatherson Racing Developments confirms their entry.

As does BRUNEL.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Right, the deadline has passed, and the following entries have been withdrawn:

Trod van Hoff Racing (no driver confirmed)
Scuderia Ferrari (no drivers confirmed)
Ecurie Albertini (nothing confirmed)
British Commonwealth Motorsport Association (no drivers confirmed)
Assasti Millanti (driver not confirmed in time)

This leaves 47 drivers entered for 20 spots on the grid. Obviously, there will be prequalifying.

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Alt-1955 - Monaco in preparation.

Post by Nessafox »

If i'm not mistaken, ENB has never qualified for a Monaco race yet...
I'm very curious to see how the car will do against the established teams.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

In the news
April 11th - Kuomintang attempt to assassinate Zhou Enlai; 16 killed in Kashmir Princess bombing

April 12th - Salk polio vaccine approved by FDA

April 15th - New burger restaurant named McDonald's opens in Illinois

April 16th - Treaty of Rangoon comes into effect; state of war between Japan and Burma ends

April 17th - Hungarian Premier Imre Nagy judged too moderate and deposed; replaced by Andras Hedegus

April 18th-24 - African-Asian Conference held in Bandung, Indonesia

April 18th - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

April 21st - 30 dead in Minas Gerais Argentina tunnel cave-in

April 29th - Giovanni Gronchi elected President of Italy

April 30th - Nationalisation of the Imperial Bank of India

May 1st - Warsaw Treaty on Friendship, Cooperation and Mutual Assistance signed

May 5th - West Germany becomes a sovereign nation recognised by most Western countries

May 5th 1955, Monaco Grand Prix prequalifying

A new season is upon us, the sixth of the World Drivers' Championship and the fifth for Constructors' and Entrants' championships. And this time, participation is at a record high, even for the most inaccessible races in the Soviet Union and Morocco, where over 40 cars are entered. Some entry lists are even pushing 60 drivers! But despite all these changes to the calendar, including four new rounds (Scotland, USSR, Portugal and Morocco), there would be some constants, including the opening race, as always held in Monaco. This year, 47 entrants have turned up. More had signed up, but eventually had to withdraw.

