F1 Rejects is safe once again!

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
DemocalypseNow

F1 Rejects is safe once again!

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Hi everyone,

Recently the website suffered a pretty bad virus infection that made the forums completely inhospitable. The forum software has been completely refreshed, and the malicious code show now be completely wiped from the server.

You may continue to see virus warnings in your browsers such as Firefox and Chrome, but these are based from old information when the infection was still live - a ticket has been submitted to Google for a site re-evaluation, and hopefully the warnings will have vanished within the next 24 hours.

The main section of the site will remain closed for now at the request of Jamie & Enoch.

Biscione.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1 Rejects is safe once again!

Post by FullMetalJack »

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Once again, many thanks. :D
#FreeGonzo
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Thanks a bunch. :D
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Should I ever meet this man, he shall receive a free pint of alcoholic beverage as token of my gratitude :D
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Thanks so much Biscione, you are a legend
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
More_Blue_Flags

Post by More_Blue_Flags »

Biscione wrote:Hi everyone,

Recently the website suffered a pretty bad virus infection that made the forums completely inhospitable. The forum software has been completely refreshed, and the malicious code show now be completely wiped from the server.

You may continue to see virus warnings in your browsers such as Firefox and Chrome, but these are based from old information when the infection was still live - a ticket has been submitted to Google for a site re-evaluation, and hopefully the warnings will have vanished within the next 24 hours.

The main section of the site will remain closed for now at the request of Jamie & Enoch.

Biscione.

My early nomination for Post of the Year. Great work, mate.
CoopsII wrote:Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Well done, its good to be back in business. Lets hope this issue doesnt raise its ugly head again
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

peteroli34 wrote:Well done, its good to be back in business. Lets hope this issue doesnt raise its ugly head again

Well, we faced the same issue back in April 2012.

Anyway, it's nice to finally be back at home. :D I also noticed that some stuff that formerly displays mere strings now has the intended text (for instance, POWERED_BY is now replaced by phpBB copyright).
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Fantastic, I have to admit I was seriously worried that all the work in the PMMF would be lost forever...
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AustralianStig wrote:Fantastic, I have to admit I was seriously worried that all the work in the PMMF would be lost forever...

How could be have lived not seeing the much anticipated canon debut of Wulfric Womebsi?! :P

Image Image
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Thank you Biscione and anyone else that helped him fix the site. :D
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Nice work Biscione. Even the avatars now show up. Guess who's back, back again, Forum's back, tell a friend...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Good work!

I have no related meme, Youtube clip or gif. Sorry.
Just For One Day...
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Virus warnings are gone too, nice one Biscione
I like the way Snrub thinks!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Congratulations! Google has received and processed your malware review request. We did not detect any malware on your site.nAs a result, we're removing the malware warning from your site.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Biscione wrote:
Congratulations! Google has received and processed your malware review request. We did not detect any malware on your site.nAs a result, we're removing the malware warning from your site.

Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Ataxia wrote:
Biscione wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
W12

Post by W12 »

Thank you, Biscione :D
Born on the same day as HWNSNBM!

Fan of: Ricciardo, Räikkönen and Marussia (R.I.P?).
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Pure braw!

I was wondering when and where I'd get my fix of back-of-the-grid F1 nattering again. I just registered on the alternative forum to find this one's now alive and well again.

Never mind buying Mr Lind... I mean, Linari a pint, make it a whole bottle of Glenmorangie! And a can of Irn-Bru.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

More_Blue_Flags wrote:
Biscione wrote:Hi everyone,

Biscione.

My early nomination for Post of the Year. Great work, mate.

Seconded.
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
TomPryce

Post by TomPryce »

This may have been answered elsewhere, but I am very interested.

Why is the main site offline? Part of me feels like one of the featured drivers has sued the site or somesuch. I feel like I'm missing something very big.
Remembering a Welsh sporting hero. Pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

TomPryce wrote:This may have been answered elsewhere, but I am very interested.

Why is the main site offline? Part of me feels like one of the featured drivers has sued the site or somesuch. I feel like I'm missing something very big.

We are missing something very big. Thus far Jamie and Enoch have refused to articulate on the reasons for the downtime.

Image Image
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Biscione wrote:
TomPryce wrote:This may have been answered elsewhere, but I am very interested.

We are missing something very big. Thus far Jamie and Enoch have refused to articulate on the reasons for the downtime.

I do hope it does come back up at some point The team profiles were my favorite late night reading.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
pher38

Post by pher38 »

I must admit, the lack of explanation coming from Jamie and Enoch is very worrying or even unusual?

If this was silence coming from a F1 team Jamie and Enoch would be the first to start asking questions and speculating that all was not well, and rightly so! Are F1Rejects doing a Caterham?

There were no announcements about a forthcoming site take-down and there were even plans for live commentary during the Russian GP, so this was clearly not planned? why has this happened? It must be serious...
"Lap 20 and I do hope for the sake of the gallant hard trying Simtek team that their car with Jos Verstappen keeps running, his team mate Schiattarella is also still running in 13th place but Jos Verstappen from Holland..is in sixth position!"
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I think (though I also hope it isn't the case) that the site's been "FOM'd" - i.e. FOM have come after them telling them they can't use F1, and all the pictures, references, etc. It's happened to lots of other places - the Fantasy Racers F1 section, F1 Archives, amongst others.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

pher38 wrote:... there were even plans for live commentary during the Russian GP, so this was clearly not planned? why has this happened? It must be serious...

They announced the cancellation of that in a thread briefly without explanation as to why, and locked the thread immediately so people couldn't comment or ask questions. Very strange...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

dr-baker wrote:
pher38 wrote:... there were even plans for live commentary during the Russian GP, so this was clearly not planned? why has this happened? It must be serious...

They announced the cancellation of that in a thread briefly without explanation as to why, and locked the thread immediately so people couldn't comment or ask questions. Very strange...

IIRC that post stated that the reason for cancelling the live commentary was because the main site was down, and that they hoped to do another live commentary in the future to make up for being unable to do the Russian GP one. But still, it is pretty strange why that post has now disappeared....
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

As a part of the maintenance project, I've added strikethrough as one of the text formatting options, available from the little "s" at the top of the posting screen (next to "Font colour"). Here's how to use it:

Code: Select all

[s]Text[/s]

Text
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

That's useless the most anticipated update on these forums :P
Just testing something here...
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

AndreaModa wrote:I think (though I also hope it isn't the case) that the site's been "FOM'd" - i.e. FOM have come after them telling them they can't use F1, and all the pictures, references, etc. It's happened to lots of other places - the Fantasy Racers F1 section, F1 Archives, amongst others.

Please don't give Bernie any ideas.

Anyway, i'm happy that this enourmous emptyness in my life is now filled again with joy, hope and weird stuff! Think about it, life is a little bit like Life.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

I do apologise that the downage of the site (when no adequate word exists, make one up) has occurred suddenly and without further explanation, and that that status remains. I acknowledge that this little crazy hobby of ours has been a source of free entertainment and enjoyment for many of you for a long time, but right now that can't be the case.

I appreciate that for many of you, that may seem somewhat unsatisfactory. But clearly there are some issues we are having to work through. Some of it is personal. I know in this PR-saturated world that is often an excuse which is trotted out but, in this case, I can say that that is true. But I don't think Jamie or I can or should say any more.

I would simply ask for your patience. I would also politely ask that you do not speculate as to what the issues are. As I would prefer to err on the side of being overkillingly cautious in that regard, I propose to lock this thread. My apologies again.