The 2014 F1 Rejects Forum Awards

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
DemocalypseNow

Re: The 2014 F1 Rejects Forum Awards

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Simtek wrote:
CoopsII wrote:Avatar of the Year: Bisciones current one. It moves! It bloody moves!

Speaking of which, I miss the avatar he had a year ago (yes, it was before I joined the forum). Now THAT moved!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand you've now become the sworn enemy of the entire forum for reminding me of it. :D
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

On the subject of moving pictures, the one in Biscione's sig would be a good reply to something stupid—I'm thinking of a bad list or an obviously wrong decision by a team.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

The FORMULA 1™ Awards
Driver of the Year: Daniel Ricciardo
Team of the Year: Mercedes
Reject of the Year: Sauber
Race of the Year: Canada
Finish of the Year: Canada
Drive of the Year: Jules Bianchi at Monaco
Worst Race of the Year: Russia
Deadbeat Teammate of the Year: Kimi Raikkonen
Most Improved Driver of the Year: Valtteri Bottas
Rookie of the Year: Magnussen
Most Anonymous Driver of the Year: Adrian Sutil
Crasher of the Year: Pastor Maldonado

The General Motorsports Awards (aka The Non-F1 Awards)
Driver of the Year: Rubens Barrachello (Stock Car Brazil)
Team of the Year: Toyota Racing (WEC)
Reject of the Year: Graham Rahal (IndyCar)
Race of the Year: Huston Race 1 (IndyCar)
Worst Race of the Year: Race of Morocco (WTCC)
Finish of the Year: Indy 500 (IndyCar)
Deadbeat Teammate of the Year: Martin Depper (BTCC)
Most Improved Driver of the Year: Johnny Cecotto Jr. (GP2)
Rookie of the Year: Kyle Larson (NASCAR)
Motorsport Series of the Year: IndyCar

F1Rejects Forum Awards
Forum Member of the Year: Biscione
Moderator of the Year: mario
Thread of the Year: "The most anonymous F1 stints" spawned some gold.
Post of the Year: dinizintheoven's rant on the current state of Formula One
Signature of the Year: TBA
Caption of the Year: TBA
Quote of the Year: Anything by Mario. We should call him the official philosopher of F1 Rejects.com
Predicament Prediction of the Year: TBA because no one has finished them yet
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

dr-baker wrote:I consider it amazing that there is no need for a "Spambot of the year" award, and I imagine that that is a credit to the work that the moderators et al. have done to keep this place going. Well done, congratulations and a big thank you to those responsible for keeping the spam out.

Yeah, at the moment all new members' first three posts have to be approved by a moderator before they can post freely. This means that only us select few get to see the gibberish posted by spambots, although I sometimes share some of the most amusing examples on the IRC channel.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

Nuppiz wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I consider it amazing that there is no need for a "Spambot of the year" award, and I imagine that that is a credit to the work that the moderators et al. have done to keep this place going. Well done, congratulations and a big thank you to those responsible for keeping the spam out.

Yeah, at the moment all new members' first three posts have to be approved by a moderator before they can post freely. This means that only us select few get to see the gibberish posted by spambots, although I sometimes share some of the most amusing examples on the IRC channel.

There's always the 'wonderful world of shoe spam' thread :P
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

The FORMULA 1™ Awards
Driver of the Year:
3rd: Daniel Ricciardo. He was electrifying this year and utterly trounced Vettel who was thought to have the measure of him at the beginning of the year. Took the chance to become leader by the horns and it payed off dramatically.
2nd: Fernando Alonso. While Ricciardo did do better technically, his car was actually good (though this doesn't take away from the fact that Ricciardo did spectacularly well). The fact that Alonso was able to drag that crapbox into places it should not have been is amazing.
1st: Jules Bianchi. For scoring points in a Marussia. It would've been equivalent to Jos Verstappen scoring points in a Simtek had he managed to do it. Sadly it looks like he won't be behind the wheel again, and may he recover peacefully.

Team of the Year: Mercedes; there really is no competition here, and while the car was somewhat unreliable at times it was shockingly fast and when it did run well (and it often did) it brutalized the field.

Reject of the Year:
3rd: Ferrari. This has been one of their worst seasons in a long while, and the team is paying dearly for it. Alonso's patience has dried up and thus has left, while they are left with a driver who can't give a damn, and a driver who will try to do what Alonso has tried to do before. Hopefully the new staff coming in will help the team regain wins and hopefully championships, but it will be long and arduous.
2nd: Caterham. Ranging from questionable design choices, to poor treatment of their drivers, to possibly unsafe cars, to funding, leadership, and ownership issues, this team has it all when it comes to being a reject team. The car looked like a pig and went like one too, and pretty much killed the F1 career of Kamui Kobayashi. That being said, it gave Will Stevens a chance to try out an F1 car, and he did remarkably well. The team still sucked though.
1st:: Sauber. Ferrari managed to score points and Caterham was as uncompetitive as always. Sauber though should've scored at least one point. However, their two drivers were uninspiring and slow and the car was too heavy and would've been better suited as a flower pot. With Gutierrez and Sutil out they might have a chance next year, but it is full of unknowns, such as Marcus Ericsson's and Felipe Nasr's abilities, whether or not the car will be bad, and if the money the two drivers bring in will be sufficient. On top of that there are still disputes about the seats for next year, with Van de Garde and Sutil claiming they have rides. It will be a messy off season for the team, and if there is anything to go by, 2015 will be another tough year.
Honorable Mention: McLaren, who had a lot of the same problems as Ferrari but less so.