2. Maria Teresa de Filippis (Maria Teresa de Filippis) - O.S.C.A. F154 chassis 2, O.S.C.A. 156s engine 2
4. Hernando da Silva Ramos (Bernie C. Ecclestone) - Mercedes WM-2 chassis 1, Bentley 16VL-1 engine 8
6. Bernie Ecclestone (Bernie C. Ecclestone) - Mercedes WM-2 chassis 2, Bentley 16VL-1 engine 7
8. David Hampshire (Hampshire Racing Alliance) - Bentley Speed 4 chassis 8, Bentley 16VL-1 engine 10
10. Dorino Serafini (Officine Renzo) - Alfa Romeo AR161 chassis 5, Alfa Romeo AR2V8 engine 3
12. Toulo de Graffenried (Officine Renzo) - Alfa Romeo AR161 chassis 4, Alfa Romeo AR2V8 engine 4
14. Franco Rol (Officine Renzo) - Ambrosiana A-002 chassis 2, Ferrari 555 engine 4
16. André Simon (Ecurie Voeckler) - Alfa Romeo AR161 chassis 6, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 11
18. Alfonso de Portago (Loyer Racing) - Loyer LR101 chassis 1, Porsche 755 engine 3
20. Eugenio Castellotti (Porsche System Engineering) - Porsche 855 chassis 1, Porsche 755 engine 1
22. Jean Behra (Porsche System Engineering) - Porsche 855 chassis 2, Porsche 755 engine 2
24. Paco Godia (ART-Gordini) - Gordini G-953 chassis 2, Gordini ART-004 engine 2
26. Porfirio Rubirosa (ART-Gordini) - Gordini G-953 chassis 4, Gordini ART-004 engine 4
28. Consalvo Sanesi (ART-Gordini) - Gordini G-953 chassis 6, Gordini ART-004 engine 6
30. Robert Manzon (ART-Gordini) - Gordini G-953 chassis 7, Gordini ART-004 engine 7
32. Lance Macklin (Reatherson Racing Development) - Bentley Speed 4 Chassis 2, Ferrari 555 engine 12
34. Roberto Mieres (FRacing) - Bentley Speed 4 chassis 1, FIAT 155 engine 1
36. José Froilan Gonzalez (Scuderia Anglo-Italia) - O.S.C.A. 154 chassis 3, Bentley 16VL-1 engine 2
38. Jacques Swaters (Scuderia Anglo-Italia) - O.S.C.A. 154 chassis 5, Bentley 16VL-1 engine 3
40. Peter Whitehead (Scuderia Anglo-Italia) - Bentley Speed 4 chassis 7, O.S.C.A. 156s engine 7
42. Stirling Moss (Scuderia Anglo-Italia) - Bentley Speed 4 chassis 9, O.S.C.A. 156s engine 9
44. Harry Schell (Geoff Richardson Racing) - Bentley Speed 4 chassis 11, Bentley 16VL-1 engine 11
46. André Guelfi (Ecurie Maghreb) - Lancia D50 chassis 2, Lancia DS50 engine 2
48. Desmond Titterington (Irish Racing Association) - Lancia D50 chassis 1, Lancia DS50 engine 1
50. Lex Davison (Scuderia Australasia) - Cooper T41 chassis 4, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 5
52. Bib Stillwell (Tasman Racing Alliance) - O.S.C.A. F154 chassis 7, Vanwall 254 engine 3
54. Ron Flockhart (Officine Alfieri Maserati) - Cooper T41 chassis 2, Maserati 200F engine 1
56. Jack Brabham (Alfa Romeo SpA) - Alfa Romeo AR161 chassis 1, Alfa Romeo AR2V8 engine 1
58. Giuseppe Farina (Alfa Romeo SpA) - Alfa Romeo AR161 chassis 2, Alfa Romeo AR2V8 engine 2
60. Tony Gaze (Alfa Romeo SpA) - Alfa Romeo AR160 chassis 1, Alfa Romeo ARV8 engine 1
62. Mike Hawthorn (Vanwall) - Vanwall VW55 chassis 1, Vanwall 254 engine 1
64. Dennis Poore (Vanwall) - Vanwall VW55 chassis 2, Vanwall 254 engine 2
66. Giannino Marzotto (Maria Teresa de Filippis) - O.S.C.A. F154 chassis 8, O.S.C.A. 156s engine 4
68. Anne Hall (BRUNEL) - O.S.C.A. F154 chassis 4, Porsche 755 engine 5
70. Pat Moss (BRUNEL) - Bentley Speed 3 chassis 8, Bentley 163-1 engine 7
72. Tony Bettenhausen (Jaguar-Aston Martin Racing) - Aston Martin AM-04 chassis 11, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 1
74. Dries van der Lof (Jaguar-Aston Martin Racing) - Aston Martin AM-04 chassis 3, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 3
76. B. Bira (Jaguar-Aston Martin Racing) - Aston Martin AM-04 chassis 2, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 2
78. Maurice Trintignant (Jaguar-Aston Martin Racing) - Aston Martin AM-04 chassis 12, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 16
80. Stan Jones (Balkan Leader) - Alfa Romeo AR161 chassis 7, Balkan Lion F154 engine 3
82. Kenneth McAlpine (Owen Racing Organisation) - Bentley Speed 4 chassis 4, Bentley 16VL-1 engine 9
84. André Pilette (Ecurie Nationale Belge) - Cooper T41 chassis 1, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 7
86. Louis Chiron (Ecurie Voeckler) - Alfa Romeo AR161 chassis 3, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 6
88. Alberto Ascari (Phoenix Racing Organisation) - Phoenix PRO-4 chassis 1, O.S.C.A. 156s engine 11
90. Luigi Musso (Scuderia Ambrosiana) - Ambrosiana A-004 chassis 1, Alfa Romeo ARV8 engine 5
92. Alberto Uria (Scuderia Ambrosiana) - Ambrosiana A-004 chassis 2, Alfa Romeo ARV8 engine 6
94. Jaroslav Juhan (Scuderia Ambrosiana) - Ambrosiana A-003 chassis 1, Alfa Romeo ARV8 engine 4

-Maria Teresa de Filippis is entered in her own car, with Giannino Marzotto in the second car being confirmed much later on.
-Bernie Ecclestone is present as well with his Mercedes-Bentleys for himself and Hernando da Silva Ramos.
-David Hampshire is also there with his Bentley. The second car will only be given to Salvadori later in the year.
-Renzo have once again brought three cars to their first race, for Dorino Serafini, Toulo de Graffenried and Franco Rol, the latter on a glory run to retire on a high.
-Voeckler will make their début in Monaco with main driver André Simon and guest driver Louis Chiron, replacing Louis Rosier at short notice.
-Alfonso de Portago is the only Loyer driver this time around, as Roger Loyer will be on a part-time schedule.
-Both Porsches are present, however, in the hands of Jean Behra and Eugenio Castellotti.
-While they didn't win in Singapore or Rouen, the Gordinis are set to be major contenders again this season, and their four-car team is back again, with Manzon, Sanesi and newcomers Porfirio Rubirosa and Paco Godia.
-Much like other teams, Reatherson have brought only one car, preferring to leave the second at home for the time being. Lance Macklin is trusted with the car.
-After making the expensive choice to build their own car, FRacing have come to the conclusion that the FH355 is not as good as it should have been, and they have instead purchased a Bentley Speed 4 to go with their FIAT engine. Roberto Mieres has his work cut out for him.
-Scuderia Anglo-Italia are ready for a full-season four-car tilt at the championship, with regular driver José Froilan Gonzalez, late-season hero Jacques Swaters and Alfa Romeo refugees Stirling Moss and Peter Whitehead to drive all season long.
-Geoff Richardson, from his hospital bed, has made the sensible and popular decision to leave the second car home until the British rounds, sending only Ferrari stand-in Harry Schell to the early rounds.
-Ecurie Maghreb are present as well, despite persistent rumours to the contrary, mostly due to a perceived lack of driver quality. And indeed, the initially announced Robert la Caze was dropped in favour of the more successful and well-known André Guelfi.
-The amusingly named Desmond Titterington will also be making his début for Irish Racing Association. With Guelfi, this marks the first entry for a Lancia since 1950.
-Lex Davison, for Scuderia Australasia, is the first driver on the entry list to drive the new Cooper T41, funded by a handful of teams. Two more of these cars have been entered for Ecurie Nationale Belge and Maserati.
-Débutant Bib Stillwell will be driving for the New Zealander Tasman Racing Alliance with the unusual O.S.C.A.-Vanwall combination.
-Facing enduring budget issues, Maserati have been forced to invest in the Cooper T41 and abandon their AM53 chassis. They will continue to use the 200F in the Cooper in select races for Ron Flockhart, while no more customers plan on entering any Maserati machinery. Their involvement in Formula One seems to be all but over.
-The new Alfa Romeo has already proven to be the car to beat by dominating the Rouen Grand Prix in the hands of Jack Brabham and Giuseppe Farina. With an encouraging Tony Gaze in the third car to pick up stray points, most connoisseurs already agree that all three titles will probably go to the Italian squad, as the only top team with a new car.
-Vanwall showed promise in the non-championship races with solid performances in the hands of Alan Brown and Dennis Poore. This time, with former JAMR driver Mike Hawthorn replacing Brown, they'll have to face a whole field with their new car, with qualification being a good objective.
-For the first time in their existance, BRUNEL have entered a race that was not the British or United States Grand Prix. Also for the first time, there are two drivers, Anne Hall (who drove for them at Silverstone last year) and débutante Pat Moss (younger sister of Stirling). After Paolo and Giannino Marzotto in Italy last year, it's the second time in Formula One history that siblings are entered to the same event.
-The four usual JAMR drivers are back again in Monaco, despite very late confirmation of their entry. Without any time to prepare the car for the coming season through non-championship races (due to internal miscommunication between Jaguar and Aston Martin), Bira, van der Lof, Bettenhausen and Trintignant will have to rely on their talent and the competitivity of their respective cars, or what remains of it.
-Against all odds, Balkan Eagle and Leader have made it to the start of the season by merging their operations. The resulting "Balkan Leader" (really last year's sole remaining Balkan Lion engine with a new Alfa Romeo chassis bought at a discount) is being driven by Stan Jones, coming off the back of an impressive third place finish in Singapore.
-Owen Racing Organisation have one mission: to bring the BRM name back into Formula One. In the meantime, Kenneth McAlpine will have to impressive on his Formula One début in order to guarantee the funds needed to expand into a full-fledged constructor.
-Despite the usual convoluted plans and conflicting statements by Jacques Swaters in the off-season about Ecurie Nationale Belge's season, the final product is something very different. Through the deal with five other teams to fund the Cooper T41, the team, now badly in debt, are banking on the success of the chassis to survive. Swaters himself, driving full-time for Anglo-Italia, has decided to keep quiet about any future entries for the team, only announcing them shortly before each race. In the meantime, André Pilette will drive a Cooper-Jaguar in Monaco.
-After winning the Singapore Grand Prix in style, Alberto Ascari will take on the season full of confidence in his Phoenix, once again entering a bit later than everyone else.
-Also entering very late, Scuderia Ambrosiana have one of the most daring line-ups of the regular teams. With Rubirosa poached by Gordini and Bracco stepping aside to take on a more managerial role, the team will rely on the inexperienced Luigi Musso and the virtually unknown Uruguayan driver Alberto Uria, while a rotating cast of similarly left-field drivers will drive an older third car, the first of which being the first Guatemalan driver in Formula 1 , Jaroslav Juhan, who will drive in Monaco. Juhan, born in Czechoslovakia (he emigrated to Guatemala in 1951 for political reasons), is an accomplished sportscar driver and Porsche importer in Latin America.