Race of the Year: Bahrain

Finish of the Year: Monaco

Drive of the Year: Jules Bianchi at Monaco

Worst Race of the Year: Russia

Deadbeat Teammate of the Year: Kimi Raikkonen
Honorable Mention: Esteban Gutierrez or Adrian Sutil; they were equally deadbeat

Most Improved Driver of the Year: Valtteri Bottas

Rookie of the Year: Kvyat; Magnussen did great as well but I haven't seen Kvyat put a foot down wrong. Really was let down by the car's lack of reliability.

Most Anonymous Driver of the Year: Maldonado. Yeah, he did crash spectacularly some times but most of the time I forgot he was actually racing.

Crasher of the Year: Both Sauber drivers.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

The FORMULA 1™ Awards
Driver of the Year: Rosberg
Team of the Year: Williams
Reject of the Year: Lotus
Race of the Year: Monaco
Finish of the Year: Monaco
Deadbeat Teammate of the Year: Raikkonen
Most Improved Driver of the Year: Bottas
Most Anonymous Driver of the Year: Maldonado, he's no longer crashing as often.
Crasher of the Year: Gutierrez Gutierrez...

Driver of the Year: Ryan Newman (NASCAR), never has such consistency been seen out of a driver to be one point short of winning a championship yet have only four top 5 finishes.
Team of the Year: Team Penske (IndyCar)
Reject of the Year: Alex Bowman (NASCAR) and Martin Depper (BTCC)
Race of the Year: Bathurst 1000
Worst Race of the Year: WTCC races due to Citroen dominance
Finish of the Year: Bathurst 1000
Deadbeat Teammate of the Year: Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (NASCAR) and Martin Depper (BTCC)
Most Improved Driver of the Year: Simon Pagenaud
Rookie of the Year: Chase Elliott (NASCAR) for being only Rookie of the Year to be a Series Champion
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Press_Play2002

Post by Press_Play2002 »

The F1 Awards

Drivers of the Year: Nico Rosberg and Daniel Ricciardo. Why?: The people's champion, Ricciardo's abilities on the wheel hark back to his F3/Formula Renault years and with a better car compared to last year's, relinquished that potential to become a future champion (hopefully). Nico's luck may have subsided from Italy on-wards but his early/mid-season quali pace outmatched Hamilton's.

Team of the Year: Mercedes. Why?: More wins in a single season than McLaren's '88 season, nuff said.

Reject of the Year: O'l Bernard. Why?: *Sigh* It's in plain sight that he has lost the plot totally to the point of want and abandon.

Races of the Year: Canada and Bahrain. Why?: They had good finishes, and tension.

Finish of the Year: Singapore. Why?: Painfully, "Lewisteria" got bragging rights, and with good reason.

DTOTY: Sebasitien Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen. Why?: No wins at all on-board the H.M.S. Heppenheim on a season where he has lost faith in a Win-worthy car, cue the facepalms. Kimi's anonymity is surprisingly worse than his WRC stint.

MIDOTY: Valteri Bottias. Why?: Outshining a supposed "Improved" Massa, a new Flying Finn in the making.

Rookie of the Year: Kevin Magnussen. Why? Scored moar points than his father Jan and deserved to stay at Mclaren instead of Button.

MADOTY: Adrian Sutil: Why?: He EXISTED!? I didn't know that!

Crasher of the Year: Esteban Gutierrez. Why?: The unnecessary happenings of said crashes.

The Non-F1 Awards

Drivers of the Year: Marco Wittman, Jose Maria-Lopez and Colin Turkington (DTM, WTCC, BTCC). Why?: These three drivers have one thing in common; consistency, skill, and drove for dominant teams this season. Well deserved titles for all of them.

Team of the Year: Team Penske (IRL). Why?: Again, dominance, consistency and skill with the likes of Will Power, Helio Castroneves and Juan-Pablo Montoya.

Reject of the Year: Matt Neal (BTCC). Why?: Anonymous, disappointing, bland. These words can only be best fit for Neal's 2014 campaign. Sure he had some good races but his overall result was lackluster in championship terms.