Of course, with only 20 grid spots available, there will be a prequalifying session, with a record 27 drivers taking part in it. And they are:

Bernie Ecclestone
Franco Rol
André Simon
Alfonso de Portago
Eugenio Castellotti
Jean Behra
Paco Godia
Lance Macklin
Roberto Mieres
Jacques Swaters
André Guelfi
Desmond Titterington
Lex Davison
Bib Stillwell
Ron Flockhart
Mike Hawthorn
Dennis Poore
Giannino Marzotto
Anne Hall
Pat Moss
Stan Jones
Kenneth McAlpine
Louis Chiron
Alberto Ascari
Luigi Musso
Alberto Uria
Jaroslav Juhan
Last edited by tommykl on 30 Jan 2015, 12:59, edited 2 times in total.

Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Niedermayr will drive the von Hoff in all races we enter.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Prequalifying performance

Titterington - 113
Guelfi - 112
Swaters - 111
P. Moss - 111
Davison - 109
Mieres - 108
Chiron - 108
Ecclestone - 107
Musso - 107
Godia - 106
Stillwell - 106
de Portago - 105
Hall - 104
Poore - 100
Marzotto - 100
Jones - 100
Behra - 99
Ascari - 98
Macklin - 97
Flockhart - 96
Uria - 95
Juhan - 95
Castellotti - 94
Hawthorn - 94
Simon - 90
Rol - 89
McAlpine - 86

Place your metaphorical bets.

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

After the many off-season trouble ENB has gone trough the blame has to get somewhere. Swaters temporarily leaving the team to Legat, who is according to Swaters "getting too old for this", has caused the team many trouble, and Swaters will take over control again, co-operating with Johnny Claes, who has experience in running a team decently.
Additionaly Swaters claimed "It probably wouldn't make a difference if we put Theodore Pilette in the manager role."

To try to get some additional funding, Johnny Claes will give an exclusive Jazz performance in the Monte Carlo Casino this saturday evening.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Prequalifying standings
1. Paco Godia (Gordini) - 1:41.83
2. Desmond Titterington (Lancia) - 1:41.96
3. Jacques Swaters (O.S.C.A.-Bentley) - 1:44.18
4. Bib Stillwell (O.S.C.A.-Vanwall) - 1:44.51
5. Alberto Ascari (Phoenix-O.S.C.A.) - 1:44.61
6. Dennis Poore (Vanwall) - 1:44.66
7. Stan Jones (Alfa Romeo-Balkan Lion) - 1:45.38
8. Lance Macklin (Bentley-Ferrari) - 1:45.42
9. Giannino Marzotto (O.S.C.A.) - 1:45.81
10. Alfonso de Portago (Loyer-Porsche) - 1:45.85
11. Bernie Ecclestone (Mercedes-Bentley) - 1:45.87
12. Louis Chiron (Alfa Romeo-Jaguar) - 1:45.88
13. Luigi Musso (Ambrosiana-Alfa Romeo) - 1:46.24
14. Mike Hawthorn (Vanwall) - 1:46.28
15. André Simon (Alfa Romeo-Jaguar) - 1:46.38
16. Eugenio Castellotti (Porsche) - 1:46.57
17. André Guelfi (Lancia) - 1:46.65
18. Pat Moss (Bentley) - 1:46.67
19. Jean Behra (Porsche) - 1:46.81
20. Roberto Mieres (Bentley-FIAT) - 1:46.98
21. Anne Hall (O.S.C.A.-Porsche) - 1:47.19
22. Alberto Uria (Ambrosiana-Alfa Romeo) - 1:48.27
23. Lex Davison (Cooper-Jaguar) - 1:48.78
24. Franco Rol (Ambrosiana-Ferrari) - 1:48.93
25. Ron Flockhart (Cooper-Maserati) - 1:49.35
26. Jaroslav Juhan (Ambrosiana-Alfa Romeo) - 1:49.39
27. Kenneth McAlpine (Bentley) - 1:50.48

With so many drivers for so little spots, there was always going to be some disappointment. Lance Macklin and Giannino Marzotto are the two main drivers who should have made it, alongside Ecclestone, Chiron, Hawthorn or Simon. Godia, Swaters, Ascari and Jones did their job competently and made it, while Desmond Titterington stunned the crowd by proving that he knows how to drive a car and that the Lancia is a fundamentally quick car. Stillwell, Poore and Anne Hall also drove well to make the cut.

However, Ambrosiana's gamble on three almost complete rookies has backfired spectacularly, with all three drivers failing to show any sort of pace and failing to prequalify on all three tries. This might turn out to be a long and fatal season for the team.
Last edited by tommykl on 30 Jan 2015, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.

tommykl

Re: Alt-1955 - Monaco Prequalifying up!

Post by tommykl »

And now, qualifying performance.

Bettenhausen - 116
Whitehead - 114
Gaze - 112
de Filippis - 110
Hampshire - 109
Schell - 105
Macklin - 104
Bira - 104
Swaters - 103
Moss - 103
Titterington - 103
Gonzalez - 101
Jones - 100
Rubirosa - 99
Farina - 99
Trintignant - 99
Ramos - 98
Stillwell - 98
van der Lof - 98
de Graffenried - 97
Manzon - 97
Sanesi - 96
Ascari - 93
Pilette - 92
Serafini - 89
Godia - 86
Poore - 85
Brabham - 84
Last edited by tommykl on 30 Jan 2015, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

One driver down for BRUNEL, one driver to go.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Samster

Post by Samster »

WTF, how did we end up stuck in pre-qualifying? We were sixth in both teams and constructors last season, how are Musso and Uria at least not already locked into main qualifying when 20 cars were?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Rol's performance was disgraceful! He's sacked. Toulo de Graffenried will inherit his car. Going into the second Alfa combo will be Cesare Perdisa.

Changes at Voeckler too. Rosier can get lost. Chiron going faster than Simon was impressive, we want to offer him a drive for all the races Rosier was scheduled to do.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

dr-baker wrote:One driver down for BRUNEL, one driver to go.

Sad to say this, but I actually miscounted Hall's performance in prequalifying, and counted the chassis twice. She acctually prequalified 21st and didn't make the cut either. Lance Macklin takes her place and qualifying performance.

Samster wrote:WTF, how did we end up stuck in pre-qualifying? We were sixth in both teams and constructors last season, how are Musso and Uria at least not already locked into main qualifying when 20 cars were?

I believe you missed the part where the prequalifying roster is based on drivers, not teams. Quite simply because the amount of drivers in the session depends on the grid size, and because some teams don't enter the same amount of cars every time, it's completely impractical to do it based on entrants.