Race of the Year: Le Mans 2014. Why?: Bathurst could have won this were it not for the disintegrating track (a testament to the fact that when the track starts to FALL APART DURING THE RACE, the race loses its charm and value). Anyway, the race made a brilliant recovery after the events from last year with Porsche coming "this" close to winning on their comeback.

Finish of the Year: Long Beach 2014. Why?: Newgarden was so close to victory but no, Ryan had to mess it up for the rest of us, on and off the track. Oh and don't even THINK about using the Senna rebuttal.

Worst Race of the Year: Long Beach 2014. Why?: See above.

Rookies of the Year: Jack Clarke and Chaz Mostert. Why?: Clarke excelled in the latter part of the season with consistent points finishes and a 2nd place finish at Brands Hatch GP. Mostert goes one step further by dragging his Falcon (shared with Paul Morris) from last to first at Bathurst on October.

DTOTY: Martin Depper. Why?: Sluggish in a win-worthy car, inconsistent results, barely reached the points at times. Bla bla bla.

MSOTY: WEC. Why?: Audi may have won the battle of Le Mans, but not the war of the championship. Good on Toyota, despite semi-cheating at Le Mans with a psuedo DRS system to try and negate their horrid luck at Le Mans to no avail.
tumblr: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/n0tab0x1871 TARTZ: http://truefalse1989.deviantart.com/
"I think Press_Play2002 is on a downward spiral and has lost it completely"
~Mark WebberNot a real quote by the way
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

F1 Awards
Driver of the Year: Jules Bianchi
Team of the Year: Marussia
Race of the Year: Monaco
Finish of the Year: Hungary
Deadbeat Teammate of the Year: Max Chilton
Most Improved Driver of the Year: Valterri Bottas
Rookie of the Year: Kevin Magnussen
Most Anonymous Driver of the Year: None
Crasher of the Year: Pastor Maldonado

Driver of the Year: Rubens Barrichelo
Team of the Year: Toyota WEC
Reject of the Year: None
Race of the Year: 2014 Bathurst 1000
Worst Race of the Year: 2014 GP2 Hungary Race 1
Finish of the Year: 2014 Indianapolis 500
Deadbeat Teammate of the Year: None
Most Improved Driver of the Year: Scott McLaughin
Rookie of the Year: Max Verstappen

The Perry McCarthy Memorial Forum Awards (optional!)
Virtual Driver of the Year: Julio Vaca
Virtual Worst driver of the Year: Thomas Berger
Virtual Team of the Year: V.I.D.A.
Virtual Series of the Year: LGPS 1993
Virtual Reject of the Year: 1995 Rejects-1 Malaysia GP
Last edited by AxelP800 on 31 Dec 2014, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AxelP800 wrote:Predicament Prediction of the Year: My 2014 Monaco predictions

You can't vote for yourself.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

I don't know why people keep saying Maldonado is the crasher of the year while drivers like Sutil (and even Massa) crashed a lot more in this year.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Dj_bereta wrote:I don't know why people keep saying Maldonado is the crasher of the year while drivers like Sutil (and even Massa) crashed a lot more in this year.

'Cause he's Maldonado.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Fetzie

Post by Fetzie »

Dj_bereta wrote:I don't know why people keep saying Maldonado is the crasher of the year while drivers like Sutil (and even Massa) crashed a lot more in this year.

Some of Massa's crashes were due to another driver's error though.

Nico's luck may have subsided from Italy on-wards but his early/mid-season quali pace outmatched Hamilton's.

Except that grid position isn't the same as race classification (well, unless you are in Monaco, which is 90 minutes of parade laps). If Rosberg got behind Hamilton, Hamilton won the race.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Maldonado crashed an awful lot in practice sessions as well as races.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Rocks with Salt

Post by Rocks with Salt »

The FORMULA 1™ Awards
Driver of the Year: Hamilton
Team of the Year: Mercedes
Race of the Year: Canada
Finish of the Year: Bianchi, Monaco
Deadbeat Teammate of the Year: Raikkonen
Most Improved Driver of the Year: Bottas
Most Anonymous Driver of the Year: Gutierrez
Crasher of the Year: I dunno, Sutil I guess?

Driver of the Year: Erica Enders-Stevens (The first female pro stock champion in NHRA history)
Team of the Year: Honda - MotoGP
Reject of the Year: Sergio Canamasas
Race of the Year: German MotoGP - all but 9 of the 23 riders start in the pitlane! :lol:
Worst Race of the Year: Morocco - WTCC
Finish of the Year: Indianapolis 500
Deadbeat Teammate of the Year: Sergio Canamasas
Most Improved Driver of the Year: Sebastien Bourdais
Rookie of the Year: Carlos Munoz
...in bed.

1998 Monaco GP wrote:Murray Walker: A lot of people here are really debating if Riccardo Rosset is Formula 1 material.
Martin Brundle: Well, that's a fairly short debate, Murray.